FIRST ANNUAL POSTING AWARDS, and My Thanks For Another Fun Year on the Forum

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

FIRST ANNUAL POSTING AWARDS, and My Thanks For Another Fun Year on the Forum

After seeing the "Hillary Clinton is a Patriot" thread, it seems like a good time to take a break from the forum. But, before I split, I just wanted to send along my thanks to all my posting pals for another fun season of, for the most part, first rate football discussions, Lincoln/Douglas style debates, good ol' American trash-talking, jokes, and laughs.

Here are my first annual posting awards:

1.) Most Informative: zbellino. Though many posters here have provided some great thoughts and information, z always seems to have some good insight on the draft, the workings of the salary cap, and on the mechanics of the game;

2.) Wisest: CubanPete. The wily ol' sage from Havana rarely speaks. But, when he does, his wise words usually are spot on;

3.) Most Chaming: NEGame. Gamer can brighten up this, or any forum, even on the dingiest of days. Happy Valentines Day, Gamer! Lucky indeed is the man from whom you accept roses;

4.) Top Troll Fighter: EnochRoot: Enoch had several lively battles with the Indy trolls throughout the season. Way to stick it to 'em, Root!

5.) Most Creative: Paul K, for his picking the winners "system", and his theories of how the 4th quarter is over-valued. Though some may not agree with his ideas, I welcome such innovative, outside the box thinking;

6.) Most Fortunate: BubbaInHawaii: This guy is sipping sea-breezes and tequila sunrises on the sands of Wai-Ki-Ki, while most of us are busy shoveling snow!

7.) Lady Byng Trophy For Gentlemanly Conduct: Graytx...always a gentleman in his posts. A credit to the great state of Texas;

8.) Most Original Thread: ccsjl...for his thread, "Just curious-wheres' everybody from??" Interesting reading, which provides some background in the lives of some of the regulars who post here;

9.) Second-best handle-photo award: justme...for his flame, with Patriots' logo. The best photo was, of course, NEGame's lovely photo. Honorable mention goes to that wily ol' sage from Havana, CubanPete, for his "Master of the Rumba Beat" photo;

10.) Most Controversial: Underdoggg. Though he tried to pass himself off as an objective guy, who was only interested in good football discussions, we all now know differently. Still, for the majority of the season, the Dogg(g) was the "straw that stirred the drink" on this forum. As trolls go, he's not a bad guy. I was prepared to give him high marks, until he cowardly decided to change his moniker from Underdogg(g) to "MyNameIsAugustWest"...subsequent to several days of intense, post SB fire. Still, lets' cut the Dogg(g), a/k/a August, some slack. We all remember how hard it was to recover from the funk we were in, in the aftermath of the Patriots' loss to the Giants.                

Thanks again for another fun year. Be back to shoot the breeze with you again in about 4-6 weeks. Happy trails to you, until we meet again...and always!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Re: FIRST ANNUAL POSTING AWARDS, and My Thanks For Another Fun Year on the Forum

Best to you Tex - be well....You are another of the many in here I would gladly watch a Pats game with over a few brews......Which would be something for all to think about. Possibly next season all meet at a sports bar for a game...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Re: FIRST ANNUAL POSTING AWARDS, and My Thanks For Another Fun Year on the Forum

What a dumb thread....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Snubbed again

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: FIRST ANNUAL POSTING AWARDS, and My Thanks For Another Fun Year on the Forum:
    Snubbed again
    Posted by shenanigan

Don't worry....he knows nohthing anyway

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

congratulations to all the winners here's your trophy.

Fantasy Football Toilet Trophy

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Great, another list........at least Elway isn't on top.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

gee thanks TP (blushing,blushing)  Oh ok I really do like your report card.

You get my award for (1) sticking with this message board when so many have left (2) keeping us well informed of what's happening with the league and around the NFL and including links for us to read (3) providing us with well thought out AND informative posts.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

BOOOOOOOO! I deserve, atleast, the greatest Patriot fan ever!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Or, atleast, the most attractive Pats fan. 

No one can say I don't have NEGame beat in that category, right?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Lets start a 100 threads questioning the validity of this list, the winners, those left off and TexasPat  himself whose must have received bribes from the winners. I believe to much noise was pumped in during the voting and someone filmed the entire thing from the wrong location. TexasPat is the entire rules committee unto himself and should be investigated. Several losers blamed other posters for their loss and someone was even thrown under a bus. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Harley - Your saying hes the Bill Polian of award ceremonies???

