Football Scoring Contest - Week 11

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

Football Scoring Contest - Week 11

Rules:

(1) Pick one NFL team each week
    (2) You can not pick the same team twice (similar to survivor/knockout)
    (3) You receive the number of points equal to what your team scored
    (4) Your selection must be logged before kickoff of the game you choose
    (5) The Regular Season winner is the person with the most points at the end of the 16-game season
     6) Every participant will select one BYE week.  You can choose any week you want.  You don't need to select that week in advance. If you fail to make a selection by Kickoff time and you have not used your BYE week, then you will automatically get a BYE for that week.
     7) Playoffs:  The top 12 participants by points at the end of the regular season will make the playoffs. Then, those 12 people will pick the one real playoff team whose playoff points they want.  The regular season winner picks first, the second place finisher picks second and so on. The 12th place finisher is stuck with the last team not chosen.  Regular season points do not count toward playoff totals. In case of a tie, the playoff champion will be the team that advances the furthest.
    8) If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten.

Games for Week 11: (note there is a Thursday game this week - Colts @ Titans)

http://www.nfl.com/schedules/2013/REG11

Registered Players, Standings and Used Picks:  (be sure to check here for teams you have already used)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApTac4mgdC6ldHJMYUZ0eUdlbnA1b01DRHE1WEdROGc&usp=sharing

The Saints (49) had the most points this week.  Only digger0862 had the Saints - well done!   The next best point total was available by taking the Rams (38), but no one took the Rams.  AyyyBoston has ended Coolade2's 3 week reign at the top by a single pointAyyyBoston is also the leader of game players who have taken a BYE.  At this point, I'd say he is the player to beat, but if you look at my picks my opinion shouldn't count for much.  Someone needs to explain to me how I wound up with 8 stinkin' points by taking the Colts at home in a dome.

Pic Winner for Weekdigger0862 wins for a 2nd consecutive week.  Gotta love the All-American girl who gets mud-splattered and still has a smile on her face.

Here are the top 12 right now (top 12 at the end of the season make the playoffs):

Player Name      Point Total
    AyyyBoston           309
    coolade2             308
    56redsox             303
    PatsEng              301
    Cyberknot            294
    NEGAME2              291
    jimmytantric         289
    TFB12                277
    digger0862           274
    ghostofjri37         272
    LuvsThosePats        265
    PHILZONE686          261

BYE Week Leaders  Point Total

AyyyBoston           309
    Cyberknot            294
    jimmytantric         289
    TFB12                277
    digger0862           274
    ghostofjri37         272
    LuvsThosePats        265
    PHILZONE686          261
    mrmojo1120           257
    tcal2-               256
    Iceman4              252
    Quagmire3            251

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Re: Football Scoring Contest - Week 11

Ayyyyyy...  It was great to be on top,  but ALAS it had to end like all good things...(sigh)... but reminds me of that song:

"I get knocked down, but I get up again...You're never gonna keep me down..."   lol..  Fun contest.   Thanks to NYJoseph.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:

Ayyyyyy...  It was great to be on top,  but ALAS it had to end like all good things...(sigh)... but reminds me of that song:

"I get knocked down, but I get up again...You're never gonna keep me down..."   lol..  Fun contest.   Thanks to NYJoseph.

Haha it is only one point...I cannot get comfortable yet! Every pick will be critical from here on out.

NY, can I PM you my pick once I decide? I have an idea of who I want, but I think I want to keep it private this week if possible.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Seattle for me this week. Thanks!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Give me the Pats please

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

At a way to pick 'em, TFB!  Eye candy!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

At a way to pick 'em, TFB!  Eye candy!!!

LOL!

Did I say I want the lions?

(picture removed)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Arizona for me this week please.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Haha it is only one point...I cannot get comfortable yet! Every pick will be critical from here on out.

NY, can I PM you my pick once I decide? I have an idea of who I want, but I think I want to keep it private this week if possible.

[/QUOTE]

I don't think PM has been working for a month or so.  It doesn't work for me.  When I try to use it it keeps asking me to register or log in, even though I'm already logged in.  Don't hold your breath waiting for John Henry to fix it - he's saving his pennies for RS Free Agency.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to nyjoseph's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't think PM has been working for a month or so.  It doesn't work for me.  When I try to use it it keeps asking me to register or log in, even though I'm already logged in.  Don't hold your breath waiting for John Henry to fix it - he's saving his pennies for RS Free Agency.

