Flags for Colts!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Re: Flags for Colts!

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

You really can't believe you are taken seriously, can you?

Just mind-bogglingly hilarious.

You state something entirely incorrect, get shown that it is incorrect, redefine what you meant (a semantic argument) and then accuse the person who showed you how wrong you were of using semantics. 

I know you have said that you are in your 40's, but your arguments and thought processes are like a pre-teens. It is just utterly preposterous to think that you, a purported adult, thinks you can actually convince anyone of your arguments. It is hilarious.

Also, I told you exactly why the call in the Chargers game was bad. You refute it by saying only that it was a good call, but add no detail. Again, simply refuting something without anything to offer beyond the mere fact that you refuted it is not acceptable except by pre-teens.

I find it extremely ironic that you are accusing me of using "debate club tactics" when you are the one using them. Which of course, is a HS debate club tactic. You use them poorly and quite incorrectly which makes them very easy to spot, but that is how it is with someone as easily overmatched as you.

Later, Chuckles. I guess in your case if you can't make any argument, at least you can make them laugh their butts off with your ineptitude. For that, you have my applause.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

All you need to know about my man underdogg(g) and his little buddy -- who seems to have mysteriously evaporated -- is that, despite all evidence pointing in one obvious direction, they won't come right out and say that the Colts should steamroll Green New Jersey tomorrow and, if they don't, it will have been a collossal (possibly misspelled) collapse.

I'll admit to being faintly amused by all the "this upset is worse than that upset" talk. True enough, Colts fan can reasonably argue that the Pats falling short against Blue New Jersey in their pursuit of a perfect season can be argued as the biggest upset ever. But let us not forget -- as has been pointed out ad infinitum and conveniently ignored by our favorite Colts fan (and the guy who has taken to pulling his wagon) -- the Pats had forsaken cheap glory, plenty of which they had already reaped, in favor of the NFL version of the Holy Grail. Yes -- they failed, and it is easy now to point at that and say, "See -- that's what overreaching your grasp will get you."

But some of us choose not to see it that way.

Even Galahad, whose heart was pure, was only allowed a glimpse of the Grail.

So . . .   when I see guys in here defending a team who sees immortality on the horizon and says, "Nah . . .   I have no use for that," I am dubious. The Colts may well win the Super Bowl in a couple weeks, and that will be a fine gift for their fans if it happens.

But I'd be willing to bet you that, even if they do secure another championship, ten . . .  twenty . . .  however many years from now,  at least a few people will still be wondering why they didn't reach for the brass ring when it was well and truly within their grasp.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wwsf4ever. Show wwsf4ever's posts

p-mike,

They did not reach for the Brass Ring when it was within their grasp because they were playing something called CORNHOLE....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Mike and Enoch:

Isn't it a scream seeing Dogg(g) twist words and logic, in an desperate attempt to make the 2009, seven loss Jets, seem like the "85 Bears? All this, just to provide him with some cover, in case the unthinkable happens tomorrow.

How pathetic...LOL!!!   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

RESPONSE: As many commentators picked the Giants as are picking the Jets. Why? Because some commentators figure that they have nothing to lose by picking an underdog, and everything to gain, should the dog come through.   

So now you are on this board telling everyone that you know that what the commentators said is not actually what they believed.  Ok.  Would you mind providing a link where these commentators actually said their picks were really NOT what they believed?  That way you won't have anyone questioning your VERACITY.  

RESPONSE: The 2007 Pats failed miserably?? How...by losing in the last minute to a very good Giants' team by three points in the dying minutes...after being pearl-harbored by the media/Specter conspiracy on the eve of the big game? Want an example of "failing miserably"? The Colts getting crushed by the Patriots in 2003-2004...losing at home to the Steelers in 2005, and allowing themselves to lose to inferior Charger teams in 2007-2008, are examples of "failing miserably".  

You keep bringing up the Spygate BS.  These are grown men with a task, they don't respond to this.  Besides, I thought the team used Spygate as bulletin board material to help push them to their 16-0 record and to prove to the world that they could win without video?  So why would it bother them before the Superbowl?  Is there actually some truth to taping of walkthroughs?  Is that why the team lost focus?  If not, your point makes no sense.  It never bothered them during the season.  Maybe the team just lacked heart (sound familiar)? 

