Fireman Ed's Guest Column on why he left Thanksgiving Night's game early

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

Re: Fireman Ed's Guest Column on why he left Thanksgiving Night's game early

Patsman3, I concur, you nailed it big time.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

In response to Neal Page's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to dustcover's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Patsman3, I concur, you nailed it big time.

[/QUOTE]

You two must ride the same short bus.  If I am the one blasting attention seeking trolls here, then how I can I be the one seeking attention? That doesn't make any sense.

All of our trolls here are just another version of what Fireman Ed is. He just does it in plain sight like a reject at age 53.  Get it?

You must shop at Walmart, too. lol

[/QUOTE]

That's right Rusty its not all about you huh?  Then why does every one of your posts go on and on with lines like -- If I am the only one, If I dont do this or that.  Your posts sure are filled with lots of  I's for someone who says its not all about himself.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

This garbage can be summed up in 3 words.....

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

I am talking about sport fans(jets et al) hating on fireman ed.  I havent heard one bad thing about the guy from anyone who has met him in person.  Now that he has decided to step down as our unofficial #1 jets fan, i have heard a few different stories about how he has helped others.  I have yet to hear 1 story about how he is self centered, egotistical, or out for money.  That is kinda hard to do in today's twitter and online universe if you are a phony. So talk about the Jets being down now because we definately are, but for fans to kick this guy because he chose to support the Jets starting QB is in bad taste.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to Ytsejamer1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think his explanation was pretty good.  I wouldn't begrudge him for stepping away if other fans are giving him a hard time.  With the recent violence at NFL stadiums this year, I think it's the smart thing to do.

Now...should anyone care?  No...not really.  But for better or worse, he's been front and center cheering his horrific team on.  Of course the NY papers might be interested in why he went off the grid.

[/QUOTE]

Probably that guy behind him that can't see. I can see why he got confronted.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Rocky's comment:
    [QUOTE]Guest Column: 'Fireman' Ed steps away, but not as fan       Email   More Sharing Servicesmore   Fireman Ed  ALEX TRAUTWIG/GETTY IMAGES

Fireman Ed has been wearing a Mark Sanchez jersey this season instead of his usual No. 42.

ED ANZALONE NEW YORK (Metro.us)

On Thanksgiving night, I left the Jets game before halftime. This was the second time in a row I left before there were four zeroes on the clock. We have had much worse teams than this and I never left before. I pride myself in that, because I am not a quitter.

RESPONSE: Oh really? You pass yourself off as the #1 Jets fan...a leader. Yet, unlike navy captains, you refused to go down with the Kelly Green ship. Instead, you quit...as shown when you abandoned ship, at halftime. Can't say that I blame you...the Jets were worse than awful. But, come on, man. Own it, Ed. 

I decided to leave Thursday because the confrontations with other Jets fans have become more common, even though most Jets fans are fantastic.

RESPONSE: LOL!!! In a word...weak! You're trying to sell us that you left because you just noticed that confrontations with other Jets' fans have become more common? Are you seriously trying to tell us that rude Jets' fans are something new? Ed, you're really pushing the envelope with this BS. You're a tough guy. Are you trying to say that a few unrulies ran you off? Losing repeatedly, and in a humiliating fashion, breeds discontent. But, Jets fans should be used to it by now.   

This is an indication of how society has lost and is continuing to lose respect for one another.

RESPONSE: Spare me! Sure, society may not be what it used to be. But, we're talking about NY/NJ fans. When have they ever been courteous and mild mannered?  

The stadium has become divided because of the quarterback controversy as well. The fact that I chose to wear a Mark Sanchez jersey this year and that fans think I am on the payroll — which is an outright lie — have made these confrontations more frequent. Whether it’s in the stands, the bathroom or the parking lot, these confrontations are happening on a consistent basis.

