Football Scoring Contest - Week 8

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

Football Scoring Contest - Week 8

Rules:

(1) Pick one NFL team each week
    (2) You can not pick the same team twice (similar to survivor/knockout)
    (3) You receive the number of points equal to what your team scored
    (4) Your selection must be logged before kickoff of the game you choose
    (5) The Regular Season winner is the person with the most points at the end of the 16-game season
     6) Every participant will select one BYE week.  You can choose any week you want.  You don't need to select that week in advance. If you fail to make a selection by Kickoff time and you have not used your BYE week, then you will automatically get a BYE for that week.
     7) Playoffs:  The top 12 participants by points at the end of the regular season will make the playoffs. Then, those 12 people will pick the one real playoff team whose playoff points they want.  The regular season winner picks first, the second place finisher picks second and so on. The 12th place finisher is stuck with the last team not chosen.  Regular season points do not count toward playoff totals. In case of a tie, the playoff champion will be the team that advances the furthest.
    8) When life gives you lemons, find someone whose life gave them tequila.

Games for Week 8: (note there is a Thursday game this week - Panthers @ Bucs)

http://www.nfl.com/schedules/2013/REG8

Registered Players, Standings and Used Picks:  (be sure to check here for teams you have already used)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApTac4mgdC6ldHJMYUZ0eUdlbnA1b01DRHE1WEdROGc&usp=sharing

The best points for the week were available in the Skins-Bears game.   Skins had 45 and Bears 41.  No game player took either team.   Coolade2 had the most points for the week (39) by selecting the Colts.  That made Coolade2 our new leader - the 4th leader through 7 weeks.  Cyberknot is the leader of game players who have taken a BYE and is only 11 points off the overall lead.

Pic Winner for Week 7tcal2- comes up with the 3-peat.   Tough to do, especially with the best contributions of the season.  That young lady was accessorized (you can take that any way you want).

Here are the top 12 right now (top 12 at the end of the season make the playoffs):

Player Name           Point Total

coolade2         230
    56redsox         228
    PHILZONE686      220
    Cyberknot        219
    NEGAME2          217
    PatsEng          212
    Quagmire3        210
    TFB12            208
    AyyyBoston       203
    digger0862       201
    ghostofjri37     196
    LuvsThosePats    189

Top 12 for those who have used the BYE

Cyberknot        219
    AyyyBoston       203
    jimmytantric     186
    freediro         181
    tcal2-           173
    thehub           171
    aytee            160
    Muzwell          151
    mrmojo1120       133
    PATSchampsSB     121
    nyjoseph         106
    Philskiw1        102

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Football Scoring Contest - Week 8

Time to put an end to this

Pic Winner for Week 7tcal2- comes up with the 3-peat.   Tough to do, especially with the best contributions of the season.  That young lady was accessorized (you can take that any way you want).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

San Fran for me sir.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

Seattle please. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from irishfanatic. Show irishfanatic's posts

49's please

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

For me please.

Also,since game 1 of the World Series is on tonight,GO

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Give me the 49ers

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

In response to Cyberknot's comment:

OK.  I'm going to need some players to help me with this one.  First off, let me say I am a big fan of Cyberknot's work.  He is one clever fellow!  But, I'm man enough to say he's stumped me with this one.  I'm not giving up mind you.   I love this sort of thing.  But, you gotta ask for help when you're in over your head.   So, if anyone can solve this before Cyberknot jumps back in - have at it!

Here's what I have so far. 

Pic 1:  Hmm ... looks like a scene from Carnival in Rio or Mardi Gras in NOLA.  So, that makes me think he's picking the Saints, but then the next 2 pics don't seem to fit.  Does the tambourine mean something?  My working solution: Brazil

Pic 2: This looks like a drift net for fishing.   Or should I be focused on the water?  My working solution: Drift

Pic 3:  Who is this dude?  If I knew who he was the rest would fall into place - don't ya think?  Judging from the quality of the picture, the fact that no one gets dressed up like that anymore for an outdoor solo, the collar style of the shirt etc., I'd say this photo was taken around the 1920's or 1930's.  He is too slight of build to be an athlete.  He could be an author, Titan of industry, or Nazi.   So, the Titan thing is a stretch and would lead to the possibility of the Tenn. Titans, but then the other 2 pics don't seem to fit.  And TENN is on bye week.  So, for now he's just a "man".  I'm going to take liberties here and pluralize that to "men".  My working solution:  Men

So, what I have right now is the Brazilian Driftmen.  Either that sneak Roger Goodell has created an expansion franchise in South America or my guess is wrong.  I'm obviously verry close.  I'll keep working.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Ok, nyjoseph I'm with you.  I can not figure this one out.