RESPONSE: Yes, we all know that "originality isn't your bag". Neither is veracity...LOL!!

See above

RESPONSE: What a joke!! Crushing teams on the road?? Who did they crush...the "powerful" Cincinnati Bengals?? LOL!! Are you calling a 3 point win in San Diego a "crushing"? If thats' so, I guess that it can be argued that the Chargers "crushed" your Colts in 2007, and 2008...LOL!!!

Are you suggesting theJets run isn't similar?  The Chargers were the hottest team in the NFL on an 11 game win streak and the favorite to win the Superbowl.  The Jets traveled across the country and stuck it to them.  Ohhh, that's right, you are a pats fan so the Giants must have been great and pats fans hate the Jets so regardless of what they do you cannot show them respect.  Got it.   

RESPONSE: I'm stating facts. You're espousing speculation.

Sure I am speculating.  You have to do that when something hasn't happened yet.  It doesn't change my point.  Why don't you go on record and say the Jets will be worse next year?  And don't act like the commentators that you know who said one thing but believed something entirely different.  Be honest.  

RESPONSE: From the point of view of a troll, yes. But, objective folks would see things differently.

A troll?  You spend so much time attempting to disprove or discredit me, but then you throw it all away with the "troll" comment as if no one will notice.  Objectivity is the Vegas line which had the Giants as a significantly greater underdog on a neutral field than they have the Jets on the Colts field.  Conventional wisdom says that homefield advantage is worth 3 points.  That would make the Jets a 4 pt neutral field underdog to the colts while the Giants were at a minimum 12 pt neutral field underdogs.  Objective folks call that a significant difference.      

RESPONSE: I agree that the Jets will not be able to run on the Colts. Why? Because Indy has a very underrated defense. It is by far the fastest "D" in the league. Though they rank something like 24th overall against the run, within the redzone, the Colts rank 6th. Furthermore, if I'm not mistaken, The Colts are #1 in scoring defense. Once the Jets are unable to run, and fall behind, they'll have to depend more on Mark Sanchez. Then, the "reign of turnovers", along with the obligatory favorable flags, will begin.

I also agree that the Chargers did a good job of stopping the Jets running game. They lost because of dumb penalties, and, in my view, their under-use of RB Darren Sproles. Sproles only had 10 touches on offense, yet averaged over 9 yards per touch.  

But, what does that have to do with Peyton's tepid performance in last years' playoff loss in San Diego? The Colts' offense lost that game...not their defense. Why is it that you and the media are so reluctant to criticize ol' horseface?

Why, now, are you listening to the commentators who (as you say) say one thing but believe something entirely different, because about the only thing they are saying about the colts this week is that the D has speed.  You can't use these commentators one time and then trash them when you don't agree or want to make up something different. 

As for the Chargers doing a good job of stopping the Jets running game, I disagree.  Giving up a 53 yard TD run is not good run D.  And no, you can't take that out of the equation to make your point just as you can't take Manning's TD pass against the Chargers out of the equation.  That's called manipulation of facts. (real facts are different than your facts.  your facts are actually called opinion) When you manipulate real facts in order to prove or support your point, you've failed.  I would normally say it also damages your credibility, but you did that long ago.  In my opinion (see the difference there), the reason the colts lost has less to do with Manning and substantially more to do with the Defense giving up 170 yards on the ground and Scifres putting 5 punts at the 10, 9, 5, 3, & 1 yard lines. 

I'm sorry if the truth is offensive to you, Dogg(g). But, theres' a reason why the Colts have "failed miserably" in the play-offs over the years. Your boys have lacked the heart to get it done. They were very, very lucky in 2006, when Peyton won his sole SB. They were gift-wrapped a ticket to the SB by the referees, when they edged the Patriots (Oh...I'm sorry. The Colts beat the Pats by more than three points...so that was a "crushing"...LOL!). Then, they were lucky again, as they drew an overmatched QB named Rex Grossman (never was a player more aptly named), in the SB.

It pains me to say that, once again, the Colts are lucking out. They've drawn a seven loss team, led by a rookie QB, in the AFC title game. What an easy ride to a SB!!       

