For what player would you trade both 1st rounders and the #48 pick?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonardo0110. Show leonardo0110's posts

For what player would you trade both 1st rounders and the #48 pick?

Trent Richardson
    Morris Claiborne
    Matt Kalil
    Melvin Ingram
    Quinton Coples
    Fletcher Cox( I forgot to add him )

These are the players considered to be in the top 10 picks after luck and RG3 I didn't include blackmon because we really don't need a WR specially this early in the draft and he doesn't have the impact level of the ones mentioned above.

I know is a long shot that BB makes this move considering the team's needs, but if it were to happen who is the best pick out of the players listed above and why? The two 1st rounders and the #48 will land them in the 5-10 range making the Rams one of the better trade partners and possibly the Browns. With that in mind, Morris Claiborne, Matt Kalil, and Trent Richardson are the safest bet of hitting it big and worth it of such trade. Melvin Ingram to me is not a top 5 pick maybe in the 10-20 range, and Quinton Coples could be one of  the biggest bust in this draft unless BB unlocks his amazing potential. 

Trent Richardson is the home run pick here, I know we have 3 Rb's but imagine how tough this offense would be to defend with Richardson in the backfield. He could be the next AP, plus he will help us protect Brady a bit more and lengthen his productive years.

My second pick would be Matt Kalil for obvious reasons.

Your thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: For what player would you trade both 1st rounders and the #48 pick?

None.  The only player on that list that intrigues me is Ingram and I don't think you would need to trade 3 picks to get him.

While I think Richardson, Kalil and Claiborne will be good players I don't think the positions they play justifiy spending that much given the current roster.

I'm not sure where Coples would play and he seems to me to be a guy who does not take full advantage of his considerable athletic gifts.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to For what player would you trade both 1st rounders and the #48 pick?:
    [QUOTE]Trent Richardson Morris Claiborne Matt Kalil Melvin Ingram Quinton Coples These are the players considered to be in the top 10 picks after luck and RG3 I didn't include blackmon because we really don't need a WR specially this early in the draft and he doesn't have the impact level of the ones mentioned above. I know is a long shot that BB makes this move considering the team's needs, but if it were to happen who is the best pick out of the players listed above and why? The two 1st rounders and the #48 will land them in the 5-10 range making the Rams one of the better trade partners and possibly the Browns. With that in mind, Morris Claiborne, Matt Kalil, and Trent Richardson are the safest bet of hitting it big and worth it of such trade. Melvin Ingram to me is not a top 5 pick maybe in the 10-20 range, and Quinton Coples could be one of  the biggest bust in this draft unless BB unlocks his amazing potential.  Trent Richardson is the home run pick here, I know we have 3 Rb's but imagine how tough this offense would be to defend with Richardson in the backfield. He could be the next AP, plus he will help us protect Brady a bit more and lengthen his productive years. My second pick would be Matt Kalil for obvious reasons. Your thoughts?  
    Posted by leonardo0110[/QUOTE]

I don't think that you're looking at this properly. Other than Kalil or Richardson, none of the players you list are worth considering giving up the 27th, 31st, and 48th picks. But, I would trade those picks away in a NY minute for QBs Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin, III, Kalil, and possibly Richardson. Here's why:

1.) Andrew Luck: He'd be the perfect replacement for Tom Brady. Luck has similar skill sets...except he's a better athlete. Don't know if he has Tom's heart, though. Few do. But, football seems important to him. Luck would be the key to leading the Pats to continued success over the next decade.

2.) RG III:  A great prospect. He has a stronger arm than Luck or Brady, and is a better athlete than either. But, he doesn't fit the Pats' system, the way Luck would. The Pats would likely need to redesign their offense to fit his skills. RG III is such a great prospect that he's worth risking two low #1s, and a mid-range two.    

3.) Matt Kalil: This kid appears to be a stud LT. Those are hard to find. With Sebastien Vollmer's bad back, the Pats could plug him in at LT, and play Nate Solder at RT, if C-bass can't go. I'm very concerned about Vollmer's health situation. Kalil's potential as a pro-bowl LT for the next decade is worth two low #1s and a mid-range #2.

