First 5 draft picks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RealtyPats. Show RealtyPats's posts

Re: First 5 draft picks

22 Pouncey...  Volmeer Mankins Pouncey Neal Light  Keep TB healthy

44 Dunlap  Has the tools and size BB likes, Dunlap TBC, can live with that

47 Gerhart,  A white RB yes, tough decisive

53 G Tate  Versitale, sure hands, tough, smart

Draft DT, CB and TEs in later rounds.

I know everyone is going D but we ran the tables in 07 with a potent offense.  If you can score early and often limits  what the opposing offense can do helps the D.  Yes we didn't win the SB in 07 but we should have. 

If we have a legit run game and a strong OL with 4 WRs Tate, Tate and Moss, Eldleman we can run some many diff plays schemes, we could score 30pts on the JETS, let's see them score 31...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

In Response to Re: First 5 draft picks:
    #22 Everson Griffen OLB 6'4" 272 high motor guy who brings a pass rush and holds up against the run.  Can't pass him up at 22, been looking at Dunlap's projection and most sites have him sliding into the second.  #44 Carlos Dunlap OLB/DE 6'6" 277 rare speed size and strength he has all the tools physically to be a really good OLB does he mentally? #47 Toby Gerhart RB 6'0" 230 any player TB54 is on board with and wishes the Pats would get I will agree specially when it is a Gerhart #53 Al Woods DE/DT 6'4" 309 BB tries to replace RS with Woods, powerful DT who can play DE.  Will help the front 7 stop the run and improve a pass rush by collapsing the pocket. #119 Andre Roberts WR 5'11" 195 one of the top route runners in the draft if not the best one, can play in the slot or lineup outside.  Has the speed to run a go or agility for YAC across the middle.  I think he'll be long gone by the 4th, hope the Pats trade into the early part of the 3rd and pick him then
    Posted by Pats7393

Agree with your picks except for Gerhart at #47.I would go CB,Patrick Robinson,
    Perrish Cox or Amari Spievey all should be available. Maybe pick LeGarrette Blount, RB IN THE 4th.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymc727. Show mattymc727's posts

In Response to Re: First 5 draft picks : daymn, #119 for a former heisman winner. LOL, he'll be gone by the first round
    Posted by kansaspatriot

You're probably right, but personally I believe it would be a waste to draft this guy before the 3rd round. Yet, if he fell to 119, it would be a steal.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbalance617. Show jbalance617's posts

lol and what exactly does he trade that allows us to move from 22 to 10 while keeping picks 44,47 and 53?
    Posted by ricky12684

Was just dreaming as a fan dude.
    Thats a question you would ask someone that works for
    the nfl.. I dont work for the nfl. Calm down
    officer ricky.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dantehopkins. Show dantehopkins's posts

1st Round (22nd Overall) - Ryan Mathews
    2nd Round (44th Overall - JAX) - Sergio Kindle
    2nd Round (47th Overall - TEN) - Desmarious Thomas
    2nd Round (53rd Overall) - Volmeer
    4th Round (119th Overall) - Trade both 4&6 to the Skins for Haynesworth
    6th Round

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

22nd DE Everson Griffin

44th OLB Hughes, Kindle or Sapp

47th WR Benn or Damian Williams

53rd OT Veldeer, Brown or Ducasse

119 TE Pitta

They can go for a bigger RB like Blount or Dixon later on

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbalance617. Show jbalance617's posts

In Response to Re: First 5 draft picks : I love jbalance. Not sure how this is possible, but it is fun to say it.
    Posted by One-If-By-Sea

Thank you... Some posters need to lighten up on this
    board an have a lil fun... We probably wont trade up that high but if we
    did we could trade this years #22 and next years #32.
    Yea I said it #32. We will win it all....  

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbalance617. Show jbalance617's posts

In Response to Re: First 5 draft picks : awww come on don't be so sensitive. i'm sorry or questioning your flawed thinking. I asked you a serious question and you obviously felt dumb about not thinking before posting your idea. i'm sorry little guy.
    Posted by ricky12684

Like I said officer Rick was jus having a lil fun.. Let's
    not be internet thugs here.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

22        DL Jared Odrick- (6-5 300) Penn State-  Possesses ideal size and length for a BB 3-4 DE and has the versatility and skill set to be effective in both a 34 and 43 scheme.  He should be the starter opposite Warren from day 1. (Alternatives: Golden Tate,  Kyle Wilson, Devin McCourty, Kareem Jackson and Maurkice Pouncey). 

44        TE Aaron Hernandez- (6-2 245) Florida-  Fast, quick, athletic, productive and versatile offensive weapon that BB can move all over the field.

