Flacco wants 20 Million per year

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Flacco wants 20 Million per year

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/28/flacco-expected-to-aim-for-drew-brees-money/

Baltimore’s Joe Flacco is the top quarterback in the NFL with an expiring contract. Flacco is working from a position of strength after compiling a 15:3 touchdown-to-interception ratio over the Ravens’ final seven games leading up to the Super Bowl.

And he’s looking to get paid.

John Clayton stated on ESPN’s SportsCenter Special Monday that Flacco will likely targetDrew Brees money in contract talks with the Ravens. Brees, of course, signed a five-year, $100 million contract with $40 million guaranteed last July.

“He’s now made a case for $20 million a year,” Clayton said. “And I think he’s gonna try to hold to that. Last season what I was hearing was he was asking for about $17 million. … But he was saying ‘okay fine, let me play this out.’ Now he’s in a position to make big money. And we’ll see if he can get over Drew Brees’ contract. I think he can.”

ESPN’s Chris Mortensen agreed that the “$20 million figure is not unreachable” for Flacco.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Re: Flacco wants 20 Million per year

The dirty birds have to agree to Flacco's demand, or risk losing the elite QB. They should then  take over Sanchez's contract so Flacco will have a backup.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

I would like to see him get it....and cripple them for the next 5-10 years. Ray Lewis and Ed Reed will both be gone next year and that D won't be as formidable without it's two leaders, Flacco is good, but he isn't nearly as good as he thinks he is. Put him on most of the other teams around the NFL and he would be average at best. He played a good game in Gilette, but if his WRs(especially Boldin) don't make some very impressive grabs, he's not looking so hot right now.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Like I mentioned on an earlier thread Ozzie has to pay Kruger and Flacco (what is the alternative?) and he still loses Reed (very likely) and Lewis (gone baby gone). Ozzie has accomplished alot, but he really has his work cut out for him in 2013 post-season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

He is a Brady killer, give it to him. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

Oooops.......

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to thefly8's comment:

Does he play against Brady or the D?

Personally, if he does get it, I think he owes the whole Pats D a new Escalade each. (with gas for the length of his contact, of course)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

Personally, if he does get it, I think he owes the whole Pats D a new Escalade each. (with gas for the length of his contact, of course)

Gas, scheduled maintainence and paid for comprehensive auto insurance for Marquice Cole.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Haha. Hopefully they give him that kind of dough!  Lol

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

He may have as many sb rings as gomer soon.   Give it too him. Eli got his give flacco his.   

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to thefly8's comment:

He takes a second seat to Brady's own defense in that regard.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

We'll see what the market bears after he plays the 9ers D. Exposed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to FishTaco64's comment:

I would like to see him get it....and cripple them for the next 5-10 years. Ray Lewis and Ed Reed will both be gone next year and that D won't be as formidable without it's two leaders, Flacco is good, but he isn't nearly as good as he thinks he is. Put him on most of the other teams around the NFL and he would be average at best. He played a good game in Gilette, but if his WRs(especially Boldin) don't make some very impressive grabs, he's not looking so hot right now.

The beginning of the end in Balt.:)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to PhatRex's comment:

Crazy!  Who pays a QB 20 mil?  What kind of idiot GM would sink 1/6 of their cap into one player? 

Maybe when that one player has won more playoff games and more Superbowl titles than the Jets organization.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

C'mon phatty that is just moronic..you wear your jealousy on your sleeve as good as the real fat Rex wears his mancrush on his. 

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to PhatRex's comment:

Oh, how sad.  Since Sanchez has been in the NFL he has more playoff wins than Brady and the patsies.   Ouch.  I'm talking about Mark Sanchez, the Jets QB. He has more playoff wins than the patsies.

That's because the Pats get bye weeks.  Enjoy your WC round wins toolbag.  Sanchez is the worst QB in the NFL and the Jets are garbage.  You better get used to what happened on Thanksgiving this year phatty because it's going to happen routinely as long as Sanchez is QB.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Hey Phatty remember when you told us Mike T was such a great GM.  Gee where is he now.  On the street for giving out possibly the worst extension in history to the worst QB in the NFL. LMFAO.  Enjoy the basement again next year.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/28/flacco-expected-to-aim-for-drew-brees-money/

Baltimore’s Joe Flacco is the top quarterback in the NFL with an expiring contract. Flacco is working from a position of strength after compiling a 15:3 touchdown-to-interception ratio over the Ravens’ final seven games leading up to the Super Bowl.

And he’s looking to get paid.

John Clayton stated on ESPN’s SportsCenter Special Monday that Flacco will likely targetDrew Brees money in contract talks with the Ravens. Brees, of course, signed a five-year, $100 million contract with $40 million guaranteed last July.

“He’s now made a case for $20 million a year,” Clayton said. “And I think he’s gonna try to hold to that. Last season what I was hearing was he was asking for about $17 million. … But he was saying ‘okay fine, let me play this out.’ Now he’s in a position to make big money. And we’ll see if he can get over Drew Brees’ contract. I think he can.”

ESPN’s Chris Mortensen agreed that the “$20 million figure is not unreachable” for Flacco.

not worth 20 and dont think he will get it

but a sb win and a sb mvp will up the ante big time