Five things to watch for tonight

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patpscyho. Show patpscyho's posts

Five things to watch for tonight

Five things I am going to watch for tonight:

1) How does Brady handle a live rush?

2) DB performance, especially CB coverage (nickel and dime too)

3) 3rd down pass-rushing

4) 4-3 deployment with burgess/wilfork/brace/seymour DL as primary pass rushing sub package.

5) How rookies handle their first live NFL experience (long list here- obviously starting with Edelmen, Chung, Nunn, etc.)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrizutko. Show jrizutko's posts

Re: Five things to watch for tonight

my 5:

1) How do the RBs look?  Does Maroney have any of his old deciciveness back?

2) Who is returning punts and kickoffs, and how smooth do they look in traffic?

3) How invovled do Galloway and Lewis get?  Which seems sharper in our system?

4) Hitting.  I want to see the defense swarming to the ball with good tackling and intensity.

5) NO INJURIES!

I don't expect we'll be able to read too much into pass rush and secondary performance, since in real games the match-up and blocking scheming will be so different.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2.. Show Tcal2.'s posts

These game are really kinda useless.  Pre-season speed, game planning and personnel groupings are not reflective of an actual game.

There mostly used to evaluate bubble players, set the depth chart and get into game shape. 

So don't try to take it to seriously.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patpscyho. Show patpscyho's posts

I meant my post in the context of evaluating players, including bubble players. 

Of course, the packages won't be complicated in preseason, but players still have to cover- they still have to play the game, and that is what I'm looking at.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

1) Pass Rush
    2) Defense in key (red zone) situations.
    3) Guyton and Mayo at ILB
    4) Marked Improvement in secondary
    5) Run to Pass ratio.......Brady's health.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from beastplant. Show beastplant's posts

if he plays, i really need to see if this crable kid has the stuff.  if he shows flashes, shows strength on the egde with some pass rush ability, what a blessing that would be.  there's a depth quiestion at linebacker.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

the offensive line!!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrDoItchBig. Show DrDoItchBig's posts

anyone else nervous for Tom tonight? I know the Eagles are pretty injured on their front 7 and Tom said he's feeling good but he went down against the Chiefs out of all the teams in the league and now the first game is going to be against the blitz happy Eagles. I hope he gets over the mental hurdles early in the game and gets comfortable.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from patpscyho. Show patpscyho's posts

Now I am nervous. Forecast calls for rain so Brady is playing on a wet turf. How about that for a big test right out of the gate.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrDoItchBig. Show DrDoItchBig's posts

In Response to Re: Five things to watch for tonight:
    [QUOTE]Now I am nervous. Forecast calls for rain so Brady is playing on a wet turf. How about that for a big test right out of the gate.
    Posted by patpscyho[/QUOTE]

I just looked on the radar and it's only scattered showers and should be gone by kick off, plus they got the tarp over the field.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Five things to watch for tonight:
    [QUOTE]Five things I am going to watch for tonight: 1) How does Brady handle a live rush? 2) DB performance, especially CB coverage (nickel and dime too) 3) 3rd down pass-rushing 4) 4-3 deployment with burgess/wilfork/brace/seymour DL as primary pass rushing sub package. 5) How rookies handle their first live NFL experience (long list here- obviously starting with Edelmen, Chung, Nunn, etc.)
    Posted by patpscyho[/QUOTE]

Amen, brother. I know its' just preseason...but I can't wait to see the Pats in action!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Did Jarvis Green retire or quit or die or something? Cause all of you seem to not include him in your 4-3 outlines.

Just so we are all aware when the Pats go to the 4-3 this is the set up and it most likely wont change.

DE
    Jarvis Green and Ty Warran

DT
    R. Seymore and Vince Wilfork

Ron Brace is not going to play when we ar ein the 4-3 he is going to play when Wilfork needs a blow and thats it. Seymore and Wilfork are way way too good to not have on the field in that package.

The only change i can see is if they maybe let Burgess play inthe 4-3 but even then he would split time with Green. Unless we cut Green you better count on him being on the 4-3 package.