Fred Taylor Hurt Again

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Re: Fred Taylor Hurt Again

In Response to Re: Fred Taylor Hurt Again:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fred Taylor Hurt Again : I would love to see a player of jackson's caliber in our stable of RB's but there is no way the rams trade him. He is their only offensive weapon and he is signed long term.
    Posted by natesubs[/QUOTE]

Got to disagree. What difference does it make if you have a very good RB, yet ate finishing 4-12, or worse, every season? Isn't it time to rebuild? Why pay a RB over $10mil. per year, when you're team isn't winning? 

Furthermore, if you look at the terms of his contract, you'll see that he'll likely become an unrestricted free agent after 2011 (keep in mind that the NFL appears to be headed for a work stoppage in 2011):  http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp08/news/story?id=3546615  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fred Taylor Hurt Again : Maroney was a health risk also...
    Posted by Muzwell[/QUOTE]

Nice catch.  Some are talking about Maroney as if he was healthy and can be relied upon to stay that way.  He may be younger than Fred Taylor, but he's quite injury prone himself.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

Finally after having to read 20 threads on why Maroney isn't the turd RB failure that he is, we jettison this guy and get something for him. Granted, getting rid of him two years ago probably would have yielded a 2nd round pick, but like True Champ said, he'd be gone next year and would have contributed bumpkis this year.

Freddy T....yeah, he's a gamble, but I'd take my chances on a proven aging runner in Freddy T over two step Maroney any day. We will be ok.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

And the Rams aren't giving up Jackson. The Rams will draft a marquee WR to go along with Bradford and they are going to keep Jackson. Mark my words.....you heard it here first.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]From WEEI.com: Patriots Injury Report for Thursday Did Not Practice OL Nick Kaczur (back) CB Terrence Wheatley (foot) Limited Participation WR Julian Edelman (foot) Full Participation RB Fred Taylor (toe) QB Tom Brady (right shoulder)
    Posted by mrmojo1120[/QUOTE]
    Is that the same right shoulder thats been bothering Tom for the last 3 or 4 years? That's funny. BB won't divulge anything to the press but uses misleading info to them. That's his throwing shoulder and I see nothing that hinders his passing motion. There is nothing wrong with his shoulder, period.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeyama99. Show joeyama99's posts

Taylor can't be the true #1, but hopefully he can play more games than last year.

Maroney is easily replaceable as the #5 running back.  If it comes to it that they need an extra running back, they probably have a bunch of candidates they could sign off someone's practice squad that would be just as good.  At least they got something for Maroney, although I would've preferred depth at corner or OLine instead of a pick.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I'm looking at the mole hill that is Fred Taylor's toe 'injury' and the mountain that is this thread.  Taylor had full participation in practice yesterday.  I prefer to wait until debris is actually falling from above before declaring the sky is falling.

My 2 cents. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Taylor is fine. Just a slight toe injury. Nothing to be worried about at this time.

Texaspat....I can't see the Rams trading Jackson. And, I don't see the pats making any RB deals this season. They will play with the current stable, and possibly call up someone from the practice squad if it gets thin. I think BJGE is capable. he's not a game changer, but he can give us just enough. I would be nice to have a stud like Jackson, but like someone said, he is one of the cornerstones of that franchise, and still fairly young. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]Taylor is fine. Just a slight toe injury. Nothing to be worried about at this time. Texaspat....I can't see the Rams trading Jackson. And, I don't see the pats making any RB deals this season... 
    Posted by PatsLifer[/QUOTE]

You're probably right.  But it's interesting that when Dillon was traded to the Pats he had amassed 1,865 carries with Cincy and Jackson had 1,855 prior to this season with St. Louis.  So unless St. Louis thinks they can contend in the next couple of years, do they try and get something for this guy when he's still valuable to a contender.  If they let it be known he was tradeable, someone (Green Bay?) would pony up at least a second.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from reegz04. Show reegz04's posts

I say forget Steven Jackson, and the Pats wait it out to see how bad Oakland finishes, so with their 1st rounder we got from the Seymour trade we can potentially draft someone like Mark Ingram (assuming he skips senior year and enters the draft)..thats what we need. A young beast like him fresh out of school, and ready to contribute.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fred Taylor Hurt Again : I kinda sorta agree with you.  Maroney was likely gone next year.  One big difference between Seymour and Maroney is where they sat on the depth chart.  Seymour was a starter, and Maroney was looking like #4 on the depth chart.  Piece together the different remarks and how far Maroney sank down the roster and you have to believe there were other factors besides pure running ability or even "business" that went into this.  We'll never know unless BB retires and writes a "tell all" book.  Now that would be a book I'd wait in line for.
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

I hear you DJ, but I would argue that Maroneys sudden fall on the depth chart had more to do with keeping him healthy for the ensuing trade. Last year even when Fred was healthy(and a year younger) Maroney was the starting rb each game. Now the carries may have been split but Maroney was #1 on the depth chart. I don't think Maroneys talent level was what kept him out of pre season. Especially after hearing Brady speak highly of him in a live interview with Kirwan and Ryan on Sirius.

Anyway point being we are banking on 2 old rbs in a league where guys hit harder every day. It just tells me that the staff may not value the RB position like they use to, and that is exactly what hurt us down the stretch of 07.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

In Response to Fred Taylor Hurt Again:
    [QUOTE]     Here we go again...this time it's his toe. The injury is believed to be not serious. But, the bottom line is, the Pats 34 year old starting RB is dinged up, again: http://www.examiner.com/sports-in-boston/patriots-rb-fred-taylor-limited-practice-with-a-toe-injury
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

TP3: From today's practice, no ,mention so I assume he is good to go. (Not expecting a huge run game, the Jets can at least stop that on most days)

The Patriots are on the field for their final on-field practice of the week, with the players wearing shells and shorts/sweats for the session on the upper practice field.

As it has been all week, the only players missing were T Nick Kaczur and CB Tyrone Wheatley.

We will post the injury report once it arrives, just after 4 p.m.