Forget Peppers, here is a name that interests me more..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

Forget Peppers, here is a name that interests me more..

Kyle Vanden Bosch. 

He's supposed to be an unrestricted free agent this offseason and has said he will be exploring all of his options.  I think he would be a good addition to the team at DE.  He's a veteran guy who isn't too old and will immediately inject some talent, experience and leadership on a team that needs it quite a bit on the defense.

I don't think he'd demand a ton of money like Peppers, Wilfork, and other free agents.  So I think the Pats could tag Wilfork, resign Bodden, tender Mankins, sign Gostkowski and still get him.  He said he'd play in any system.

Anyone have thoughts on this? I think it would be a VERY good signing if they got him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Re: Forget Peppers, here is a name that interests me more..

I dont know, he looks like he's been on the decline the last couple years.  Good player, but I would like to see some more youth on the D-line.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

Carlos Dunlap?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

Peppers is better than Vanden Bosch
    Bosch is servicable, but remember that all of his production has come off of being next to Albert Haynesworth, so without Vince hed be useless

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Don't want either, guy I would bring in is Jason Taylor as the teacher/leader.  Peppers would come in to play OLB, he's never played the position before so as much of a veteran as he is rookie OLBs would have an advantage over Peppers.

Peppers is not the leader you would hope to have.  I just don't like the player or the person.

Bosch as good of a player as he was he has been on a decline.  He's played in a different scheme and would need to come learn this D which again why not bring a young guy who also has to go through a similar transition time? 
    He's also on the lighter side at 270 for a 34 DE, he's played DE in a 43 set very different assignments. 

Now for this post, if those are the only two options I take Bosch over Peppers.  Cheaper, better locker room guy who might come in to prove he still has it.  He also got a taste of the SB and was .4 yards from winning the game.  I think we would get two years from this guy at a higher level he's played in TN. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jsppro1. Show jsppro1's posts

It's a nice thought however it's the LB position you have to worry about.  I like Dansby from the Cards. I agree with your signings of Worfolk, Bodden and Mankins.  Here's another sleeper, Chris Chambers, Chiefs at WR. But again, Is Bosch big enough for the Pats D-line 6' 4"  278LB 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Ill pass, forget about declining, hes just dropped off the map. Nice try though , everyone else sux on here LOL. Nobody puts any effort into really thinking about offseason moves and the draft. Same old , same old, I always try and come up with something different and fresh. Nobody responds to my threads though, its funny I see people jumping on guys richards who know nothing, absolutely nothing about football or any other sport. Keep it up

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

js I've been writing I would love to see Dansby next to Mayo next year.  He will be on the expensive side but I think a manageble salary for a leader and a kid that IMO will be able to run that D for years to come.  If not him there are three more MLBs I would love to have, problem is all are RFAs.
    Barrett Ruud, Tampa Bay
    DeMeco Ryans Houston
    Kirk Morrison Oakland

These guys are very solid players and a huge upgrade from Guyton. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mississippipatfan. Show mississippipatfan's posts

Just seen on the ESPN ticker that the Panthers will not tag Peppers this year.  He may be closer to becoming a Patriot. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Bosch was injured last year and is a 43 end who kind of reminds me of Mike Wright. If they switch to the 43 he might be worth a look. As for the three linbackers listed by pats7393 only Morrison is someone they could afford out of those three. And he's on the small side if I remember. Bill drafted his teamate that year and was a bust. Peppers seems way to tall to play linebacker in the 34 to me and never has done it, plus he will cost the same as Wilfork. The draft my be the most important thing to this team in a long time this off season. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

He's not going to take a reasonable contract. The guy is known in Carolina as a selfish lazy jerk with incredible tallent. Just this week he blew off a practice at the pro bowl; the guy just didn't show up for practice. Does Bill like him? I think he knows his talent level and really has an interest, but if you sign him then you can't sign Vince.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Vandenbosch is a good pick for Belichick's style of vets.  I'd also define him as a leader which appears to be something lacking now on that side of the football for the pats.

But I don't think he will come cheap.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

I like VanderBosch and how about Dansbury?