First Poutin' Peyton, Now It's Bratty Brady

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Re: First Poutin' Peyton, Now It's Bratty Brady

He looked open to me before his shirt was grabbed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Re: First Poutin' Peyton, Now It's Bratty Brady:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: First Poutin' Peyton, Now It's Bratty Brady : Coming back to the ball is an elite wr move?????
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

aren't u just taking one part of a sentence by seattle out of context?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: First Poutin' Peyton, Now It's Bratty Brady : Coming back to the ball is an elite wr move?????

in that situation yes, based on how that play's been made in the past. underwood was running across, fully anticipating the ball woud be further down ahead of him. look at the play. the ball was floated and was behind underwood. there was no time for uw o react. in fact look at his body. his upper body was trying to come back, but his legs were going forward.

even if you argue it does not have to be an elite wr, certainly it would be foolish to expect that someone off the street would make that. there is a reason why he was on the street. and it's not because he's a playmaker.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE] He looked open to me before his shirt was grabbed.
    Posted by ccnsd[/QUOTE]

classic photo...taken in brazil(?) if i remember correctly

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from triplestix. Show triplestix's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: First Poutin' Peyton, Now It's Bratty Brady : You're privy to how things were when Crennel left?  I'm out of work and if my ex boss called me back, I highly doubt I'd go back.

Actually I don't have to be privy to anything concerning the why crennel left. I seem to remember a very prominent scene after the Pats won their last SB. The scene consisted of Belichick, Crennel, and Weis having a group hug because it was the last time they were going to be working with each other. That doesn't sound like he left on bad terms to me. Mangini is the jerk and the one with whom Belichick has an issue not Crennel. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I think he means NFL receivers are elite and since Underwood isn't an NFL caliber receiver he isn't elite. That must be it. It's sickening how quickly some fans throw the greatest player in Pats' history under the bus for the sake of a scrub and an unqualified sycophant OC.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: First Poutin' Peyton, Now It's Bratty Brady : Why does EVERYONE assume that ex players or coaches would want to come back?

You have a point. BB likes his power and likes his yes men. I'm sure experienced guys looking for a job would sign on but he never pulls the trigger on them.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from capecodwilly. Show capecodwilly's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: First Poutin' Peyton, Now It's Bratty Brady : I don't have a problem with it being done in a practice.  But in the game?  all that is going to do is traumatize a player.  Remember when Willie McG shoved Lonnie Paxton in the post-season because Paxton missed a block on a red zone defense?  Paxton was a lost cause for the rest of the game, the D fell apart and the Pats were knocked out.  That was the last time we saw McGinnest in a Pats jersey. Wouldn't happen to Brady, but it shows how that in-game confrotation is a dead-end, IMO.   Seems a lot of successful QBs have won w/o publicly berating their teammates.  And lest we forget, Brady hasn't won a SB since he started berating his teammates in games.
    Posted by chrisakawoody[/QUOTE]

This is not a valid comparison and it's quite a stretch to say that Paxton sucked because of Willie McG or that the same thing would happen in this case. Quite a stretch, indeed. Plus this was done on the sidelines and would have gone unnoticed by the public if it wasn't Tom Brady and if O'Brien hadn't flipped out. Also, Tom publically placed the blame on himself and in fact immediately let go of the incident as he left the field and embraced O'Brien. Brady is a leader and a great competitor. It seems to me that some here would rather he be a namby-pamby, politically correct,sweet, kind, gentle sort of guy, in which case you'd be more than happy to jump on him for being a loser. Give me a break.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: First Poutin' Peyton, Now It's Bratty Brady : I think he means NFL receivers are elite and since Underwood isn't an NFL caliber receiver he isn't elite. That must be it. It's sickening how quickly some fans throw the greatest player in Pats' history under the bus for the sake of a scrub and an unqualified sycophant OC.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

you are having a hard time making a distinction between pointing out something wrong that a person did vs not liking a person.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from triplestix. Show triplestix's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: First Poutin' Peyton, Now It's Bratty Brady : at what point exactly was underwood open? http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-fantasy/09000d5d824f2ef5/Redskins-defense-INT by the time tb finished his pump fake, underwood was already covered. by the time he cocked his arm for the real pass, there was no way underwood was going to be open. now that i looked at this again, one could argue actually that the ball was thrown slightly behind underwood. had that ball been thrown further ahead of underwood, the db might not have made the int. in that situation tb shuld ahve thrown it where the db could not get it. he did not. when you say you you are willing to blame the guy from the street regardless of what actually happened i will only conclude that you let your bias cloud your judgement. and given the fact that underwood was picked up from the street, isn't it foolish to expect that he would make an elite wr move?
    Posted by seattlepat70[/QUOTE]
    You must have been watching the exact same game the officials were watching (because they were missing everything).  Because from the first step of Underwoods break he was open. Remember this is the PRO'S so you really only have to have a step on a guy to be open in this league. And as for the ball being thrown behind Underwood. You must be thinking that Underwood was running to Brady's left because as I recall both the reciever and the DB had to FULLY EXTEND THEIR ARMS TO REACH THE STINKING BALL. IF that is behind him than every single pass must be behind the reciever.  :)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: First Poutin' Peyton, Now It's Bratty Brady : I don't have a problem with it being done in a practice.  But in the game?  all that is going to do is traumatize a player.  Remember when Willie McG shoved Lonnie Paxton in the post-season because Paxton missed a block on a red zone defense?  Paxton was a lost cause for the rest of the game, the D fell apart and the Pats were knocked out.  That was the last time we saw McGinnest in a Pats jersey. Wouldn't happen to Brady, but it shows how that in-game confrotation is a dead-end, IMO.   Seems a lot of successful QBs have won w/o publicly berating their teammates.  And lest we forget, Brady hasn't won a SB since he started berating his teammates in games.
    Posted by chrisakawoody[/QUOTE]