1st picture is Rio Carnival

2nd picture is a Fishing net

3rd Picture is Thomas Stearns Eliot (T.S. Eliot)

BTW, I like your guess, any idea who will QB the new expansion team Brazilian Driftmen?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

car dina ls

carnival

fishing for dinner

don't know who he is but his iniitals must be L S

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to NEGAME2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

car dina ls

carnival

fishing for dinner

[/QUOTE]

NEGAME, you are awesome!

Cardinals was a guess of mine too but I just couldn't put it together like you just did.  Well Done. LOL @ dina!! 

But I don't think that is it.  If you look at his previous weeks pictures they were not as cryptic as Car dina ls would be.  Plus why the heck would he choose the Cardianls this week? 

Can we get a ruling here cyberknot.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

car dina ls

carnival

fishing for dinner

[/QUOTE]

NEGAME, you are awesome!

Cardinals was a guess of mine too but I just couldn't put it together like you just did.  Well Done. LOL @ dina!! 

But I don't think that is it.  If you look at his previous weeks pictures they were not as cryptic as Car dina ls would be.  Plus why the heck would he choose the Cardianls this week? 

[/QUOTE]
     if you look at all the teams who else could it be.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

car dina ls

carnival

fishing for dinner

[/QUOTE]

NEGAME, you are awesome!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's why I am so baffled.  It has to be.... but it can't be, lol!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

car dina ls

carnival

fishing for dinner

[/QUOTE]

NEGAME, you are awesome!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's why I am so baffled.  It has to be.... but it can't be, lol!!

[/QUOTE]

You guys are great!   I don't feel quite so bad knowing that it isn't so obvious. 

TFB12, T.S. Eliot looks like Pic 3 for sure.   Nice going!   How on earth did you know that?  I kinda wish his name was "Bill" though because in some wild configuration I was going with "Buff" for Pic1 and "Bill" for Pic3, leading to the Buffalo Bills.  And, now I can't seem to make T.S. Eliot fit either.  Is he saying we should only take the "TS"?  That could mean only the Saints or Jets (the only teams not on BYE that he hasn't already chosen).   Pic1 and Pic3 would fit the Saints.  Pic1 = New Orleans;  Pic3 = TS.   Pic2 = "sain"?  I dunno.

NEGAME, I like your thinking.  We'll wait for others or Cyberknot to confirm this puzzle.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

I will take Seattle --thanks

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

[QUOTE]

BTW, I like your guess, any idea who will QB the new expansion team Brazilian Driftmen?

[/QUOTE]

The Driftmen are drafting 1st I assume.  So the Pats can trade Mallett for the overall #1.  Make it so!

Nice photo contributions by the way.  I probably shouldn't bring this up, but you used the bottom photo last year as well (nothing wrong with that).   She is just my type.  Let her know the next time you see her.  Anyway, last year you and I went back and forth with her photo with me claiming she is hiding wooden teeth and you making a feeble attempt to prove otherwise.  Now, if the top photo is also the same young lady is it not a bit too coincidental that the iPhone is directly in front of her mouth, and hiding those same wooden teeth?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to nyjoseph's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You guys are great!   I don't feel quite so bad knowing that it isn't so obvious. 

TFB12, T.S. Eliot looks like Pic 3 for sure.   Nice going!   How on earth did you know that?  I kinda wish his name was "Bill" though because in some wild configuration I was going with "Buff" for Pic1 and "Bill" for Pic3, leading to the Buffalo Bills.  And, now I can't seem to make T.S. Eliot fit either.  Is he saying we should only take the "TS"?  That could mean only the Saints or Jets (the only teams not on BYE that he hasn't already chosen).   Pic1 and Pic3 would fit the Saints.  Pic1 = New Orleans;  Pic3 = TS.   Pic2 = "sain"?  I dunno.

