For those who can't watch Pats' games on TV

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanInOz. Show PatsFanInOz's posts

Re: For those who can't watch Pats' games on TV

If you live outside outside of the US and want to watch the Pats, or all the NFL games, check out gamepass.nfl.com. It's only available outside the US and gives you access to either all your teams games, or all NFL games for the season.

You can watch games live, or from an archive any time you want. It's not cheap, you don't get pre-season games (big deal) and they gaff you again if you want to see the the play-offs. If you have a decent internet connection, the quality is usually quite good. I'm in Australia (born in Boston, lived out in burbs most of my life, then moved to Sydney) so my wife and I watch the Pats on our Monday night, trying hard not to catch any news of the game that happened earlier that day.

The only thing I miss is the ability to turn down the TV announcers and listen to the play by play/color from Gil Santos and Gino Cappeletti on the radio.

@Fitz0527, whose sage advice was to move back to NE, or root for a local team. You must be a fair weather fan, mate. Once a Pats fan, always a Pats fan, regardless of where we choose to live. Besides, Aussie rules football, and rugby, or cricket just don't do it for me. Give me NFL, or gridiron as they call it here, any day.

Go Pats!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Re: For those who can't watch Pats' games on TV:
    better advice: move back to New England or if you're not from New England to begin try rooting for your local team...
    Posted by fitz0527

Not outside the realm of possibility.  While my current goal is to settle in near Monterey, CA, I'm making a trip back to NE this fall to show my better half and do a little sales job.  She's Czech so I think she'll like Boston.  It's as close to a European city as it gets in the US.  There are a lot of nice places to live in the US, but your home is always your home; nasty weather and all.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

Some one please educate me, with this sling box are you watching the game on your pc or tv. Also where do you find them??

Thanks.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Re: For those who can't watch Pats' games on TV:
    Some one please educate me, with this sling box are you watching the game on your pc or tv. Also where do you find them?? Thanks.
    Posted by southnpatsfan

You watch it on your PC, or iPhone, or iPad.  I've been watching it on my iPad.  The PC version is a little better though.  They are working on a device that will hook up to a TV.  I bought mine at Best Buy, but they also sell them on Amazon.

For folks living outside of NE but still have friends and relatives back there that will allow a SlingBox hooked up to one of their cable boxes, there is nothing better.  Not only for the games, but to be able to watch the local programming.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

carawydj,

Thanks guy!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrogLegs. Show FrogLegs's posts

@PatsFanInOz: thx for the info. You write about a "decent internet connection". What speed do you think would be fitting? Just curious.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

I live in South-Eastern CT and usually get all the games. However, I'm a little worried because when the Jets started to do well they put them over the Pats. I'm very close to RI and the majority of people that live in my area are Pats and Sox fans, but the western side of the state is all NY. I really hope they don't start putting the Jets over the Pats here, but I wouldn't be surprised if they do. I'll have to keep this thread in the back of my head as the season starts.

I hate CT... as soon as I graduate college I'm going to start looking for jobs in Mass or Maine where a large amount of my family lives and where I've spent many years of my life.