The truth doesn't offend me.  You, attempting to pass off opinion as truth (as is your m.o.) is what is offensive.  Nothing makes me happier than to read your squirming posts about the Colts being gifted wins.  It demonstrates that the success of a team you hate grinds at your very soul.  If you were a more honest person, I'd sympathize with you. 

But I don't.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Dogg(g)...LOL!! You stated the following:

"So now you are on this board telling everyone that you know that what the commentators said is not actually what they believed.  Ok.  Would you mind providing a link where these commentators actually said their picks were really NOT what they believed?  That way you won't have anyone questioning your VERACITY. 

RESPONSE: Grasping at straws as usual, Dogg(g). This is my opinion. Of course commentators aren't going to admit this. Many sportswriters, and we know who they are in Boston, will say things just to be controversial. 

You keep bringing up the Spygate BS.  These are grown men with a task, they don't respond to this.  Besides, I thought the team used Spygate as bulletin board material to help push them to their 16-0 record and to prove to the world that they could win without video?  So why would it bother them before the Superbowl?  Is there actually some truth to taping of walkthroughs?  Is that why the team lost focus?  If not, your point makes no sense.  It never bothered them during the season.  Maybe the team just lacked heart (sound familiar)? 

RESPONSE: There you go again, twisting words and logic. The Pats had all season to deal with spygate "1". But, the equally bogus spygate "2" was dropped on BB and the Pats on the eve of the biggest game in a teams' history. You don't think that affected them? BB stated that he and his coaching staff had to waste the entire day prior to the game deflecting the BS, and than explaining it to his players. Talk about a distraction. That said, I find it interesting that you failed to attempt to rebut how your Colts have "failed miserably" over the years in the play-offs...LOL!!   

RESPONSE: Yes, we all know that "originality isn't your bag". Neither is veracity...LOL!!

See above

RESPONSE: Dogg(g), you have no credibility here, and never will, until you start being a man and admit the obvious...such as, that your Colts are a much better team that the flawed Jets...and should beat them easily.

Are you suggesting theJets run isn't similar?  The Chargers were the hottest team in the NFL on an 11 game win streak and the favorite to win the Superbowl.  The Jets traveled across the country and stuck it to them.  Ohhh, that's right, you are a pats fan so the Giants must have been great and pats fans hate the Jets so regardless of what they do you cannot show them respect.  Got it. 

RESPONSE: I'm not suggesting anything, except that the 2009 Jets couldn't carry the jocks of the 2007 world champion Giants. As for showing the Jets respect, I invite to check back a week, and you'll find that I started a thread entitled, "Congratulations, Jets", in which went against the grain of most of my brethren on this forum by complimenting the Jets for making the play-offs, and in complimenting Rex Ryan for a great coaching job...in getting the most out of a flawed team.    

Sure I am speculating.  You have to do that when something hasn't happened yet.  It doesn't change my point.  Why don't you go on record and say the Jets will be worse next year?  And don't act like the commentators that you know who said one thing but believed something entirely different.  Be honest.  

RESPONSE: Again, grasping at straws, and playing your little debating games. Whether the Jets will be better next season is not relevant to this discussion! We are discussing the merits of the 2009 Jets.

A troll?  You spend so much time attempting to disprove or discredit me, but then you throw it all away with the "troll" comment as if no one will notice.  Objectivity is the Vegas line which had the Giants as a significantly greater underdog on a neutral field than they have the Jets on the Colts field.  Conventional wisdom says that homefield advantage is worth 3 points.  That would make the Jets a 4 pt neutral field underdog to the colts while the Giants were at a minimum 12 pt neutral field underdogs.  Objective folks call that a significant difference. 

RESPONSE: You are a troll, sir. You do try to shine it up a bit, and appear to be reasonable. But, once the discussion gets a bit heated, your true colors shine on through. 

You, sir, are incorrect about me spending so much time "attempting to disprove or discredit you". The facts are that I succeed in disproving or discrediting you. Why? Because I can, and because its' fun to do...LOL!!

