first 4 picks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolsun20. Show coolsun20's posts

first 4 picks

what do u guys think of pickin up two wide receivers namely Dez Bryant and Demeryious Thomas,a defensive lineman and an outside linebacker using the first 4 picks. We could trade our third round pick 2011 and a 4th/5th rounder this year to get 2010 3rd rounder and get a pass catching tight end like the guy from USC....since it is a deep draft at tight end...can u imagine how potent our offense would be....

Tom Brady
    Randy Moss
    Wes Welker/Julian Edelman
    Dez Bryant
    Demaryius Thoman
    Brandon Tate
    Alge Crumpler
    TE from USC....

i dont think anyone would be able to stop this juggernaut....and boy our red zone efficiency is gonna shoot up with 3 6'4 wide receivers...who will they double team?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Re: first 4 picks

I very much doubt that both Bryant and Thomas will be there at our picks.  Maybe Thomas at 22, but he wont last till 44 if we take Dez first.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

There's no way I would pick two risky players like Thomas and Bryant with the first 4 picks. The detroit lions drafted receivers high, and look where it got them. I don't think it's a good idea. I wouldn't mind seeing Thomas a little after 22, however. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolltide1963. Show rolltide1963's posts

In Response to first 4 picks:
    what do u guys think of pickin up two wide receivers namely Dez Bryant and Demeryious Thomas,a defensive lineman and an outside linebacker using the first 4 picks. We could trade our third round pick 2011 and a 4th/5th rounder this year to get 2010 3rd rounder and get a pass catching tight end like the guy from USC....since it is a deep draft at tight end...can u imagine how potent our offense would be.... Tom Brady Randy Moss Wes Welker/Julian Edelman Dez Bryant Demaryius Thoman Brandon Tate Alge Crumpler TE from USC.... i dont think anyone would be able to stop this juggernaut....and boy our red zone efficiency is gonna shoot up with 3 6'4 wide receivers...who will they double team?
    Posted by coolsun20

Horrendous.  that will set the Patriots a few years

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjxg. Show mjxg's posts

In Response to Re: first 4 picks:
    There's no way I would pick two risky players like Thomas and Bryant with the first 4 picks. The detroit lions drafted receivers high, and look where it got them. I don't think it's a good idea. I wouldn't mind seeing Thomas a little after 22, however. 
    Posted by Rockdog1293000

didn't it get them Megatron? Good call Lions.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Yea they got 'Tron , LOL after the wasted top ten picks on Mike Williams and Charles Rogers , neither are in the league. And 'Tron has only had one good year. Drafting receivers early is extremely risky and Bryant/Thomas are no different. Bryant has yet to prove he can run/play inside the hash marks and Thomas has only ran two routes his entire college career , the deep post and deep crossing patterns , thats it. I wouldnt take either in the first round. Guys like Decker , both Williams are much more pro ready. This receiving class is very thin. I wait until the second round. Im all for us trading up and grabing a stud blue chipper like Haden , Earl Thomas , Berry or McClain. Jacksonvile wants out of the ten spot and teams like Seattle/SF might be willing to part w/ their second first rounder.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sveltics. Show Sveltics's posts

Horrible idea. Bryant cant even remember to bring his cleats to the most important day of his draft life. Cmon...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

No thanks. Draft D early and some O late.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

Brandon G
    T Hughes
    Best available DE
    Best availble OT

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

I seriously doubt that - why would we spend 2 of the first 4 on Offense when we have bigger needs on D ?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Supernova13. Show Supernova13's posts

#22- Brandon Graham DE/OLB- Michgan
    #44- Damian Williams WR- USC
    #47- Tyson Alualu DE- Cal
    #53- Rob Gronkowski TE- Arizona  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from longhairjoe. Show longhairjoe's posts

I like the picks of Dez Bryant and Demaryius Thomas, it's pure fantasy, Tom Brady would absolutely love it. I think Dez Bryant can be had if Belichick can make it happen, to which I think he can, but does he want to? But if draft Dez Bryant, there's no way you take Demaryius Thomas in the 2nd round with too many needs at DE, OLB, TE, OL, the pass rush has to happen! I think the 2nd round dictates linebacker needs and maybe a DE if one fits the bill. and there's the Tebow, could happen in the 2nd round too.

what do u guys think of pickin up two wide receives namely Dez Bryant and Demeryious Thomas,a defensive lineman and an outside linebacker using the first 4 picks. We could trade our third round pick 2011 and a 4th/5th rounder this year to get 2010 3rd rounder and get a pass catching tight end like the guy from USC....since it is a deep draft at tight end...can u imagine how potent our offense would be.... Tom Brady Randy Moss Wes Welker/Julian Edelman Dez Bryant Demaryius Thoman Brandon Tate Alge Crumpler TE from USC.... i dont think anyone would be able to stop this juggernaut....and boy our red zone efficiency is gonna shoot up with 3 6'4 wide receivers...who will they double team?
    Posted by coolsun20

