Football is a game right?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Football is a game right?

Roundup: Vikes’ Edwards directs frustration at Goodell

“I don’t see him out there getting hit or nothing like that,” Edwards told the Minneapolis Star Tribune last weekend. “The commissioner makes $9 million, so you tell me where the balance is? He doesn’t put his life on the line, he pushes a pen.”

A lack of a collective bargaining agreement would mean players can only become unrestricted free agents after six years of service instead of four. More than 200 players, including Edwards, would be affected by that change.

“It’s frustrating because we play this game to take care of our family and we eventually are at the team’s mercy of what they are going to do with us,” Edwards said.

I thought those in the military, cops, firefighters etc put their life on the line.  I didnt know playing a game for atleast 6 figures a year and sometimes 7 or 8 is putting your life on the line.  I know there is the chance of injury, but come on.   I am so glad this guy is NOT on our team.  I know VW wants his due contract, but he never made a dumb statement like that.  I hope we keep VW.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Re: Football is a game right?

I bet Korey Stringer's widow feels differently.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

That is the dumbest thing soemone culd ever say about playing football. And the truth is the commish is overpaid too.

That's why i like it when TB says "we're all overpaid"

No football player puts his life on the line, he plays cause he loves the gane and the benefit is he gets paid more than those who do put their life on the line

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Stringer didnt even die during a game. I am not trying to minimize his death, but anyone who trains super hard on a hot day could have had that occur.  And how does that compare to police, soldiers etc?  There is no comparison.  I would take dodging Ed Reed over dodging a bullet any day.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Billionaires versus millionaires, and the thousandaires lose.