What kind of girly-boy player is going to get traumatized by being called out by the QB for a bonehead play? Football players get yelled at their whole lives. They play with brutal physical threat on every play but you think they are traumatized by getting criticized? You have some cockamamie theories, that's for sure.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: First Poutin' Peyton, Now It's Bratty Brady : you are having a hard time making a distinction between pointing out something wrong that a person did vs not liking a person.

I have not even a tiny iota of a hard time making that distinction.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: First Poutin' Peyton, Now It's Bratty Brady : classic photo...taken in brazil(?) if i remember correctly

I don't know if it's from Brazil, I assume it isn't because it was taken by an American photographer named Joseph Szabo. It's from a book of photos called Almost Grown. I would be lying if I knew the photo before i bought the Dinosaur Jr album. Mr Szabo has a web site with a lot of his photos thumbnailed if you are curious. I always assumed it was an american prepubescent trying to look cool on the beach without realizing how ridiculous they looked.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from triplestix. Show triplestix's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: First Poutin' Peyton, Now It's Bratty Brady : wasn't capers a "consultant" or something like that?  Not sure he was ever given a real chance to do anything with the Patriots.
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii[/QUOTE]

Yes, he was a consultant. My point there (and I failed miserably at actually stating it) was that we had a guy 2 years ago who has the capability of calling a great defensive game plan, and now he calls a defense for another team.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joel63. Show Joel63's posts

Bubba,

You're a complete azzwipe! He's always been modest. Never takes ONE ounce of credit for the teams successes. ALWAYS credits everyone but himself, and even credits his opponents regularly. You sir, are a complete idiot and certainly NOT a Patriots fan. Now kindly go away because I for one am tired of having to straighten you out! Sheesh.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

Mazz is the worst, let's get that straight.  His articles read like a temper tantrum.  when the heat started off badly last year he wrote an article of hate against LeBron and then the Heat went on a tare.  His insights aren't insights, they are weird connections based off off his strange resentments that don't connect to anything.  Like the Marino comparison.  Miami never had a defense.  His wife has to be cheating on him constantly and not behind his back.  Anyone who references Mazz to back up a statement is obviously bating and not serious.

Brady's coach called him out when he passed the blame and Brady owned up to it, simple as that.  It's probably a stronger relationship this week.  Look out Denver!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: First Poutin' Peyton, Now It's Bratty Brady :  I don't know if it's from Brazil, I assume it isn't because it was taken by an American photographer named Joseph Szabo. It's from a book of photos called Almost Grown. I would be lying if I knew the photo before i bought the Dinosaur Jr album. Mr Szabo has a web site with a lot of his photos thumbnailed if you are curious. I always assumed it was an american prepubescent trying to look cool on the beach without realizing how ridiculous they looked.
    Posted by ccnsd[/QUOTE]

Jones Beach, NY is where the pictures were taken from. Looks like most of the photos are in black and white, very kewl candids.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: First Poutin' Peyton, Now It's Bratty Brady : Yes, he was a consultant. My point there (and I failed miserably at actually stating it) was that we had a guy 2 years ago who has the capability of calling a great defensive game plan, and now he calls a defense for another team.  
    Posted by triplestix[/QUOTE]

He's with GB now, isn't he?  In which case, some would argue that GB's d is no better than the Patriots'.

But yeah, we need a DC who can tweak the D a little.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]  Mazz is the worst, let's get that straight.  His articles read like a temper tantrum.  when the heat started off badly last year he wrote an article of hate against LeBron and then the Heat went on a tare.  His insights aren't insights, they are weird connections based off off his strange resentments that don't connect to anything.  Like the Marino comparison.  Miami never had a defense.  His wife has to be cheating on him constantly and not behind his back.  Anyone who references Mazz to back up a statement is obviously bating and not serious.   Brady's coach called him out when he passed the blame and Brady owned up to it, simple as that.  It's probably a stronger relationship this week.  Look out Denver!
    Posted by passfirst[/QUOTE]

Absolutely, I don't have qualms about OB chewin Brady out - and I'm glad to hear he owned up to it.  Still doesn't change the fact that it appeared that Brady blamed Underwood and reamed him out - and at that moment in time - did NOT own up to his own part in the matter. He only did so AFTER OB spanked his hand.

And, I would agree with you that I think Brady will actually step it up a notch as a result of the incident.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: First Poutin' Peyton, Now It's Bratty Brady : Fire all non-Patriot fans Patriots fans like Booba.
    that was yoiur best?