4.) RB Trent Richardson: Ordinarily, I'd never recommend making such a huge commitment in draft choices to land a RB. But, Richardson is a special player. Put him in the backfield with Tom Brady, and the Pats could have the most powerful, diverse offense in the game. Even if Richardson only gave the Pats 4-5 great years, it would likely mean another Lombardi or two at Patriots' Place: http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2012/04/trent_richardson_a_sure
    _thing.html

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonardo0110. Show leonardo0110's posts

In Response to Re: For what player would you trade both 1st rounders and the #48 pick?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to For what player would you trade both 1st rounders and the #48 pick? :      I don't think that you're looking at this properly. Other than Kalil, none of the players you list are worth considering giving up the 27th, 31st, and 48th picks. But, I would trade those picks away in a NY minute for QBs Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin, III, and Kalil. Here's why:      1.) Andrew Luck: He'd be the perfect replacement for Tom Brady. Luck has similar skill sets...except he's a better athlete. Don't know if he has Tom's heart, though. Few do. But, football seems important to him. Luck would be the key to leading the Pats to continued success over the next decade.      2.) RG III:  A great prospect. He has a stronger arm than Luck or Brady, and is a better athlete than either. But, he doesn't fit the Pats' system, the way Luck would. The Pats would likely need to redesign their offense to fit his skills. But, he's such a great prospect that he's worth risking two low #1s, and a mid-range two.          3.) Matt Kalil: This kid appears to be a stud LT. Those are hard to find. With Sebastien Vollmer's bad back, the Pats could plug him in at LT, and play Nate Solder at RT, if C-bass can't go. I'm very concerned about Vollmer's health situation. Kalil's potential as a pro-bowl LT for the next decade is worth two low #1s and a mid-range #2.
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

I didn't include Luck or RG3 because it will take more than that to land the #1 pick, since the #2 pick belongs to the redskins and after all they gave to be in that position it makes no sense to trade out of it now. I have the same opinion on Kalil but Richardson can have a much greater impact on the team than Kalil.
    Kalil can hold up against the best pass-rusher the game has to offer, but Trent can score you points, and that's what wins you games.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: For what player would you trade both 1st rounders and the #48 pick?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: For what player would you trade both 1st rounders and the #48 pick? : I didn't include Luck or RG3 because it will take more than that to land the #1 pick, since the #2 pick belongs to the redskins and after all they gave to be in that position it makes no sense to trade out of it now. I have the same opinion on Kalil but Richardson can have a much greater impact on the team than Kalil. Kalil can hold up against the best pass-rusher the game has to offer, but Trent can score you points, and that's what wins you games.

And a great LT keeps Tom Brady from being pressured and knocked silly...which also will lead to points being scored, and games being won.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: For what player would you trade both 1st rounders and the #48 pick? :      And a great LT keeps Tom Brady from being pressured and knocked silly...which also will lead to points being scored, and games being won.

And we just spent a 17th pick on a LT. Let Solder prove he can't handle the positions before trying to replace him at a massive cost

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonardo0110. Show leonardo0110's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: For what player would you trade both 1st rounders and the #48 pick? :      And a great LT keeps Tom Brady from being pressured and knocked silly...which also will lead to points being scored, and games being won.

I agree, but LT was not a problem for us last year, and there were games where if we had a stud RB (think SB) the outcome would of been much better than what they were. With a RB of Trent's caliber Brady will not be expose as much to the pounding he takes almost every time he drops back to throw, it reduces the chances of Brady getting injured. And as you said, having Richardson in the backfield will be a nightmare for opposing defensive coordinators, the offense will be close to unstoppable.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: For what player would you trade both 1st rounders and the #48 pick? : And we just spent a 17th pick on a LT. Let Solder prove he can't handle the positions before trying to replace him at a massive cost
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

Solder may be needed at RT because of Vollmer's back problems. Plus, the cost for the 3rd overall pick won't be nearly as "massive" as it would have been, before the imposition of the rookie salary cap.   

