For the Dungy Lovers @ BDC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

For the Dungy Lovers @ BDC

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/26/dungys-hands-on-role-with-vick-has-ended/

Dungy caught a lot of heat on this forum for getting involved with Michael Vick.  Many here suggested not only that Dungy "sought out Vick", but also that his reasons for doing so were merely to selfishly enhance his own public persona.  

Per this little tidbit, it appears that NFL actually asked Dungy to mentor Vick.  And, only after privately consulting with and receiving permission from his new employer, NBC, about whether or not his involvement with Vick would been construed as some kind of conflict of interest, did Dungy actually accept the NFL's request. 

You'll have to find something else to bash Dungy about.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Re: For the Dungy Lovers @ BDC

I honestly don't care what Dungy did/does with Vick.  Even though he was a Colts Coach, he still remains one of the classiest, smartest, and greatest coaches in the NFL.  I have nothing but pure respect for Tony Dungy.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Well, I guess those of us who have maintained all along that Polian, Dungy and Manning have had the NFL in their pocket all along should be coming out of the woodwork right . . .

about . . .

now . . .

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

In Response to Re: For the Dungy Lovers @ BDC:
    [QUOTE]I honestly don't care what Dungy did/does with Vick.  Even though he was a Colts Coach, he still remains one of the classiest, smartest, and greatest coaches in the NFL.  I have nothing but pure respect for Tony Dungy.  
    Posted by titletownfan[/QUOTE]

You forgot to mention how wonderful his balls taste.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: For the Dungy Lovers @ BDC : You forgot to mention how wonderful his balls taste.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

Well this is a curious post.  I am wondering how you know and why you would share that you do? 

TMI PMike, TMI.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Keep 'em guessing.

That's what I say.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OscarGamble. Show OscarGamble's posts

I certainly have respect for Dungy as well but at what point did he become the conscience of the league? Just wondering. Not to sound too callous but if another coach (BB in particular) had experienced the family tragedy Dungy had a few years ago, I have zero doubt this extremely cynical media would've, in some manner, questioned his parenting skills. Snide, under-the-breath comments at minimum, and for all I know, it could've gotten a lot worse. When NBC makes incest jokes about Sarah Palin's pregnant teenage daughter on Saturday Night Live, all questions I might've had about the dirtbag element in the media had been addressed. If they've concluded they're against you, they'll mess with you however possible. Period.
    I know Tony Dungy is a good man. But he helps to "save" Michael Vick....and then disowns him as soon as he drinks a vodka & pineapple in public? What the hell sense does that make?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Well said, Oscar.

I believe the word you are looking for is "hypocrite."

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

And now for the infinite NEP fan whine - (with sniffles please) "How come Dungy is revered but Belichick isn't?"

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSNYFAN. Show PATSNYFAN's posts

IS THIS GUY KIDDING ME? WHO CARES ABOUT DUNGYS RELATIONSHIP WITH VICK---DOES ANYONE CARE?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Revered?

Boy, somebody sure sold you a bill of goods.

I couldn't say with any degree of accuracy what passes for "reverence" among the cornrows, but Mr. Belichick is a football coach, and if you think he's not the most respected professional football coach on this planet, then you are more than a homer, you have sincerely crossed over into that fabled land beyond Denial.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

PMike,

Actually its the perfect word.  Offered for free right here on BDC by pats fans just like you.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

dogg,

You should know better.

I can be respectful of your position as the worthy opponent. No great team ascends and no great fan crows convincingly without one -- but for you to suggest that some itinerant blowbag on this forum who deigns to buy Dungy's snake oil is "just like me" . . .

well . . .

I already said you should know better.

I'll just leave it at that.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Mike - Not suggesting you bought it, but rather have offered it. 

Some here (and maybe not you) immediately want to do the belichick/dungy comparison (as Oscar did) the moment Dungy's name is mentioned. 

My comments had nothing to do with Belichick.  Why Pats fans immediately want to bring Belichick into the conversation even when the post had nothing to do with him is beyond me. 

Besides, Belichick and Dungy are two very different people.  I don't know how much Dungy cares about what people think of him, but it is clear that he tries to present himself in a respectful light. 

