Re: Football Scoring Contest - Playoff Thread
posted at 1/12/2014 9:12 PM EST
In response to nyjoseph's comment:
(through Divisional Round)
Player Team Points
coolade2 Colts 67
tcal2-* Chargers 44
PHILZONE686* Chiefs 44
ghostofjri37 Patriots 43
Quagmire3* Saints 41
AyyyBoston Broncos 24
Cyberknot* Eagles 24
irishfanatic 49ers 23
LuvsThosePats Seahawks 23
digger0862* Packers 20
56redsox* Bengals 10
jimmytantric* Panthers 10
* Player has been mathematically eliminated from the championship
Order Player Name Point Total
01 LuvsThosePats 510
02 AyyyBoston 505
03 ghostofjri37 490
04 digger0862 489
05 Cyberknot 472
06 Quagmire3 468
07 56redsox 460
08 irishfanatic 460
09 jimmytantric 459
10 coolade2 455
11 PHILZONE686 452
12 tcal2- 444
Congratulations to those who made the playoffs, and everyone else who played - particularly those who stuck through thick and thin for 17 weeks.
Summary of Playoffs from September thread:
These 12 people will be given one real playoff team whose playoff points they want. The regular season winner has the first choice of team, the second place finisher has the second choice and so on. The 12th place finisher is stuck with the last team not chosen, but still must choose a team* (see rules below). Regular season points do not count toward playoff totals. In case of a tie, the playoff champion will be the team that advances the furthest.
(Realize that teams that play in the wild-card round play an extra game. That's all part of the challenge. Does your team go 1 and done? So, for example, last year's playoff point winner was the Ravens at 124. The Ravens were in the wild-card round. They nearly lost to the Broncos in the 2nd round. So, strategy comes into play ... do you take a wild-card round team with the extra round and hope for a run to the Super Bowl, or do you go with a team that earns a bye that you expect to go all the way?)
The Season Champion is the player with the most playoff points when the Super Bowl is over.
Here's what each of you need to do:
1) Look at the "Order" column above to find your name.
2) Post your preference, IN ORDER, for the team you would most like to have; If you are ranked #1, you really only need to give me 1 team, since no one can pick before you; If you are ranked #10, give me your top 10 teams.
56redsox and irishfanatic tied for 07/08. These 2 players should give me a list of 8 teams.
3) Do not wait for everyone ranked higher than you to post your list. Doing this could cause you to miss the deadline. The deadline for posting is 12PM EDT Saturday Jan. 4th.
If you want to keep your selection private until the deadline you can send an email to:
If you use this method please do 3 things:
1) Post a note on this thread telling me to check for email
2) Identify your BDC name in the email
3) Send the email before the deadline
I will post these selections in this thread after the deadline.
Some more rules:
1) I will assign teams to game players by looking at their list in order from top to bottom. So, even if you are ranked #5, for example, you may get assigned a team that you ranked higher if no one above you took them.
2) The tie between 56redsox and irishfanatic will probably resolve itself under Rule 1, above. If all else fails I will flip a coin and 1 guy will get #7 and the other will get #8.
3) Anyone failing to post a list will not get a team
4) Once you post your list it is final.
5) If you have any questions, post them BEFORE you post your list.
This thread will be the final thread for this contest, through all rounds of the playoffs. I will post updated standings after each round.
Should be interesting the rest of the way-Obviously One of the four teams left will win the Title! Unless we start seing 6-3 scores which I highly doubt? Good luck to the last 5