As for Vegas setting the long odds on the Giants, history proved them to be wrong...as they grossly underrated the Giants. Now, they have grossly overrated the Jets. Whatever the point spread, no rational football fan believes that the Jets have a snow-balls' chance in hell to win in Indy. We on this forum all know that the only reason that you're straining so hard to make this bogus "Jets are great" argument, is to provide you and your cowardly team with cover, just in case the unthinkable occurs.        

Why, now, are you listening to the commentators who (as you say) say one thing but believe something entirely different, because about the only thing they are saying about the colts this week is that the D has speed.  You can't use these commentators one time and then trash them when you don't agree or want to make up something different.

RESPONSE: I'm listing to commentators?? I'm giving my opinion! Everyone knows that the undersized Colt defenders are the fastest defense in the league...and that speed is their calling card. 

As for the Chargers doing a good job of stopping the Jets running game, I disagree.  Giving up a 53 yard TD run is not good run D.  And no, you can't take that out of the equation to make your point just as you can't take Manning's TD pass against the Chargers out of the equation.  That's called manipulation of facts. (real facts are different than your facts.  your facts are actually called opinion) When you manipulate real facts in order to prove or support your point, you've failed.  I would normally say it also damages your credibility, but you did that long ago.  In my opinion (see the difference there), the reason the colts lost has less to do with Manning and substantially more to do with the Defense giving up 170 yards on the ground and Scifres putting 5 punts at the 10, 9, 5, 3, & 1 yard lines.

RESPONSE: Comments like these are why posters here do not take you seriously. The Charger defense shut down the Jets running game but for that one play, late in the fourth quarter. San Diego's defense didn't lose this game, their offense and special teams did. Their pro-bowl kicker  missed two very make-able FGs...remember?? Their offense was unable to sustain drives due to stupid penalties, and two costly interceptions. The second of the two picks gift-wrapped the go-ahead TD for the Jets.

Keep making excuses for Manning's playoff failures, if you will. But, the bottom line is, that the man who Colts' fans believe to be greatest QB of all-time, "led" his team to just 17 points, in the 2008 loss in San Diego. As I correctly stated, aside from the 72 yard TD pass to Reggie Wayne, Manning had a very pedestrian afternoon, completing 24/41 passes, for 230 yards.   

The truth doesn't offend me.  You, attempting to pass off opinion as truth (as is your m.o.) is what is offensive.  Nothing makes me happier than to read your squirming posts about the Colts being gifted wins.  It demonstrates that the success of a team you hate grinds at your very soul.  If you were a more honest person, I'd sympathize with you. 

RESPONSE: If the truth doesn't offend you, then why do you break out in verbal hives whenever its' thrust upon you? The NFL officials gift-wrapping the AFC title game for Indy in 2006 is not an opinion...its' fact...and there exists a letter of apology from the NFL to back me up. Biased officiating for Indy is common knowledge for fans around the league.   

But I don't."

RESPONSE: LOL!!!     

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

+4, Tex.

Which I guess means you crushed him. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"While the Jets may be the underdog, they are not as big an underdog as the giants were to the pats.  No one picked the giants to win, but that is not the case with the jets."

I saw many commentators pick the Giants, and I myself was worried about that matchup for the Pats. This mythology that the Giants win was a huge upset is just that. Folks love the idea of the underdog, but fact of the matter is that if you know and love football, you know that some teams match up well against others. I can tell you that towards the end of that great regular season game where the Giants almost ruined the Pats perfect season, I remember telling my friend, "we don't want to see those guys in the playoffs." That was based on the notion that Plaxico could whip our small cornerbacks (he did), that Eli was playing well and loose in the clutch (which he was that year), and that their defensive line was able to bring pressure without extra blitzers. The Giants flat out matched up well with the Pats that year, and a number of analysts picked the Giants to win. The "upset factor" was increased by the fact that the Pats were undefeated going into the Super Bowl. Just like the Colts would be dealing with that now if they had decided to go for perfection. 

As for the Jets, they do match up pretty well with the Colts. I would see it as a bigger upset than the Giants, however, only because Sanchez is not playing as well as Eli Manning was playing that season for the Giants. Having a limited quarterback means that you can only win games from a position of strength. Also, the Colts excellent pass rush should allow to put a lot of heat on Sanchez, especially if the Colts can take an early lead. 