On the other, I would say Belichick could care less.  It is my take that Belichick would prefer the general public to simply leave him alone, reputation be damned.  So be it.  Thus, why all the teeth gnashing about Dungy and the lovefest for him when your beloved coach prefers the exact opposite.

Sounds to me like pats fans want to have their cake and eat it too - even if it disagrees with Belichick.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to For the Dungy Lovers @ BDC:
    [QUOTE]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/26/dungys-hands-on-role-with-vick-has-ended/ Dungy caught a lot of heat on this forum for getting involved with Michael Vick.  Many here suggested not only that Dungy "sought out Vick", but also that his reasons for doing so were merely to selfishly enhance his own public persona.   Per this little tidbit, it appears that NFL actually asked Dungy to mentor Vick.  And, only after privately consulting with and receiving permission from his new employer, NBC, about whether or not his involvement with Vick would been construed as some kind of conflict of interest, did Dungy actually accept the NFL's request.  You'll have to find something else to bash Dungy about.
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

Dungy is obviously a good man. He quit coaching in the NFL for the opportunity to work with people at a disadvantage. I wonder how many people would do something like that? Anybody who has anything negative to say about him obviously just doesn't like him.

If only he was as good at coaching as he is at taking advantage of others mistakes for self glorification, he might have won a few more games. OH SHIIIIIT

See Underdogg I can be silly in my statements too.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

[QUOTE]And now for the infinite NEP fan whine - (with sniffles please) "How come Dungy is revered but Belichick isn't?"

This is your post, dogg.

Can you see it?

Now remind me again how you weren't the one who brought Belichick into it?

See . . . this is why a lot of the mean kids around here don't like you.

Because you're full of sh!t.

Me?

I like to keep an open mind, and you actually make a good point when you say that Belichick would rather be left alone. All he wants to do is coach the team. He's not a salesman. He doesn't have a product (unless maybe it's Tom Brady), and if the media went away tomorrow I think Belichick might actually smile (although this is mere speculation, as I believe no such thing has ever been recorded). The only reason Dungy and Belichick are grilled on the same barbecue here is because the Colts are the only team that has consistently given Belichick's Pats' fits (I would throw Mike Shanahan in here, and if you think about it, his team has effectively eliminated the Pats from Super Bowl contention in the playoffs exactly as many times as Dungy's has), and rivalry is a good thing.

I think many Pats' fans are correct in assuming that all Belichick wants to be is a football coach (above and beyond his private life), and our (okay . . .  "my") biggest criticism of Dungy is that he aspires to heights that reading X's and O's may not entitle him.

Now, it's all well and good if Jesus has decreed that Tony Dungy must, above all else, save Michael Vick from the evils of the NFL . . .   or save the NFL from the evils of Bill Belichick . . .   or save evil from the Michaels of guardian . . .

Well . . .  obviously I'm getting confused. But I think my point was that in any comparison between the two, you want to present Dungy as an "activist" and Belichick as a "football coach,"  which is fine, so long as you admit that one of them is better at the one thing they both did and has no interest in the other thing.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Mike - hopefully you will see that the post of mine you presented as evidence against me was in response to the email from Oscar who FIRST brought up Belichick.

Call me full of sh!t if you like (I've been called worse and sometimes it is accurate) but your words would carry more weight if you had your facts straight.  

Now in response to your more thoughtful words, I wonder what qualifications one requires in order to entitle him to aspire to the heights you suggest Dungy is seeking? 

As for admitting that Belichick is a better coach than Dungy, I don't have a problem with that, and I am the one who brought up the fact that Belichick only wants to be a coach (yours were an add-in after).  It is exactly the reason why I have a problem understanding those here who want to whine about the public reverence (yup, there's that word again) shown for Dungy as something more than just a football coach. 

Why should you care?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

In Response to For the Dungy Lovers @ BDC:
    [QUOTE]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/26/dungys-hands-on-role-with-vick-has-ended/ Dungy caught a lot of heat on this forum for getting involved with Michael Vick.  Many here suggested not only that Dungy "sought out Vick", but also that his reasons for doing so were merely to selfishly enhance his own public persona.   Per this little tidbit, it appears that NFL actually asked Dungy to mentor Vick.  And, only after privately consulting with and receiving permission from his new employer, NBC, about whether or not his involvement with Vick would been construed as some kind of conflict of interest, did Dungy actually accept the NFL's request.  You'll have to find something else to bash Dungy about.