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: For what player would you trade both 1st rounders and the #48 pick? : I agree, but LT was not a problem for us last year, and there were games where if we had a stud RB (think SB) the outcome would of been much better than what they were. With a RB of Trent's caliber Brady will not be expose as much to the pounding he takes almost every time he drops back to throw, it reduces the chances of Brady getting injured. And as you said, having Richardson in the backfield will be a nightmare for opposing defensive coordinators, the offense will be close to unstoppable.

Matt Light will likely retire. So, it could become a problem, if Vollmer's back continues to act up.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: For what player would you trade both 1st rounders and the #48 pick? :      Solder may be needed at RT because of Vollmer's back problems. Plus, the cost for the 3rd overall pick won't be nearly as "massive" as it would have been, before the imposition of the rookie salary cap.   

Maybe not in terms of the drafted player's salary, but that makes the pick more valuable and therefore more expensive in terms of draft picks needed to acquire it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: For what player would you trade both 1st rounders and the #48 pick? : I agree, but LT was not a problem for us last year, and there were games where if we had a stud RB (think SB) the outcome would of been much better than what they were. With a RB of Trent's caliber Brady will not be expose as much to the pounding he takes almost every time he drops back to throw, it reduces the chances of Brady getting injured. And as you said, having Richardson in the backfield will be a nightmare for opposing defensive coordinators, the offense will be close to unstoppable.

I'm posting this author's mock draft, for the main purpose of his trade predictions. He predicts that Kansas City would move up from #11 to #3, at just the draft value chart price (which is absurd), to draft QB Ryan Tannehill...and for the Jets to move up to #6, at just the draft value chart price, to draft OT Ryan Kalil:http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/mock-nfl-draft-predictions-trades-kansas-city-chiefs-ryan-tannehill-new-york-jets-ryan-kalil-041012

Just goes to show you how little some of these alleged sportswriters know about the game. Check out the horrible picks he made for the Patriots at #27, and #31. YUCK!!   

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: For what player would you trade both 1st rounders and the #48 pick? : Maybe not in terms of the drafted player's salary, but that makes the pick more valuable and therefore more expensive in terms of draft picks needed to acquire it.
    Posted by pcmIV[/QUOTE]

This was what I was thinking Texas. In terms of picks needed it's a huge haul. That could be Kalil verses, Reyes/Brockers, Curry/McClellin, and Wolfe/Johnson. That's a lot to give up then move your 17th pick to RT when they already like Cannon so much they said he's a T and not a G. With Solder, Vollmer, and Cannon together why trade practicully your entire 1st and 2nd round picks for another T?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonardo0110. Show leonardo0110's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: For what player would you trade both 1st rounders and the #48 pick? :      I'm posting this author's mock draft, for the main purpose of his trade predictions. He predicts that Kansas City would move up from #11 to #3, at just the draft value chart price (which is absurd), to draft QB Ryan Tannehill...and for the Jets to move up to #6, at just the draft value chart price, to draft OT Ryan Kalil: http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/mock-nfl-draft-predictions-trades-kansas-city-chiefs-ryan-tannehill-new-york-jets-ryan-kalil-041012        Just goes to show you how little some of these alleged sportswriters know about the game. Check out the horrible picks he made for the Patriots at #27, and #31. YUCK!!   

Lol I gotta say, I can make better mocks than most of the writers that I've seen so far.... I was cheking out the picks value here's the link, I don't know how accurate it is but it helps a bit to understand what it would take to make certain trades.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATinPA. Show PATinPA's posts

CALVIN JOHNSON!!!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I would not trade those picks for any one player. Pats have too many needs to focus on one pick. They also invested heavily in the OL with recent picks Solder and Vollmer, as well as Cannon. They also gave starter money to Gallery. Light may be back.
    Didnt I hear the same accolades for Ingram as I do for Richardson? Didnt the Pats invest a #2 and #3 last year on this position?
    I think Luck is the read deal. See me in 6 years, I think Mallette is better than RG. Mallette has a top 3 arm in all of football. He can make every throw. He ran a pro style offense in college. He made some personal choices that werent so smart as a college kid. Along with Cam Newton, he was the best QB in the draft last year. Kid is the real deal. Patience.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I'll frame it like this:

Of the players that could conceivably be availble in the late teens/early 20's, I think they would consider trading up into that range for Barron, Upshaw, Brockers & Kirkpatrick.

