Fire Bill O'Brien!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re: Fire Bill O'Brien!

In Response to Re: Fire Bill O'Brien!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fire Bill O'Brien! : Right, but if he's tossing 3 dropped iNTs in NY, playing INdy and KC, and then a zone in Philly with Gronk and Welker as beasts on easy short passes, is that really that great of a thing?  I mean, we won't be seeing easy Ds in January. That stats is certainly a good thing, but is it telling us he won't force balls in man coverage against D;s better than what we've seen recently? That's really good stuff, but I know what I see. I won't be seeing weaker Ds or a zone D in January. In other words, 75% of the fans and media will tell us "we don't know what to expect in January with this D". My reaction is, I know EXACTLY what to expect with this D. Around 20 points allowed, hopefully a turnover or 2, a good Run D, and the game will be in control from a defensive standpoint. What I don't know is, will our offense help out our D with ball control, field and clock management and helping them by not going 3 and out in back to back posessions? It's almost comical to me that people will use the same premise, but only apply to it to the D.  My only concern with the D is health and some continuity/momentum into January. I think it comes and they'll be fine in that area. At least, I hope so.  BB has done a nice job managing the roster under less than perfect circumstances on D. I think the payoff comes now. I don't want stats.  I think it's great Brady hasn't tossed a pick until Sunday. I think it's a great improvement from mid season. I really do. We'll need that.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]

You know I agree with you on this 100%. We don't play complimentary football. the 3 phases don't work together. We just disagree on the source of the problem. I think Brady is doing what he is told for the most part. 2007 such a great statistical year has had a lasting effect on this offense in a negative way. That starts and ends with coaching imo.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]I watched the replay again of the route Underwood ran, he ran a bad, sloppy route. Not a good clean route to beging with.  I really believe if Welker ran that route it's a TD. 
    Posted by TFB12[/QUOTE]

the route looked like it was along the back of the endzone...so, he ran parallel to it...he couldn't exactly take a left and go out of bounds.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Russ..can we please stick to the facts? Your whole premise is built on "what if"...What if Brady is changing the plays at the line, what if he is going against OB/BB.

Meanwhile your not looking at some of the facts that others have presented here. Someone called out BB in the Colts game telling OB to "throw". We have also seen in other instances BB calling for the same thing. The facts as limited as they are, support BB/OB making the calls, and TB executing them..not TB changing run plays to pass plays because he is stat happy. That argument is old and tired especially when built on speculation.

I do agree with you however on your comments about the offense and applying some of the same thought process we put on the D, to the O...Meaning, we don't know what to expect out of either unit in January which is a scary thing.

I think bottomline is this...If Brady doesn't show in January, we loose flat out. if the D doesn't show in January, and Brady does, we still have a chance to win.

Again Russ...with 2 minutes left in the game, what unit do you entrust more to win us the game?...the O or the D?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fire Bill O'Brien! : Right, but what if Brady chose a pass play over the first choice run play O'Brien called in? This is the point. What if Brady overruled and that is why O'Brien lost it?

The million dollar question is whether Brady changes the play on the field or if he's running the play(s) Obie called.  But Bill always says it comes back to him, he's the bottom line, the buck stops with him.  So if the OC is making the call or Brady is pass happy, BB could change it, could he not?  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fire Bill O'Brien! : I will laugh my balls off if Brady has another mediocre, uninspired playoff game in round 1 and the D plays well. If our offense was down to scrubs on offense, I certainly wouldn't be hammering them right now.

We are down to scrubs on defense because BB didn't do so well drafting CBs and Safeties, and made a huge mistake in letting all his safeties go this offseason and having to rely on an often injured Chung, and a host of other players that are simply unproven.

To me, this defense is playing well in spurts when the D line plays well. When Carter, Anderson, Love, VW and others on the DL show up, we look good. When they don't, we just don't have a seocndary or LB corps in place to offset this.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

I think O'Brien has improved in his tenure, only to appear to step backwards.  But I read here recently that it is BB that pushy for a heavy rotation of pass plays.  That seems to put OB in a tough spot.  It's like asking somebody to paint a sunrise and telling them they can only use three colors of paint.

As for the shouting match, I back OB for putting Brady back in his box.  

I have not liked watching Brady beat-up on receivers and RBs that couldn't catch his errant passes.  I used to hate when Marino did it and I hate when Brady does it. 