Having said that, if the Jets win, I won't be running around crowing about what a huge upset it was. I would see it as a minor upset, but not some huge choke job on the Colts part. The Colts mistake was not putting the Jets out of their misery when they had the chance. 

Finally, I am careful about proclaiming upsets because I've come to appreciate that especially in a "one and done" playoff like the NFL, it is much harder to win as the "overdog". The underdog can play with nothing to lose. That is a major reason why we see so many unexpected outcomes in one and done tournaments. The Colts have the burden of being the "overdog" and that makes it tougher for them. Having said that, the Colts really need another Super Bowl ring to validate their credentials as a great franchise. We'll see if they can do it. The Jets are not going to be a cakewalk. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hoochiemgg. Show hoochiemgg's posts

Your debate has been a good read. I myself can't stand either team so I was hoping that they could both lose and take Favre with them. I will say though that I get the scary feeling that we could be in the midst of a great NFL story here. I mean the Jets started so well, then they sucked, then Ryan cried like a baby and now they're on the brink of going to the big game. Also, they wouldn't be here at all if the Colts had any balls and went after the perfect season. Now the team they let onto the dance floor might bump them off in their own building. That's a bit of sweet justice if you ask me. Now if the Jets win, they play from out of a Dolphin locker room. Yes, the same Dolphins that beat the Jets twice but yet failed to make the playoffs. Add to this the whole Favre thing and it seems like this could be a season for the ages. All that said....Go Saints!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wwsf4ever. Show wwsf4ever's posts

Did I just read in all that Underroos drivel where he thinks that the "Spread" is actually the difference that the Vagas Odds makers expect the game to end with?  REALLY?

Here I thought that "Spread" as it was called was a number that the Odds,akers created (Based on hype) which would force the most bets to come down (as equally as possible) on either side so as to ensure that they would make the
    MOST money in the deal when they got their cut.
    That is why the "SPREAD" changes as a game gets closer to occurring... because if more money is bet on TEAM "A" then they give team "B" a bigger spread which will make more people take the points, and evens out the losses somewhat which actually maximizes the HOUSE's winning entirely.

That is okay- Mr Underoos believes that the Odds-makers actually know what the final score difference will be and are tempting us all to be for or against that prognostication.....    WHATEVER....

UNDEROOS is just here to Bait you guys into talking with him, and then switch his logic midstream so that he can feel good about himself because someone will speak with him.

No one in Indiana will speak to the fool anymore.... even his right hand refuses to acknowledge him....  think about it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogggg. Show underdogggg's posts

First: 6/10/2008
    Last: 1/24/2010
    +4, Tex.

Which I guess means you crushed him. 
    That rabbit's dynamite!

Root- As you well know I never get crushed in a debate. All I have to do is get the last post in and I win. A completely easy task as I have very little life outside of this forum.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

underdogggg

congrats on your first post

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogggg. Show underdogggg's posts

There you go again, twisting words and logic. The Pats had all season to deal with spygate "1". But, the equally bogus spygate "2" was dropped on BB and the Pats on the eve of the biggest game in a teams' history. You don't think that affected them? BB stated that he and his coaching staff had to waste the entire day prior to the game deflecting the BS, and than explaining it to his players. Talk about a distraction. That said, I find it interesting that you failed to attempt to rebut how your Colts have "failed miserably" over the years in the play-offs...LOL!!  

TP- If you think that Spygate is bogus then by your logic you must also be in favor of the Decriminalization of murder, mayhem and armed robbery. Your remarks are asinine and stink of the stench of cow cr@p that blows across your state like a tumbleweed in a wind storm. It's because of people like you and other cheating Pats fans that Polian has to bribe and extort NFL officials. What a Joke!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wwsf4ever. Show wwsf4ever's posts

Wow, Underroos just admitted that his team is bribing the league and officials..... 

Nice to see that he finally decided to have a little integrity.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

So, new ud, the Pats fans now cheat?

I realize you aren't ud, but your responses are funnier.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Dogg(g), with your last post, you have outdone yourself. You stated the following: 

"...If you think that Spygate is bogus then by your logic you must also be in favor of the Decriminalization of murder, mayhem and armed robbery.

