First half: 6 - 2, how do you feel about the second half of the season?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

First half: 6 - 2, how do you feel about the second half of the season?

How many of you feel the first half went better than expected?  6 - 2 is nothing to sneeze at given how we have seen many surprises.  Titans 1-7, Broncos starting 6 - 0, Colts and Saints 8 - 0, Giants 5 - 4.  If anything, surprising enough, we can probably lay blame for the two losses on the offense.  Ask anyone if the Pats would have won games in which the defense only gave up 17 and 16 points to the Broncos and Jets in regulation, most would say, yes.  Red zone issues and inconsistency.  The defense is a most pleasant surprise, playing better than envisioned as the season began.  Serious injuries are way down compared to most seasons.  The next three games may be the biggest barometer as to how we think this team will fare in the playoffs.  IMHO, the Pats have to win at Indy and NO because they need to show they are the real good team we think they are by winning tough games on the road.  Would we consider a split a success?  Of the two, a win in Indy is most important for that hallowed playoff implication as to who plays where if they meet.  Would 6 - 2 in this second half be good, too, as we all seem to agree the Pats are improving?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Re: First half: 6 - 2, how do you feel about the second half of the season?

If they go 7-1, then they will have met my prediction. I just hope that is good enough for a bye and some home cookin'.

I feel pretty good.

Main concern:

The peripheral talent around Brady. BJGE dropping TD's and screens like hot coals, and no third wideout yet.

Most pleasant surprise player:

Tie between Vollmer and Pryor.