There was not much Underwood could have done.  He was held.  The DB grabbed his shirt to pull in front.  No flag.  The pass was soft, late and behind. You can say he should have done more to knock away the ball, and I agree.  I 'spose he was expecting a flag on what was a very obvious P/I, but didn't get.  Hopefully, he has learned from that mistake.  But he hardly warranted a verbal beating.  Brady was more responsible than Underwood and Brady chews out Underwood? Wrong call , Brady.  You have to start to wonder if Brady chewing-out WRs is undermining the young WRs confidence - if Brady is a big part of why so many WRs have washed-out at the Pats to an extreme degree.

It was about time somebody reminded Brady that he is not perfect and that when he makes a mistake nobody is chewing him out in-game, so he should not do it to others. I don't see how it can help a team be better in the game. Save it for film day and practice.

I am a big Brady fan, make no mistake.  But I don;t think OB has been the sole or even main reason why this O has faltered at times this season.  2009?  Yeah.  2011? No.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fire Bill O'Brien! : the route looked like it was along the back of the endzone...so, he ran parallel to it...he couldn't exactly take a left and go out of bounds.
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii[/QUOTE]

I'd like to add that any route is gong to look poor when the WR is held that much.  It looks like he had the defender beat until the hold. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Mayo is gimpy, but I guess it is only cramps.  The real questions are 1) will Chung make it back in time and 2) will Ihedigbo make it into the post-season?  I swear, the guy is being held together with duct tape and kite string.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]I think O'Brien has improved in his tenure, only to appear to step backwards.  But I read here recently that it is BB that pushy for a heavy rotation of pass plays.  That seems to put OB in a tough spot.  It's like asking somebody to paint a sunrise and telling them they can only use three colors of paint. As for the shouting match, I back OB for putting Brady back in his box.   I have not liked watching Brady beat-up on receivers and RBs that couldn't catch his errant passes.  I used to hate when Marino did it and I hate when Brady does it.  There was not much Underwood could have done.  He was held.  The DB grabbed his shirt to pull in front.  No flag.  The pass was soft, late and behind. You can say he should have done more to knock away the ball, and I agree.  I 'spose he was expecting a flag on what was a very obvious P/I, but didn't get.  Hopefully, he has learned from that mistake.  But he hardly warranted a verbal beating.  Brady was more responsible than Underwood and Brady chews out Underwood? Wrong call , Brady.  You have to start to wonder if Brady chewing-out WRs is undermining the young WRs confidence - if Brady is a big part of why so many WRs have washed-out at the Pats to an extreme degree. It was about time somebody reminded Brady that he is not perfect and that when he makes a mistake nobody is chewing him out in-game, so he should not do it to others. I don't see how it can help a team be better in the game. Save it for film day and practice. I am a big Brady fan, make no mistake.  But I don;t think OB has been the sole or even main reason why this O has faltered at times this season.  2009?  Yeah.  2011? No.
    Posted by chrisakawoody[/QUOTE]

What a load of crap.

O'Brien is so over the top other coaches physically intervene on his depraved ranting at Brady, then BB comes over and admonishes him and he STILL has something more to say. But this is a good thing in your view.

When your boss comes over and tells you knock it off and you don't stop, YOU have the problem.

Brady wasn't verbally beating Underwood. His approach looked much more plaintive, as in, "c;mon man, you got to put up a fight for that ball", than it did a chewing out. Yet O'Brien had to be physically restrained from accosting Brady further by coaching staff.

And now you're wondering if Brady is the problem for young WRs? Go get your head examined.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Brady is spoiled? WHere do you get this stuff Russ?

Brady is sure fire HOF, and if he expects others beside Gronk and Wes to step up and come to play ball, then so be it. That is the right expectation to have. I don't think he puts the same amount of pressure on Underwood as he does Gronk and Wes, he just wants others on the O to bring their A game and play to their potential. Again, this is me speculating, as it is you specualting he expects everyone to play like a HOF.