NEGAME, I like your thinking.  We'll wait for others or Cyberknot to confirm this puzzle.

[/QUOTE]

Some good thinking going on here with you and NEGAME.  I don't want this one to end just yet, it's a good one.

Picture # 1 - I will be disappointed if it is New Orleans because clearly it is RIO Carnival.

Picture # 2 - Could be Fishing net, deep sea fishing net, deep water fishing net or even casting net.

Picture # 3 and to answer your question - I remember reading T.S. Eliot "Waste Land" in school and had to do a report on it.  The interesting thing is that when you do an image search for T.S. Eliot  that picture cyberknot posted does not come up right away, you really have to search for it.  But when you do an image search for Thomas Stearns Eliot the picture comes up as one of the first choices.   So is Cyberknot using that picture as a clue for one of his writings or for TS?  If he typed in T.S. Eliot in an image search he would have used a different picture, maybe.  Get what I am saying?

I know, we are reading way to much into this one.  Hahaha, I'm starting to thing NEGAME has it nailed.  The only thing that is stopping me is why on earth would anyone pick the Cardinals, especially since he is in the running for the top spot.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The Driftmen are drafting 1st I assume.  So the Pats can trade Mallett for the overall #1.  Make it so!

Nice photo contributions by the way.  I probably shouldn't bring this up, but you used the bottom photo last year as well (nothing wrong with that).   She is just my type.  Let her know the next time you see her.  Anyway, last year you and I went back and forth with her photo with me claiming she is hiding wooden teeth and you making a feeble attempt to prove otherwise.  Now, if the top photo is also the same young lady is it not a bit too coincidental that the iPhone is directly in front of her mouth, and hiding those same wooden teeth?

[/QUOTE]

Have you heard rumors on Mallet to the Driftmen??

Hahaha, great memory on the photo, I was curious if you would remember.  Yes, I did use it last year and I will use it every year for the 49'ers pick because it is a picture I had taken, lol!!!  I have a few others too.  Maybe I will post them later.  I remembered the discussion we had on the wooden teeth, I then posted a picture of her smiling showing her teeth and you joked that they were not her real teeth.   And now you have me rolling on the floor about the iphone covering her mouth in the first picture!!  Bravo!!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Far right, white teeth, no they are not photoshopped in.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

last year....

ME:  Posted picture

YOU: TFB12:  Since you questioned another contributor's photo last week ... remember the "vampire" comment? ... I have to ask ... is this fine lady hiding wooden teeth???

Gorgeous woman, but she seems to be going out of her way to hide something.  But, gorgeous woman.

ME:  She had just put on some really wet and slippery looking lip gloss right before I took that picture!  I think she was trying to tell me something.

Oh, and by no means did I mean any disrespect to the person posting the vampire chick, she was still hot!  Some of those Vampires on true blood series were hot too!

ME: (after posting second picture) As you can see she has some pretty pearl white teeth!

YOU:  See ... even in this photo you see like 2/3 teeth.  The rest of her mouth is in shadow.  Coincidence?  Just having fun with you TFB12.  You are the best!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hahaha, great memory on the photo, I was curious if you would remember.  Yes, I did use it last year and I will use it every year for the 49'ers pick because it is a picture I had taken, lol!!!  I have a few others too.  Maybe I will post them later.  I remembered the discussion we had on the wooden teeth, I then posted a picture of her smiling showing her teeth and you joked that they were not her real teeth.   And now you have me rolling on the floor about the iphone covering her mouth in the first picture!!  Bravo!!!!

[/QUOTE]

Ha!   It is the New Orleans Saints!

There is a fishing net called the "seine" net.  From my French in school the pronounciation  would roughly fit the equivalent of "sain".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seine_fishing

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

There is a fishing net called the "seine" net.  From my French in school the pronounciation  would roughly fit the equivalent of "sain".

Well Done nyjoseph.

Ok, Cyberknot that was a good one.

Cyberknot was throwing us off with the RIO Carnival photo, but that is also a mardi gras celebration, he was getting a little tricky with that.  Better start thinking about next weeks now, I expect a even harder one after this.  You have upped the standards now.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Green Bay please

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]