[/QUOTE]

Lol. No problem. I am still trying to decide so I will post it when I decide.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Damn I suck at this game.  It's like every time I pick a team they have their lowest point output of the year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

Damn I suck at this game.  It's like every time I pick a team they have their lowest point output of the year.

[/QUOTE]

Wings&Flaps&Shaved Mug Womp Nice Love It......Smile..........

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Let me tell you a little story ...

I picked the Chargers and they actually DID have their lowest total of the year

I picked the Colts and they scored 8 points at HOME (in a freakin DOME)

I picked the Giants and they were SHUT OUT

So, tcal, I would normally muster up a lot of sympathy for your plight.  But you are ahead of me by 80 points.

Warning to the rest of the players:  Stay away from my pick this week unless you want to suffer along with me ...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to nyjoseph's comment:

Pic Winner for Weekdigger0862 wins for a 2nd consecutive week.  Gotta love the All-American girl who gets mud-splattered and still has a smile on her face.

I'm not beating this week's pics by TFB12 and tcal, though.

Also, you picked the right team this week.

http://prod.images.eagles.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/EAGLES/assets/images/imported/PHI/photos/clubimages/2013/11-November/temp111413_06--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?width=960&height=720

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LuvsThosePats. Show LuvsThosePats's posts

I'll take the Seahawks this week.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Great one again Cyberknot.  I had to work at it but I got it............

Spoiler Alert for those who don't want to know the answer to Cyberknots picture riddle yet... skip my post!

Picture 1 - That is Aussie model Shanay Hall on the beach with a horse PHILLY

Picture 2 - You have to tell me where you got that picture as it is a very specific picture.  It is of a Welsh Terrier but that might be too easy.  Could it be a picture of a Dingle?  A Dingle is a deep narrow cleft between hills also called a DELL.

Picture 3 - is a sign from Viking Ocean Front Motel in Myrtle Beach.  But could it be "Cheap" or $39 is the FEE

Picture 4 - AAAAAHHHHH

Picture 5 - is a frog EGG

Picture 6 - Is a LES Paul Guitar

Answer: Philadelphia Eagles

Fantastic one Cyberknot!  Bravo!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to 56redsox's comment:

Wings&Flaps&Shaved Mug Womp Nice Love It......Smile..........

LMAO!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Great one again Cyberknot.  I had to work at it but I got it............

Spoiler Alert for those who don't want to know the answer to Cyberknots picture riddle yet... skip my post!

Picture 1 - That is Aussie model Shanay Hall on the beach with a horse PHILLY

Picture 2 - You have to tell me where you got that picture as it is a very specific picture.  It is of a Welsh Terrier but that might be too easy.  Could it be a picture of a Dingle?  A Dingle is a deep narrow cleft between hills also called a DELL.

Picture 3 - is a sign from Viking Ocean Front Motel in Myrtle Beach.  But could it be "Cheap" or $39 is the FEE

Picture 4 - AAAAAHHHHH

Picture 5 - is a frog EGG

Picture 6 - Is a LES Paul Guitar

Answer: Philadelphia Eagles

Fantastic one Cyberknot!  Bravo!!

[/QUOTE]

good work ...  I think you nailed it.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

good work ...  I think you nailed it.  

Thanks! It's about time I nail one, lol!! Right? You got last weeks, and I believe nyjoseph got the first 2.  Cyberknot has the pictures down to a sweet science.  He is great with this.  Thanks cyberknot, this a ton of fun on top of a ton of fun playing in this contest. 2 fun games in 1!  So thank you too nyjoseph. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LuvsThosePats. Show LuvsThosePats's posts

Hey guys -- no more beaver shots please.  There are a few gals on the board here, and it is unnerving to see that stuff.  Thanks for your consideration.   LTP

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to LuvsThosePats' comment:

Hey guys -- no more beaver shots please.  There are a few gals on the board here, and it is unnerving to see that stuff.  Thanks for your consideration.   LTP

Sorry LTP, you are right.  We need to tone it down a little.  I will use better judgement in the future. Sorry if I offended you previously and please let me know if I post anything in the future that is offensive and I will immediately remove it.

Sorry to NEGAME also.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to LuvsThosePats' comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUO

Sorry LTP, you are right.  We need to tone it down a little.  I will use better judgement in the future. Sorry if I offended you previously and please let me know if I post anything in the future that is offensive and I will immediately remove it.

Sorry to NEGAME also.

[/QUOTE]

I'm living in the Big Boys world--doesn't bother me.