When you have a QB of TB's caliber, you have to surround him with talent or you don't maximize your potential. The Pats, led by BB himself, failed on many occasion to maximize TB. You can point to letting Branch walk, not resigning Gaffney and expecting the same results with Brady at the helm when he has to throw to pieces of shyte like Caldwell, while your buddy Gomer, Rodgers, Brees are lauded with NFL caliber WRs. This is a huge failure to me on BB's part. He seem to course correct in 2007, then dropped off the map until drafting Gronk and Hern in 2010.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fire Bill O'Brien! : We are down to scrubs on defense because BB didn't do so well drafting CBs and Safeties, and made a huge mistake in letting all his safeties go this offseason and having to rely on an often injured Chung, and a host of other players that are simply unproven. To me, this defense is playing well in spurts when the D line plays well. When Carter, Anderson, Love, VW and others on the DL show up, we look good. When they don't, we just don't have a seocndary or LB corps in place to offset this.
    Posted by PatsLifer[/QUOTE]

Don't worry. A bunch of medicore to average depth is better than actual proven playmakers on a team. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

If  you presume that Brady is making changes to the play to go from run to pass.  Then you have OB at fault for chewing on Brady, when Brady was chewing on a faultless Underwood.  Brady has been doing this all season on plays when he was chiefly at fault. For the past few years, in fact. I think OB finally took exception to it. 

Now if you add that perhaps Brady had changed from a running play to a pass play, if I was the OC and was watching Brady chew out an innocent after Brady had changed my play call, and possibly losing an already virtually won-game as a result, and Brady had been doing this all season (changing play, throwing red-zone pick, chewing on receiver), I think I would have gone ballistic too. It's not like OB threw a punch.  

If Brady is gonna' dish it - when he is at fault, no less - then he better take it too and shut his trap.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE] Brady is spoiled by futuer HOFers, Welker and Gronk,

Welker isn't going to the HOF you nitwit.

And nobody is saying Brady was not at fault for the  INT either.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Babe, I want to add one point.

Have you listened to Brady when he is mic'd just after he has made a bad play and is chewing out a receiver? He sounds EXACTLY like a spoiled brat.  His tone is whiney, nasally, shrill and childish.  It is truly grating.

We've all heard the stories.  I just heard yesterday that Brady confessed to occasionally CRYING after throwing INTs during college practices.  CRYING!!!!

The guy is so competitive that he loses his head at times.  When Charlie was here, he could contain Brady.  But as each successfully weaker OC came along, Brady has been more dominating.  He becomes his worst enemy at times.

I am not anti-Brady, but only a fool will worship him as the perfect, faultless, end-all, be-all QB of the right-now.  That guy is playing in green and gold. Two years running, in fact.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]If  you presume that Brady is making changes to the play to go from run to pass.  Then you have OB at fault for chewing on Brady, when Brady was chewing on a faultless Underwood.  Brady has been doing this all season on plays when he was chiefly at fault. For the past few years, in fact. I think OB finally took exception to it.  Now if you add that perhaps Brady had changed from a running play to a pass play, if I was the OC and was watching Brady chew out an innocent after Brady had changed my play call, and possibly losing an already virtually won-game as a result, and Brady had been doing this all season (changing play, throwing red-zone pick, chewing on receiver), I think I would have gone ballistic too. It's not like OB threw a punch.   If Brady is gonna' dish it - when he is at fault, no less - then he better take it too and shut his trap.
    Posted by chrisakawoody[/QUOTE]

Got enough "ifs" here or what?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from akoko. Show akoko's posts

In response to "Re: Fire Bill O'Brien!": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fire Bill O'Brien! : Answer me this, would TB talk to BB like that? Doesn't BB only wear a headset as well? You have to show O'Brien SOME respect, if you (Tom Brady) don't, why would Tyquian Underwood?  Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE] Tom was not even talking to him he was talking to underwood of course Tom will not talk to BBlike that because BB will not go up to Tom face yelling at him while sitting down. That is the difference btw BB and OB BB will talk to him privately not yelling at him on the sideline remember he has to be restrained by BB himself that is not a good sign for OB because if it comes down to it whom do you think the team will ride with. I blame TB for replying him he should have ignored him.I can't understand why so many people on this blog siding with OB you think if it was Peyton, OB will be be gone after this season. I remember when a radio analyst was critizing manning last year for all the INts he was throwing last year, the sport analyst almost lost his job he has to mend with manning you guys don't what you got in an hall of fame QB I hope we all come after 10 yrs when Tom is gone then be back to old same PATS in the 90's.

25. This post has been removed.