Florio reports Pats will sign Amendola on first day of free agancy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Re: Florio reports Pats will sign Amendola on first day of free agancy

In response to TFB12's comment:

In response to mthurl's comment:

Ok, now this I could see if it costs around 4-5 million per season. Slot guy, good talent, young, but a big risk as well.

I love Welker, but at 9 million no thanks.

It has been reported that Amendola's value is the $6 million mark

----------------------

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport says "at this point it looks like" Danny Amendola will be able to test the free-agent market.

"The Rams have their value on him. We'll see if he beats it in [free agency]," added Rapoport. The fragile slot receiver has missed 20 games over the last two seasons, and he isn't worth the $10-plus million on the franchise tag. Our own Evan Silva set Amendola's value at around $6 million per year in his Top 50 Free Agency Forecast. Rapoport names the 49ers and Patriots as suitors.

--------------------------

So pay in the $6 million range for the china built receiver Amendola or spend a couple extra million on Welker?  No brainer, you re-sign Welker.   But hey, going by some people here they would rather have Edelman and Amendola instead.  Who knows, maybe between the two of them combined the Patriots can get a full season out of them together. LOL!!  And still I doubt combined they have the production of Welker.  I'm pretty sure TFB wouldn't be thrilled about this.    Heck Amendola has only played 12 games in the last two years and has never broke 700 receiving yards an any 1 of the seasons he has played, not even the 1 year he played a complete season.  And Edelman has never played a complete season since he has been a Patriot.  Are Edelman and Amendola related?   No worries tho, it's a pretty safe bet that Florio is wrong. 

I doubt anyone will pay injury prone Amendola $6mil. per year. He'll have to sign for less if he want to play in New England. That said, Amendola is a similar type of player, and is 5 years younger than Welker: http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/11674/danny-amendola

My guess is that Tom Terrific wants his security blanket and best pal Wes to stay around. We'll soon see.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to alfred-e-bob-neumier's comment:

No one here is a journalist...not a single soul here works as a journalist...that is what my last comment means...very simple statement which seems to confound a few folks here...it's a sports discussion board...don't take yourself so seriously...or start taking heavy doses of anti-psychotics to ease your obvious discomfort.

My only question is: what precisely is your point in stating the obvious?  Hardly confounding but somewhat obscure.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

As long as they dont over pay him and as long as they dont try to make him into welker 2.0, we may be ok, but if this guy goes over the middle every game, he wont make it through half of season. Its one thing for Wes to catch 100 balls over the middle. He is not your avergae guy and maybe a little nuts, but most players cant take those hits over and over and im sure Danny will be making some business decisions and dropping a few due to alligator arms...lol

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

Not confounding and hardly obscure, but then again maybe it appears to be obscure to a purposely obtuse contrarian who feels they alone have any knowledge about something subject to opinion only...again, maybe you should hit the anti-psychotics early and often and try to lighten up...it's a sports discussion board, not a sports pontification board....we should all be so brilliant and insightful as you - truly

Are you always this defensive when someone asks you a simple question?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Are you always this insistant to get the answer you want? What IS your point?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=headcase

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Are you always this insistant to get the answer you want? What IS your point?

Easy partner, easy.  Your initial post in this thread reported something as a definite.  I read it, it appeared to be all speculation and I pointed that out.  You made a rather obscure and seemingly snarky comment about none of us being journalists.  I asked what your point was.  You replied that I must be on anti-psychotic medication.  

Seemed like a rather nuclear response to a simple question.  I thought you were making a point that I was somehow missing.  My point? What am I missing because I sure seem to be missing something.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

No problem here.....just wanting to enjoy the discussion...peace

Likewise. 

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Missed 20 games the past 2 seasons!   Lol.  Absolutely laughable, and WELKER hasn't missed a game, (oh wait besides the coaching staff being too cute, WELKER did miss a quarter).  It should a no brainer for Pats to resign WELKER.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I really hate seeing my favorite team throw money away like this.  I hope Florio was under the influence when you wrote this.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

I really hate seeing my favorite team throw money away like this.  I hope Florio was under the influence when you wrote this.

Some of these so-call reporters should all work for TMZ or something.  Espn or florio are the last folks ill believe!  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

I trust Florio about as much as I trust Ron Borges.

Ron "Burgundy" Borges!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Jeez us! Lmao!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

THis reminds me of people who keep buying things they won't use, just because they are on sale. They think the item is of good value.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

THis reminds me of people who keep buying things they won't use, just because they are on sale. They think the item is of good value.

If I hear the word Value around here one more time I just might throw my computer out the window!  LOL!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

If I hear the word Value around here one more time I just might throw my computer out the window!  LOL!!

Steady on, TFB.  Can't be having one of our most creative contributors abandoning ship now can we?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Steady on, TFB.  Can't be having one of our most creative contributors abandoning ship now can we?

Thanks man.  I enjoy this place but sometimes it gets challenging fighting the good fight!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Thanks man.  I enjoy this place but sometimes it gets challenging fighting the good fight!!

I hear ya, Brother.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

VALUE VALUE VALUE VALUE VALUE VALUE VALUE

LOL!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from In_BB_We_Trust. Show In_BB_We_Trust's posts

stormymonday is babe

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from In_BB_We_Trust. Show In_BB_We_Trust's posts

and I am rusty