47        WR Eric Decker- (6-3 217) Minnesota-  Big, tough, smart WR prospect that has been extremely productive In the Big Ten, projects as atleast a #2 outside WR.  He has #1 potential and could be the eventual successor to Randy.

53        OLB Daniel Te'o-Nesheim- (6-3 263) Washington-  The shocker pick.  My favorite sleeper pick in this draft.  Great size for a hybrid 3-4 OLB, may also be able to play some 4-3 DE, great motor, high character, good production in college getting after the QB and making plays behind the LOS (30 sacks, 47 TFL).  Could he be the next great NE 3-4 OLB?

119      S Myron Rolle- (6-2 217) FSU-  Extremely intelligent player, which will appeal to BB, also has great size, quickness, athleticism and upside.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dantehopkins. Show dantehopkins's posts

Why is everyone so high on Jared Odrick???

I think this kid has a great background and first round attitude but he's never been a disruptive force.  Take a look at his highlight films... Nothing impressive.  He can hold a line and yes exceptional size but his production is average.  

If we're looking for a pass rusher this kid isn't it....

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

22- Carlos Dunlap
    44 -Rob Gronkowski
    47 - Vladimir Ducasse
    53 - Eric Decker
    119- Aaron Hernadez

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

here are the first 5 of my last mock

#22 Kyle Wilson CB 5'10" 194 after months of changing this pick I come back to Wilson, there's a chance he or McCourty fall to 22.  In 2009 played in a nickel or dime formations 50% of the time.  You need play makers at CB in this NFL, Wilson can be a #1.  He and Butler are considered as solid cover CB, with Wilson also a good run support guy.  Been a fan for a while now, won't call it yet but Wilson Island? lol
    #44 Koa Misi OLB 6'3" 251 Has done very well this offseason in LB drills, I like his motor and another player who will help this year.  He will be a great addition to a LB group.
    #47 Alex Carrington DE 6'5" 285 Solid player both against the run and providing a pass rush from the RDE side.
    #53 Daniel Te'O-Nesheim OLB 6'4" 263 I think we've said enough about him for most to be sold on him at this pick.  I think he will be a special one, saw an article where he says he has a reputation to uphold because he's fro HI, he said people tend to put those players in the tough and hard working category.  He's willing to uphold that perception by hard work.
    #119 Andre Roberts WR 5'11" 195 great hands, good lateral speed and good route runner.  Will be a good weapon for TB, can line up in the slot or outside.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Pat Kirwan, an NFL.com senior analyst who spent a season as a Bill Belichick co-worker in 1997 with the Jets when Belichick was assistant head coach/secondary and Kirwan was director of player administration, has posted his final mock draft for 2010 , a three-round try that has some interesting selections for New England. Kirwan splits the Pats' four picks over the first two rounds (they don't currently own a third-round slot) evenly between offense and defense. His selections, with the reasoning he offers for each: 22. Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma State Bill Belichick always has to have the kind of receivers Tom Brady need to pick apart opponents. Randy Moss thinks this is his last year in New England and Wes Welker is coming off a season-ending injury. Bryant has excellent receiving skills, is not afraid to go over the middle and couold be a 50-reception guy as a rookie. 44. Jerry Hughes, LB, TCU This is the first of three picks in the second round for the Patriots, who need pass rush help. Hughes is the "joker" type Belichick loves, having played defensive end at TCU but also possessing the skill set to play linebacker. 47. Tim Tebow, QB, Florida Tebow to the Patriots? Why not? Tebow can sit behind [Tom] Brady and learn like Matt Cassel did before he stepped on the field and won 10 games as New England's starter. Belichick will find creative things for him to do as the process moves along. 53. Austen Lane, DE, Murray State Never heard of Lane? He came to the Senior Bowl and quickly demonstrated his pass-rush skills. At 6-foot-5 and 276 pounds with long arms, Lane has the traits of a 3-4 defensive end and he played outside linebacker in college as well. When I interviewed Lane, I felt like I was talking with [the Vikings'] Jared Allen. In his previous mock , posted three weeks ago, Kirwan had Jared Odrick of Penn State going to the Patriots at number 22.
    Posted by ricky12684

I like Lane but like Daniel Te'O even more, Lane probably will be available in the 3rd.  There are 4 guys I would like to see drafted two are OLB, in order:
    Daniel Te'O OLB2nd (53rd)
    Scott Sicko TE UNH 6th rnd
    Nolan Carroll CB for those who do not know the name, look it up he played at Maryland.  Could be a steal in the 5th or 6th.  If they don't take a CB early Carroll is the pick.
    Austen Lane OLB (need to trade into the 3rd), I brought him up prior to the combine.  He helped himself by improving his 40 time still not the best but IMO good enough to play OLB, willie type body.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Coolguy55220. Show Coolguy55220's posts