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Only in jest ccsjl 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Great job TP!  haha - too funny.  It was great reading everyones articles throughout the season and chiming in on them too!  Hopefully I can bring DA NOISE better than I have in the past and maybe I can take one of your awards.  I don't know though, NEGAMEs photo really has you guys weak in the knees....and heck, can't blame ya!  

Can't wait for the FA period and then the DRAFT!  the Great part about football now, it's 24X7 - 365~!  Good stuff!  I'm expecting the PATS making the MOVES this year and being aggressive! 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Awww shucks, thanks Tex.  You know I despise your overly critical, unrealistic, perfection-demanding report cards, but what would we do without them?  Have a good draft, off-season!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

You missed a few:

The Consummate Troll Award, naturally, goes to old friend Leon, who set what we can only assume is an unbreakable record for being repeatedly bounced from the site.

The Consummate Response to Leon  Award goes to MacaroniFan, who said, simply, “I find you puzzling.” (Honorable mention goes to carawaydj, who really told us more than we wanted to know when he said, "I have dingleberries on my @ss smarter than you, Leon."

The Explaining It So Everyone Can Understand Award goes to zbellino, who described a Bills overtime victory over Green New Jersey in week 6 (when it looked for all the world as if the game might end in a tie) thusly: “The Bills didn’t want it less than the Jets didn’t want it."

The Heckyl and Jeckyl Mockingbird Award goes to EnochRoot, with his “Should The Pats Bring in George Kokinis?” thread. Following quickly on the heels of talk of bringing in such washed up bench fodder as Chris Chambers and Edgerrin James, Enoch brought down the house (well, made me laugh, anyway) with his speculation that the Pats’ front office was incomplete without this guy, whom few of us could even identify.

The  Brevity is the Soul of Wit Award goes to KellieMB, who pointed out that “The Jets suuuck.  That’s all.” You just can’t be more concise than that.

The Guy Most Likely to See Your Point of View Unless You are Defending Rush Limbaugh Award goes to MVPkilla, who got married this season and was a little off his game in the early going, but has been weighing in with some strong nutsack blasts just lately.

The Guy Certain to Ignore Your Point of View Award was probably the toughest call on the slate, but patsfansince1966 wrapped it up late with his creative interpretation of the number 10 ( Prairiemike is on the voting committee and was not eligible).

The Guy Who Responds to What He Thinks Instead of What You Say Award goes to underdogg(g) in a landslide. If it appears that this category was created specifically for underdogg, congratulations, you receive honorable mention in the Perception of the Obvious subcategory.

And lastly, the Eric Cartman Award (yes, there is an Eric Cartman Award) goes to themightypatriots. I had to reach all the way back to the off-season for this gem, but themightypatriots inviting the Supreme Court (those nine  *****) to s*ck his balls was pure Cartman.

Outstanding work, ladies and gentlemen.

Simply outstanding.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

TP....  year long, great job with the grades and your insight to this Patriots season.  As with any "list", you can't include everybody as a winner and we can all agree to disagree!  I think I'm a winner anyway, supporting the best NFL franchise in the land. 

Until next time, as harley says....  bring on the... draft, two at a time, and keep 'em coming! 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from alcondragon. Show alcondragon's posts

Here we go again, this is fixed, rigged, its total bullshiet!. I was never informed of this, I never got a chance to vote, I never even got a memo!
    Dont make me go to the Jets

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

alcon...   it was all done on film from an illegal location... TP cheated!!!  LOL

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Wendylee has got to get some sort of award after insisting that Tiger Woods was a victim and still insisting that the Patriots should trade Tom Brady.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from alcondragon. Show alcondragon's posts

Wait, Im wendylee

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wendylee03. Show Wendylee03's posts

Hes not me,  Im me. Thank you for that honorable mention, seeing that Alcondragon is my husband and gets mad at me if I post on the board. But seriously, Tiger was a victim and still is. That poor man has no holes to rest his balls in.
    And as for Tom Brady, I still think he should have been put in a package deal with my husband, oh I know your going to laugh at me and tell me Im crazy, I hear it everyday but just think of the possibilities.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wendylee03. Show Wendylee03's posts

In Response to Re: FIRST ANNUAL POSTING AWARDS, and My Thanks For Another Fun Year on the Forum:
    Wait, Im wendylee
    Posted by alcondragon

Keep it up and you will be cooking all the meals!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

I hear Polian is having your rewards removed and you will be fined.  Next season all awards must include atleast 1 Colts fan or you will cause the Pats to have a Pass Interference call, called against them in the ensuing game. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

How bout a quickest to vanish award which would go to the Dolt Fan Jules? Or was she trampled to death in a mad rush by the mob of the other ten people who showed up to greet the Colts on their return home?