First Half Finesse - Second Half Aggressive, Will The Real Patriots Stand Up?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

First Half Finesse - Second Half Aggressive, Will The Real Patriots Stand Up?

Is it a just a strange coincidence that the 2 wins occurred when they run effectively?

I know it's not as simple as that.  This was a strange game in the sense we really did see a Dr. Jekyl - Mr. Hyde kinda thing going on.

I'm not going to say this game solved all of the Patriots "problems", but I'm hoping there was enough shown in the second half of where the Patriots ought to be.

Brady will still need to get rid of the ball quickly to mask our OL weaknesses, our defensive front 7 still needs to put pressure on opposing QBs. 

McD still needs to be an unpredictable play caller

Pees needs to continue to get aggressive on D.

First half - booo

Second half - yaaay

that's my grades for this game....lol

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

Re: First Half Finesse - Second Half Aggressive, Will The Real Patriots Stand Up?

The Patriots are SEriously sloppy at times this year. Dropped passes, fumbles, missed tackles???? Go Figure. My feeling is that by midseason we should be able to shake the cob webbs out. I don't have a problem with McDaniels because we are at least a little more balanced than we have been the last few years but I hope we clean our act up a little

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: First Half Finesse - Second Half Aggressive, Will The Real Patriots Stand Up?

The problem in the 1st half was drops and fumbles by the receivers. And Gost.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

The offense needs to gel, the OLine needs to play as one, they made great strides today.  People here get impatient, say things like "our players sux" when the reality is football is a team sport.  Eleven people have to do their job to make one play a success, it doesn't always happen.  But hopefully it will continue to happen with more frequency...

And as far as the running game goes, it really is that simple.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

the sloppiness from the first help sure didn't help, both of you are right about that.

Although, it wasn't until the second half that it seemed "to click" with McD.....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The offense needs to gel, the OLine needs to play as one, they made great strides today.  People here get impatient, say things like "our players sux" when the reality is football is a team sport.  Eleven people have to do their job to make one play a success, it doesn't always happen.  But hopefully it will continue to happen with more frequency...

[/QUOTE]

I agree with you, Wozzy. The OL does need time to gel.  Was it my imagination - or was our OL and TEs more aggressive with their blocking today?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to BubbaInHawaii's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree with you, Wozzy. The OL does need time to gel.  Was it my imagination - or was our OL and TEs more aggressive with their blocking today?

[/QUOTE]

Fells certainly was impressive, the heavy use of them in I Formation and blocking by our tightends overall was impressive.  More importantly we never gave up on the run, the biggest difference from year's past.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

the blocking up front sure did wonders for the running portion of the game, and set up the pass plays and play action very nicely.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

The bigger the run threat becomes the more we can use the play action, the only thing this offense doesn't have is consistant rhythm. Every game they play they get more consistant.  Smashmouth football has returned to New England.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]

The bigger the run threat becomes the more we can use the play action, the only thing this offense doesn't have is consistant rhythm. Every game they play they get more consistant.  Smashmouth football has returned to New England.

[/QUOTE]

even though bolden had a big game, I'm still hoping they move away from RB by committee and use Ridley more often (and using Bolden to spell him), Plus, they should try getting vereen outside instead of up the middle.