Trying to determine who we will draft is fun but ultimately not really useful. We need the following positions in this order (IMHO): OLB TE DE WR RB QB The order of who we draft will depend on our needs but also who is available at that place in the draft. By the way draft pick next year are much more valuable that ones this year due to the changes in rookie salaries so I do not see us giving away any 1st rounders for next year.
    Posted by mlgvt

I think you forgot the 2nd most important need if not the most important. Sure we need pass rush, but we also NEED pass protection + better run blocking. One of the top 4 picks must be an offensive lineman in my opinion. I'd rather take an OL over WR/RB if there was a choice.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nellie2355. Show nellie2355's posts

#22 dez bryant WR

#44  jerry hughes OLB/ SAPP

#47 velhelmer OT

#53 austin lane DE/OLB

AND IN THE FOURTH PICK THE BEST AVAILABLE TE

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from reamer. Show reamer's posts

I'd like to trade back a little bit to pick up a 3rd rounder--ideally, we move from 22 into the high 30s or low 40s, acquire a 3rd, and pick up a 2nd or 1st next year (depending on how senile the GM is--oh, wait, we already fleeced Al!). That said, these five are absolutely must have for me:

Demaryius Thomas
    Montario Hardesty
    Tyson Alualu
    Daniel Te'o-Nesheim
    Akwasi Owusu-Ansah

Perfect draft, in my opinion, with lots more ammo on Saturday for guys like Deji Karim, Scott Long, John Conner, Scott Sicko, Jeromy Miles, Quentin Scott, Mike Brandtner, Dan Ryan, Phil Costa, etc. :)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sveltics. Show Sveltics's posts

No matter how BB goes, I think Tom gets to play in SB#5 next year, with #6 close behind. I say this with all seriousness, IMHO, BB and the post-Pioli front office pull off a remarkable draft, one that could go in many directions, but ultimately bring the Patriots 3 players of the future. Add to that next year's top 10 pick (probably another defensive stud or a trade down if no rookie cap) and we may see Tom go out similarly to John Elway...back to back.

That being said, I just think that Dez Bryant is going to be the next Randy Moss...complete with maturity problems. He wont be around at #22 so forget about it...he goes to Denver. But if he is there......???

BTW...NFL network just showed the 3 Superbowl Championships....look for them and check out some of the journeymen who made the team of the decade possible, especially vs the Rams....It still makes me happy beyond belief!!

Gotta go OLB, DE, RB, OL with first four picks. Defense, defense, defense...

In Bill We Must Trust

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

Here is my pie in the sky crack at what BB should do IMHO, based on the kind of trades I think and hope he makes:

1: trade up second round pick plus player(light) for Pouncy C in 15-20th pick range.
    2: Draft Odrick DT at #22
    3:Trade up in second to early round using picks and player(Adalius thomas?)to take Jerry Huges, OLB
    4: Draft Aaron Hernandez TE in mid to late second round
    5: Trade up from 4th into late second with picks and player(Koppen) to draft OT Vehelmer.
    6: using 6th and 7th round comp picks draft CB, WR, RB, and P.

Players and picks traded away to move up:
    Light
    Koppen
    Thomas
    4th rnd 2010
    6th rnd 2010
    (2) 7th rnd 2010
    (2) 2nd rnd 2010

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Adam,
    Most of those trades are completely one sided in favor of us and will never happen.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

How can you say that?  I do not even say what picks we are moving to.  Our players Light and Koppen are starting OL players.  They do have value...3rd and 4th round value at least.  These may not be the exact players or traqde that happen...I know they won't be, but this is the type of drafting I think and hope we do.  See a need, see a player who fills it, and go get it.  Be aggressive to fill the needs, not just draft the best available player.  We do not need 12 newly drafter players this year, half wouldn't even make the team.  Use the picks to get the players you want and need.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

adam,
    1. not even our highest 2nd rd pick would get us to the 15-20 range. with Light added in that trade.  Light might be worth a 4th or 5th.  He is on the downside of his career.  Although I do love your choice in Pouncey.
    2. Odrick at 22 is possible.
    3. Hughes, again like the choice, but he has been gaining momentum lately and might make it into the late 1st rd. Dont think Thomas and a 2nd will get us near that. Thomas has almost zero value right now.
    4.Hernandez, he can be had here, but I forget who pointed out a bunch of his flaws in regards to what we (the pats) look for and deemed him an ill fit.
    5.Koppen, our 4th might allow us to get Veldheer, also a great choice on players.  But I fear we will need to use pick 53 on him, I see an OT run again in this draft.

25. This post has been removed.