Undy - No offense but...Why do you post stuff about Dungy (who isn't even the coach of 'your' team now) on a Patriots discussion board? Just curious. I mean it seems like you are overly vested in everything "Dungy", for whatever reason. JMO of course. 

Beyond that, I still find it pathetic that Vick needs a 'mentor'. Grown man that doesn't know right from wrong. Sad.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OscarGamble. Show OscarGamble's posts

My observation was scornful of the thoroughly compromised media, much moreso than a BB vs. Dungy situation. Dungy can do now wrong in their eyes. He's been elevated to that of deity and, since they put him there, no one's allowed to question it. Imagine the sanctimonious backlash a writer would face if he dared question Dungy's parenting skills? Andy Reid's parenting was questioned BIG TIME in Philly a couple years ago. But feel free to address the actual point I made, if you choose.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

ahhh . . . dogg

You are an elusive one ( or at least you belive you are)

Oscar mentioned Belichick in passing (and in parenthesis). The quote I referenced had the word "revered" in it, which you -- and no one but you -- brought up. I would like to spend some time someday that is not today discussing whom these people are you seem to think revere this overblown hack so much -- but alas, that is another thread for another time. Saying that Oscar (or a gajillion posters before him) mentioning the name "Belichick" gives you free license to compare apples and oranges with the fallback position of "someone else brought it up first" is -- well I would say "disingenuous," but I'm going to stick to my initial observation and let you make of that what you will.

As for the "heights" to which Dungy aspires, I did not invent those. That is not whimsy on my part. He is the man who claims he wins "the Christian Way." He is the man who, it occurs to me now, has a "better purpose." And if I got a little carried away with hyperbole, you must excuse me -- the people I admire are more taciturn and less likely to invite such speculation as to who believes who is better than whom.

I like you underdogg.

I would rather debate someone like you (or even jbolt) than half the Kool-Aid drinking retards on this forum. But be careful trying to spin what I say. Your tax dollars trained me how to combat that (how funny is that?), and even had I not the full force of the federal decepticonscience behind me  . . .

I'd lie anyway.
    Cool

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

"You'll have to find something else to bash Dungy about." -Underdogg

This wont be hard Underdogg since Dungy is the biggest p*ssy in all of pro sports. Vick was just the latest thing he did to get us going but it was not teh first and it wont be the last. He cant keep his face out of the media so Im sure he will be "saving" Plaxico in no time. But even if he doesnt he is still a giant puss puss so we wont have a hard time bashing him so dont worry about it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

And did I mention that he is a huge p*ssy?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

the best way to avoid this is to post this thread on a colts board and stay the heck of the pats board.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

PMike -

Maybe I am just a dumba*s because I am not trying to be elusive, and maybe I just don't communicate well. 

My contention is pretty simple.  Most of the pats fans here want to bash Dungy.  And frequently it is read by me as nothing but pure jealousy.  There is a sense here that Dungy gets revered by the general public while Belichick gets blasted and it is incomprehensible to the pats fan. 

BDC'rs offer up the notion that Dungy is publicly revered (which he is) every time you complain about Dungy's positive public persona as if it were almost at the expense of Belichicks. 

The funniest thing about this to me is that Belichick could give 2 sh*ts about this.  At least that how he projects himself.  So why should a pats fan care?

Revered was my word.  No one else used it, and if that is what you meant by slippery, my apologies.  Revered is the word that comes to my mind when pissed off people here describe the public persona of Dungy.   

Its as if Pats fans here somehow think Dungy's postive perception is at the expense of Belichick.  Now granted, a couple of years ago at the height of spygate, ESPN's TMQ did to the Angel and Devil thing, but this was one writer.  You guys act like Dungy is the married televangelist caught cheating with another woman.  

This is unreviewed so it may be a mess but I have a meeting to catch.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSNYFAN. Show PATSNYFAN's posts

WHO'S DUNGY?---THE GUY HAS BECOME IRRELEVANT---WHO CARES