I don't see a scenario in which they trade 27/31/48 for one player.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: For what player would you trade both 1st rounders and the #48 pick? :      Solder may be needed at RT because of Vollmer's back problems. Plus, the cost for the 3rd overall pick won't be nearly as "massive" as it would have been, before the imposition of the rookie salary cap.   

Cannon will step in at RT....IF needed.

I can't believe you would trade 3 picks in the 1st 2 rounds for any of the players you mentioned.

You don't sacrifice important picks that could help you win a SB THIS year for the QB of the future(a probable distant future 2-3 years) I don't think any GM in their right mind would trade 3 picks in the 1st 2 rounds for a QB when they already have the GOAT at the position.

Trade 3 picks for a LT when it looks as though we already have one??

Trade 3 picks for a RB when the run game is an after thought in our game plan?

I am very surprised to hear you say this Texas.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

The Pats have been a consistently solid team for more than a decade because they DON'T make trades like this. One player does not make a 53 man roster great. It is building depth at all positions (which comes from having those multiple early round picks every year) that allows them to overcome injuries and continue to perform well better than any other team in the league.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonardo0110. Show leonardo0110's posts

I'm not saying they SHOULD MAKE the trade, it was a question of who is worth that type of haul from the remaining players outside of Luck and RG3, it's that simple. As it stands now, I will never make a trade like that if I was the GM of the pats but I want to know how valuable are the other players aside from Luck and RG3. I know we don't need a RB that bad, because of the way our Offense operates, and there are cheaper RB in the later rounds in that position. We don't need any backup QB or any QB of the future because I think we have that in Hoyer and Mallet respectively. BB drafted Solder to be the LT of the future, maybe Cannon can be our RT of the future also. In this scenario that I presented of trading both 1st rounders plus #48 is just to see which other prospect is a cant-miss type of prospect. Many believe Trent Richardson and Matt Kalil belong in the can't-miss catergory who will be successful starters for the next decade at a high level of play.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

There are no players in this draft that would merit that many picks in my opinion. Luck is going to be a good QB as is RG3,but we already have Brady and the three stooges behind him (Hoyer,Mallett and Hartline). Blackmon is a game changer but even he isn't worthy of that many high picks.Richardson is going to be a great but the Patriots are a pass first offense,again not worthy of a three pick manuaver. I think the same could be said for all the others mentioned. Remember this team won 13 regular season games last year so it will be hard for any rookie to crack the line up in his first season. So my answer is no body qualifies for a three draft choice exchange for one scenario.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I don't think there is anyone worth all those 3 picks in this years draft outside of Luck.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from drfreni. Show drfreni's posts

Bottom line here is we need a stud safety and pass rusher.  We have enough O linemen and can get good ones via free agency- see Brian Waters last year and hopefully Gallery this year.  He will use the the first 1st rounder and then package the second 1st rounder for more picks.  This has been his MO often.  We have the fewest picks this year than we have in recent memory.  BB will want to stockpile more picks for later rounds this year and early rounds next year......unless a guy falls to him that he didn't expect to be there- a guy like the CB from florida that was kicked of the team-  janoris jenkins (sp)  with character issues/bad wrap.  Could end like  Aaron Hernandez and be a stud in the right environment. 

One thing is for sure BB will not trade an entire draft (or half of his top picks) for one player...ever.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

No ...... way would I trade all of those picks for a left tackle, no matter how good he is. They need help on defense and should use those picks to address that. Left tackle is not the pressing need for this team, especially at that expense. They just used the 17th pick last year for Soldier, I'll take my chances with Cannon or Vollmer on the right side before throwing all of those picks away.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

The only "LT of the future" I'd trade all those picks for is the next Lawrence Taylor. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

There is no single player worth your three top picks, that's Mike Ditka/Ricky William's dumb.