First LARRY FITZGERALD thread of the offseason! lol

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

Re: First LARRY FITZGERALD thread of the offseason! lol

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

roddy white for a 2nd. same talent level imo age is killing Fitz

[/QUOTE]

If by age you mean god awful QBs....then I agree. The best QB the guys has had since Warner retired was Carson Palmer, who threw an awe-inspiring 24 TDs against 22 INTs. 

That said, I think White could also be effective, and would likely come cheaper in terms of trading for him. Maybe a 2nd this year and a conditional pick next year based on how he performs? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

[QUOTE]

You know...if the Pats take what money they have available and fix the O and D lines this team will take a quantum leap....it really would.

I agree.  I hope most of their resources are devoted to the interiors of both lines.

[/QUOTE]

1. Do you think Vince comes back say midseason and can be a good spot player?

2. Do you think Kelly plays and plays well again?

3. What is your opinion on Siliga, Jones and Vellano?

4. Do you think Armstead, with his red s hirt sort of year, will figure in next year?

I agree they could also look at the interior of the lines on draft day, but I am curious what your take is on the current roster personnel there.

[/QUOTE]

Russ, as follows;

1. I think the sun is setting on Vince. You saw the slippage prior to his injury.

2. Kelly ain't no kid either. Fighting in the trenches is a young man's game.

3.Armstead has never played in the NFL and he is trying to recover from a heart attack. Whatever you get from him consider it gravy but you are foolish counting on him.

4. Silga was a find but perhaps not A level. Vellano and Jones are servicable back ups.

5. Wendell was a undersized at center and led to a pourous middle.

6. I'm still waiting for Solder to be consistent...and stronger.

7. Mankins has slipped as well.

8. Vollmer will be back and solid.

I'm old school, I come from an era when the O line and D line set the mark for the rest of your team.

I think our current crop of WR is better with Brady getting more time.

I think Ryan, Dennard, Harmon are good kids who play better if Chandler Jones finally gets some help up front.

And Brady is better if he ain't worried about getting smashed around.

The lines come first.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

roddy white for a 2nd. same talent level imo age is killing Fitz

Roddy is older than Fitz even though Fitz has been in the league longer.  Fitz at his best is a much better player than Roddy (who is no slouch).  Fitz's contract makes him undesirable whereas Roddy has a reasonable cap number next year.  That is the real difference imo.

[/QUOTE]

Fitz isnt at his best though. he is ceertianly a better red zone threat than Roddy. but this this he had a bad hammy all year and couldnt get separation...

fitz is obviously better, but i would take roddy 100% over Fitz 100% because of the cap hit and it would be less to get him

[/QUOTE]

For the money, it's not even close. White is affordable, Fitz is not. And there's no difference production wise. If anything, White is better (except for TDs).

These are their last two years combined:

RW:  Recepts 155, Yds 2,062, YPC 13.3, TDs 10

LF:  Recepts 153, Yds 1,752, YPC 11.4, TDs 14

2014 Contracts:

RW: $5 mil, $6.25 mil cap hit

LF: $12.75 mil, $18 mil cap hit

There's no real discussion here, is there?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

DeadAhead2, I do like your thinking with Rowdy Roddy White!   I'm looking for a clear cut game changer, and white fits that role!  Vjax as well, but fitzy and vijay, prob way too much dough.  White not so much....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

For the money, it's not even close. White is affordable, Fitz is not. And there's no difference production wise. If anything, White is better (except for TDs).

These are their last two years combined:

RW:  Recepts 155, Yds 2,062, YPC 13.3, TDs 10

LF:  Recepts 153, Yds 1,752, YPC 11.4, TDs 14

2014 Contracts:

RW: $5 mil, $6.25 mil cap hit

LF: $12.75 mil, $18 mil cap hit

There's no real discussion here, is there?

[/QUOTE]

nope there really shouldn't be but of course there is Muz.

Roddy doesn't seem to be affected by age and that stat is amazing becuase ROddy was ineffective for 8=10 weeks this year. Fitz seemed to struggle to gain separation all year, kinda scary.

the only thing LF has on White is he is a all-pro red zone catcher and target.

anyways the cap hit and probable amount needed to trade for each Roddy wins in a runaway

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Bumping this back, since I heard over sports radio that Pats interested in Larry Fitz!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANumber1Roy. Show ANumber1Roy's posts

Belicheck just doing his job to see what Arizona would be asking for and see if Fitzgerald would take a massive pay cut which isn't happening. Be ready for the end of the road WR  half dozen signings at between 750k-1 million a year player to come in for camp.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

In response to ANumber1Roy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Belicheck just doing his job to see what Arizona would be asking for and see if Fitzgerald would take a massive pay cut which isn't happening. Be ready for the end of the road WR  half dozen signings at between 750k-1 million a year player to come in for camp.

[/QUOTE]

Yup your prob right and we'll all be back here next year saying the same OLd thing again!

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.