Flex Schedule....Idiots in charge???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Flex Schedule....Idiots in charge???

Seriously, who is responsible behind this Jets/Bengals game being moved to 8.  Its freakin ludacris!  There are 2 great games in the NFC at 4:15...Dallas vs Philly for the NFC East crown and a match between Arizona and Green Bay.  At least in the NFC the teams are set, its just about jockeying for position.  Teams like Denver, Houston, etc. are getting scre.wed by giving Cincinnati a chance to see if there will be anything to play for.  How could they possibly do that with a game that has crucial playoff implications.  They should scrap this game and put Dallas vs Philly on at 8pm.  Its a terrific game that will feature 2 good teams battling for a division rather than a team with nothing to play for possibly laying down and letting a team in the playoffs that doesn't deserve to be there.

Very disappointing by the NFL.  Did they really not learn from Indy giving the Titans a free pass ousting the Browns a few years ago?  BTW NBC/Goodell: Dallas/Philly would assuredly get better ratings than New York/Cincy.  Both of you fail this time.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from boom95. Show boom95's posts

Re: Flex Schedule....Idiots in charge???

Im not sure but i think each network can protect a game or 2 from the flex schedual.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

Goodell still works for the Jets, i bet goody was a big part of the colts folding that game, goody wants his jets in the dance, i guarantee cincy folds too per order of the jets commish...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobomul. Show bobomul's posts

I doubt Cinci will change their game plan based on whether NE wins or loses vs Houston.  They are locked into the 3rd/4th spot and can only move up if NE loses to Houston (barring some radiacal swing in Strength of Victory).  Who's to say they would want to move up anyways.  They probably rest starters regardless of what happens earlier that day.

But it does let all the other teams in the AFC playoff hunt to get a chance to sit around the TV and route for a Jets loss.  All eyes will be on that game with most of the nation routing against the J-E-T-S.  Sounds good to me.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Each network can protect 5 games from being flexed, but they can't protect any Week 17 game.

They probably picked for the exact fact that it will decide the final WC in the AFC as well as have a potential impact on the seeds. Any fan with an AFC team in it will need to watch. Also, any football fan interested in the playoff seedings will likely watch. The interest isn't necessarily in the matchup, but on what it decides and it should be pretty big.

All the NFC playoff teams are set. All the AFC divisions have been won. The only other game with as big a definite impact on the playoff teams would be the Baltimore game. As they are playing Oakland though there is no potential impact on the seeds.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

NY is a big market.  They'll get their ratings even if the Bengals kneel down each snap for the Jets.  Enoch has a good point too.  The game will settle the wildcard picture.  Some teams will even hope the Bengals try to win...  Here's to hoping.