RESPONSE: I'm flabbergasted...LOL!!!! This is way out in left field, even for you. So, now you are equating Spygate to murder, mayhem, and robbery?? Again my friend, this is why I dub you as a troll, and why the great majority of posters here don't tale you seriously. 

Your remarks are asinine and stink of the stench of cow cr@p that blows across your state like a tumbleweed in a wind storm.

RESPONSE: And your comments smack of anger and ignorance 

It's because of people like you and other cheating Pats fans that Polian has to bribe and extort NFL officials.

RESPONSE: What do alleged "cheating Pats' fans" have to do with the outcome of games?...LOL!! But...I'm glad to see that you've finally admitted that Bill Polian bribes and extorts NFL officials. 

Hey Dogg(g), if Spygate was akin to murder, mayhem, and robbery, where does bribery and extortion of NFL officials fall?? LOL!!! 

What a Joke!!"

RESPONSE: Agreed...yes you are. Man, I didn't realize how badly you were sweating the flawed Jets. For your sake, I almost wish that Indy wins. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Enoch and All:

For days, Dogg(g), a/k/a Dogg(gg)?...has been arguing that the Jets should actually be favored in todays' game. We all know that he's done that to give himself and his lovables cover, just in case the Jets pull the huge upset. But, then today, he starts a new threat, predicting a Colts' blow-out, sayimg the following: 

"Word off the AP news wire is that Colts have revenge in mind for their loss against the Jets earlier in the season. My prediction for the game today is The Colts-31 and the Jets 6. Peyton "my main" Man-ning will be 31-32 for 427 yds with his only incompletion coming on a spike to stop the clock.

Anyone disagree?"

LOL!!!     

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogggg. Show underdogggg's posts

TP, Thanks for the vote of confidence you are always an inspiration..Well, Off to the game for a complete annihilation of the Jets. I'll probably take off at half time to beat the traffic as it should be over by then!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Tex,

Is that a serious note about the AP and the colts having "revenge" in mind? 

Hilarious. The best revenge would have been to have kept your starters in and not give them the game.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

I cant believe they didnt give them a flag for hitting sanchez

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

To ALL:

~Had to look up the Total Penalties from another source since NFL.com conveniently forgot to put The Total Penalties for each team in even their extended running box score...weird the site, forgeting 2 times in a row in such big end of season games, even though I've been on their site following games for 3 years through their gametime stats, and always have seen it tallied. 

Anyway, Hope the source I got was correct, Overall we have a running tally in the 4th quarter of Jets committing 5 Penalties for 40 Total Yards and The Colts perpetual motion machine committing 1 Penalty for 5 yards...so actually 4 or 5 x more penalties for 8 x the yards is a pretty fairly called colt's game.  Not tallying any (cough) blatant late non-qb hits and the standard 15 minutes worth of non-holding pocket time for Manning per play against the #1 NFL D... 

~Colts have the game just about won, so look for the token penalties towards the Colts to start to even out for the final box anaysis...  GO Indianapolis COLTS...and keep right on tickin' like the decade long inertia-free machine that by the very laws of nature, can't possibly exist...tick, tick, tick!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Jets-6 for 46 yards and Colts-1 for 5 yards...13 point lead, I'm thinking ya gotta have some sort of 10-15 yards thrown towards the colts in order for people to overlook the several non-calls in the colts favor, and thus to finally conclude the standard stereotype, "Well, It wouldn't have mattered anyway...The Jets lost and The Colts won when all's said and done." 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from wwsf4ever. Show wwsf4ever's posts

Enoch, Can you put the rules for a false start and illegal procedure on here?

I though that the rule stated that once "SET" the linement could not move... but I am sure that I am wrong about it- I just would like to see the verbiage.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

I'm a little disappointed in the obligatory "Colts get all the calls" thread this week.  Here's the justification for the non-call for roughing the passer: the refs missed the call.  Not surprising since there'd be no reason for a ref to be watching the QB after he'd handed off.  That's the difference between the face-mask call being made against the Jets and the roughing the passer against the Colts being missed.  A face mask will usually be called because it's at the point of tackle where a ref is always looking.  Thems the breaks, fellas.  Well called game outside that blatant missed roughing the passer...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

A new underdog has infiltrated the board.  Where's Leon.  

Sam, what was the non-call?