Flozell Adams and Olsen?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from haldager. Show haldager's posts

Flozell Adams and Olsen?

Just read that Cowboys might consider cutting F. Adams. Wouldnt he be a nice upgrade to our OL? Can he play right tackle perhaps? (I dont like Kaczur that much)

By the way I also read a rumor about Greg Olsen might be heading to Pats. I dont know much about him, so would he be an upgrade at TE?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Re: Flozell Adams and Olsen?

Adams is a walking, talking false start and did everything he could to get Tony Blowmo killed in the divisional round this year (not that I think that's a bad thing). I'd feel better rebuilding the Pats O-line through the draft if I was me.

As for Olsen, the general consensus around here seems to be that a box of Rice Krispies would be an upgrade over Watson at tight end -- although I don't necessarily agree with that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

Greg olsen is excellent, I hope we get him. #1 bust=WATSON
    WATSON
    MARONY
    LIGHT
    MORRIS
    KASSAR
    =
    LEAVE TOWN AND NEVER COME BACK

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

It's more speculation than rumor in regards to Olsen.

Athletic kid, good size/speed (6-5 255), he went for 60-612-8 last year with aweful QB play from Jay Cutler.

If NE did make a play for him, you'd think they'd do it with the mindset of actually incorporating a TE into the passing offense vs. primarily utilizing them as in-line players. 

This years crop of TE's available in the draft appears to be pretty deep so they do have options outside of a trade.

Either way, I think they pick up another TE as they have only Chris Baker as an experienced TE on the roster, assuming Watson won't be back.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Say no to false start Adams.

Olsen would be great depending on the cost.  I am guessing a 2nd rd pick.  If it is a later one, I m all over it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

I wouldn't mind seeing Olsen in a Pats uniform.

People expected big things from him before they realized that the Bears had no real receivers to stretch the field for him and draw double coverage elsewhere.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

Olsen is a good te......Adams is a penalty machine............

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

In Response to Re: Flozell Adams and Olsen?:
    Olsen has been a borderline bust in Chicago so far, but to his defense he has played with 3 QBs and no real WR help.
    Posted by russgriswold

You mean the "borderline bust" who over the last two seasons has 114 receptions and 13 touchdowns despite having awful wide receivers around him and unstable quarterback play?

If that's a bust, show me 5 tight ends who aren't.  Olsen would be outstanding for the Pats if they ever decided to use a tight end in the passing game for once.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Who cares about TE's for the Pats...They never use them anyways.  The only question is can he block?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

YES great idea

lets take the rest of the leagues retreads and start them

that will help us win now!

Kaczur just signed an extention they must like him

Also, LeVoir is starter in other camps so why take someone like Adams who has been contepplating retirement and his commitment to football for the past two years

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

He was 31st overall in the draft, and was 10th in receptions and 4th in touchdowns among tight ends last year.  Also had almost identical numbers in 2008 so I'm not buying the Cutler argument.  Is he the best?  No, but he'd be a huge upgrade, and would probably put up even better numbers in a more stable situation.  Of course, this would require the Pats actually incorporating tight ends into the passing game, but Olsen is without question good enough to warrant a tweak of the offensive philosophy.

So basically as the 31st pick he makes less than 1 million a year and is in the top 10 in tight end numbers despite being in a bad situation.  I guess this is just an argument of semantics but using the word bust is a dramatic overstatement.  There are enough higher 1st round picks every year who can't even hold an NFL jock strap let alone put up those kind of numbers.  Those are busts. Olsen is a good tight end who could become a star in the near future.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

No to Flo.  Have you seen the guy play?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

If the Patriots don't think the TE they want to draft will be available when they want to draft their guy, then Greg Olsen is a good find,if they want a pass catching TE.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Who cares about TEs? The Pats don't use them. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

to say the Pats don't use tight ends is incorrect. Brady does not throw to a tight end whom he does not trust to be in the right spot, or will drop the ball. Olsen was/is billed as someone who runs very good routes and has excellant hands. He looks very Witten/Clarke ish. I think he would be outstanding in this offense, assuming he is allowed to run routes and not chip block due to the tackles inability to single man block. 
    I think at this stage of his career a #2 is a great value for the Pats, and his cap number seems reasonable. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

I wouldn't go with a 2....maybe a 3rd and 5th?  First 2 rounds are too important to this team at the moment.  They have too many holes to fill, especially on D. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

they don't have a 3rd this year

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

"False-Start" Flozell?   Um, NO.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bradythebest. Show Bradythebest's posts

I like Olsen! We need a TE where we can throw the ball once in a while. I was wondering why they didn't trade for Tony Gonzalez. He only costed 2nd round and he is top 5 talent still at his age. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

Any team with Devin Hester as a starting WR isn't letting Olsen go anywhere.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tedyaz22. Show tedyaz22's posts

First: 4/10/2009
    Last: 3/1/2010
    Ha! Ha! Ha!    at making basstard kids 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I wouldn't go with a 2....maybe a 3rd and 5th?  First 2 rounds are too important to this team at the moment.  They have too many holes to fill, especially on D. 
    Posted by adam4522
    They don't have either a 3rd or a fifth round pick this year.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Any team with Devin Hester as a starting WR isn't letting Olsen go anywhere.
    Posted by Cyberknot

Martz's offense doesn't feature the tight end.

Olsen could be available (sounded like it on National Football Post)