RESPONSE: Hey Ed, if you can't take the heat, than you're right to get out of the kitchen! But, no one forced you to wear a Sanchez jersey. By doing so, and by holding yourself out as the Jets' #1 fan, you make yourself a target of possible ridicule. So, are you going to stop attending games now, Ed? Are you going to trade the Sanchez jersey for that ol' reliable #42, or the Broadway Joe, #12? 

Although I can â€ÂÂÂœhold my own,” I do not want to lose my temper and make a stupid mistake. I have a responsibility to the families and kids that enjoy the game and Fireman Ed.

RESPONSE: I understand that there are fans who enjoy the game, but, who enjoys you? You're a fraud. A true kelly-green bleeder would have stuck it out to the end...even though this 49-19 debacle was painful to watch.  

I have enjoyed my time in chanting the greatest chant in all of sports.

RESPONSE: What is that? Lets' Go Yankees??

I have enjoyed meeting all the wonderful Jets fans around the world and look forward to the day we all can raise the Lombardi Trophy as one and celebrate a world championship down the Canyon of Heroes!

RESPONSE: Yes sir...all two of them...you and Jets troll Leon...LOL!!!  

I will always love the Jets because they are in my heart, and I will attend games as usual, just not as Fireman Ed. God bless and, as always, let’s go Jets!

RESPONSE: Really? Who are you going to be disguised as at the next Jets home game...Jingles the Clown? Hey Ed, maybe you can adopt an ol' New Orleans tradition, and wear one of those brown bags over your head...LOL!!! Disappointed in you, big guy.

–Fireman Ed Anzalone was a New York City firefighter for two decades and has been a Jets fan since 1975.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Pat you are awesome - almost fell out of the comp chair reading your inputs....Dude if we ever meet, drinks on me all night....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

So Ed is being confronted by fellow Jets fans? What he cant seem to understand here is that Jets fans have assumed the identity of their coach - rude, obnoxious, and loud mouthed....Remember Rexi's STFU comment to a fan last year?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Sure, society may not be what it used to be. But, we're talking about NY/NJ fans. When have they ever been courteous and mild mannered?  "

Pat your retorts were funny, and Fireman Ed is clearly a hypocrite, but I suspect that there is some truth that crowds are getting tougher and more violent. even of their own kind. You can make fun of Ed all you want but it's disturbing to see the amount of crowd violence. Ed didn't quit as a fan, he just quit as his persona. I'm sure there were many reasons including hating the losing, but I gotta say I sympathize with his point. Humor is humor but there's something about this story that is troublesome, if what he is saying is indeed at least partially true. He included some detail on this, such as some hostile fans thinking he's on the team's payroll and taking it out on him. I would suggest you take some of the bile you directed at him and apply it to some of the clueless Jets fans that made his life more difficult. Wearing a Sanchez jersey should not be seen as some kind of betrayal or corporate sponsorship.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Norger. Show Norger's posts

In response to WeDerrWEDAT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This garbage can be summed up in 3 words.....

[/QUOTE]

He's a self-appointed dork who "resigned" from a "job" that he doesn't have.  And I don't believe for a second that his "quitting" has nothing to do with the fact that the J-E-T-S just suffered one of their most humiliating losses in a history full of them.  Good riddance, but I guarantee this insufferable jerk will be back.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Colin Cowherd had a pretty good take on him, funny and probably right on.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Norger. Show Norger's posts

As a poster elsewhere said, I read his name as Ed Analzone.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

LOL Fireman Ed "resigning" from a job he doesn't even have reminds me of Cosmo Kramer getting fired from his "job" at Brandt-Leleand that he didnt even work at!!!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=bU6m5UqLx9M

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

Yeah, it's great to be passionate about your team, but it's still only a game. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

The guy is a freakin Kardashian

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

One less self absorbed moron - now if only the league would get rid of Ed "all about me" Hoculi.....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Wow this fireman Ed is quite a moron! Wow, just wow. He can't really think people give a crap why he left a game, can he? What a tool bag!