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Ok I guess I'll re-iterate for those who haven't read any of my other posts.BB is more than likely going to trade out of the #22 with that said which way do you think is more likely him trading down or up in this draft? Thats right class it's more likely that he'll trade out of the first round in his quest for additional choices like a third rounder this year and a 5th round pick this year so that he can balance this draft. So though he won't be drafting at #22 he could be drafting in the low to mid 30's as well as acquiring picks lower in the 3rd and fifth rounds this year. They will draft 2 WR's in this years draft only because they have to and they will attempt to draft a quality TE,but their most pressing need will be in the DE/OLB position.They have 7 holes to fill I'm waiting with baited breath to see what avenue BB takes.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccusson1122. Show ccusson1122's posts

Demaryius thomas 22
    sergio kindle- 44
    trade 47 to dolphins for ronnie brown
    everson griffin- 53

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Brandon Graham
    Alex Carrington
    Jared Veldheer
    Ben Tate

If Brandon is off the board, I'll trade the pick to KC for their 37 and 50.

Alex Carrington
    Jerry Hughes
    Jared Veldheer
    Ben Tate
    Sean Lee

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

Sergio Kindle LB/DE Toby Gerhart RB Vladimir Ducasse OT  Eric Decker WR  just these 4 picks would be a very successful draft for them  but then again they way they use their picks, i wouldn't be surprised if they trade their 1st round pick for a couple 2nd round picks and clear house in the second round
    Posted by PedroiaThaDestroyah

Kindle is not Orakpu.....I'm afraid of this guy being a Vernon Gohlston.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

needs are DE, TE, O-line, LB, then WR

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Guys, Although I wont mind a TE in the 1st 4 picks, the depth at TE this year is pretty amazing.  That is why I would agree that no TE in the 1st 4 picks is likely.  Certain spots are not deep for example center, after Pouncey, there is NO ONE worth drafting if u want to survive against a NT in this league.  QB goes about 4 deep then a big drop off, so on and so forth. TE lasts till the 6th rd this year with players that in a diff year would be 3rd rounders.  Only so many can be drafted or needed. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

#22 Everson Griffen OLB (don't think Graham gets to 22)
    #44 Tyson Alualu DE
    #47 Ben Tate RB
    #53 Jared Veldheer OT
    #119 Daniel Te'o-Nesheim OLB

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

what do u guys think of pickin up two wide receivers namely Dez Bryant and Demeryious Thomas,a defensive lineman and an outside linebacker using the first 4 picks. We could trade our third round pick 2011 and a 4th/5th rounder this year to get 2010 3rd rounder and get a pass catching tight end like the guy from USC....since it is a deep draft at tight end...can u imagine how potent our offense would be.... Tom Brady Randy Moss Wes Welker/Julian Edelman Dez Bryant Demaryius Thoman Brandon Tate Alge Crumpler TE from USC.... i dont think anyone would be able to stop this juggernaut....and boy our red zone efficiency is gonna shoot up with 3 6'4 wide receivers...who will they double team?
    Posted by coolsun20

Dez is a head case, I wouldn't take him in the seventh round. Guaranteed trouble maker and disruptive presence both in the clubhouse and off the field. 

Also, our biggest needs are on defense. I say spend one of our #2s on a quality WR, arrelious benn, brandon lefell or golden tate if available. The rest go to offense. (unless maurkice is available at #22, can not pass on this guy, who would solidify our Oline for the next 10 years).

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

#22 Everson Griffen OLB (don't think Graham gets to 22) #44 Tyson Alualu DE #47 Ben Tate RB #53 Jared Veldheer OT #119 Daniel Te'o-Nesheim OLB
    Posted by Pats7393

I don't agree with the OP, but I think the need is greater at WR than RB. Do you think we are set at WR with Moss, Tate and Edelman? Or do you like a WR in the later rounds?

P.S. Don't get me wrong, I like your picks.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: first 4 picks : No TE? I can not see the first 4 picks without a TE. We have one old TE - need a young stud badly. Graham, Carrington and Veldheer are OK, but BB does not draft that many OL high in the draft. I think it would be a TE before an OL especially considering we do not have a 3rd round pick.
    Posted by One-If-By-Sea

Maybe that's why we have chumps on the OL(Kaczur). No way Belichick drafts a TE high. He doesn't use his TEs for anything other than pass protection, why bother drafting a blocking TE that high in the draft?

And I didn't draft a WR in the top 4 picks because I would go with Scott Long in the 6th round. The guy is really quick and if he can work out chemistry with Brady, like what Peyton and Brett did with Percy and Collie, Long can produce as well as Dez Bryant or Golden Tate will.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

The Dez Bryant fans on this board kill me.  He has said some of the most detrimental things that a WR shouldn't say.  He does not have break away speed.  Only teams like Cincinatti or Oakland would buy in to the hype this guy has.  The one thing that will be foretelling is if this guy is there at 22 he's damaged and should fall some even after the 22 pick.

Thomas on the other hand is one that I'm more intrigued with.  He does have break away speed, big time.  What hurts him is the offense he worked with in college and the current injury that is keeping him from doing a pro day workout.  We just don't know how good of a route runner he is which is important in today's NFL.

To save us from ourselves I don't think either player will be there for the Pats to be even tempted.  Dez will probably go before 22 and it would be a little too high to select Thomas who will be gone before pick 45.