Fred Taylor out indefinitely - Ankle Surgery

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

Fred Taylor out indefinitely - Ankle Surgery

I just saw this on the tv as "breaking news" out of Boston. 

So, he won't miss the whole season as long as there are no major complications, but now we won't have him for at least a few weeks. 

Looks like a good spot for another player (BJGE) to come in and step up in the absence of another, just like the Pats seem to do year after year.

Discussions?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaritimePatsFan. Show MaritimePatsFan's posts

Re: Fred Taylor out indefinitely - Ankle Surgery

I think this hurts our run game obviously even if we just lose depth. I think Green-Ellis steps up and handles his new responsibilities well. Also this opens an immediate game day roster spot for Junior.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

I think it's a shame that they got him killed on that same stretch play that never yields anything for Maroney.  If I remember right, it was in the 3rd quarter, the usual 3WR singleback formation that they always use for the stretch play and Taylor ran right and got creamed for a 2 yard loss.

But I am excited to see if Law Firm gets a chance to shred the Broncos like he did last year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

I would really like to see a combo of Morris and BJGE this week, with Faulk in his usual spot and playing Maroney sparingly to catch the ball and block. 

I just hope this doesn't hurt our chances too awful bad against Denver.  I was sure we'd win that one with Taylor pounding it down their throat and Brady making efficient mixed passes.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

When Reiss was here we use to get this kind of info before anyone else, now we get it from the message board Thanks for posting this, but are we really surprised Taylor has been hurt a lot in the past. Does Belichick have a soft spot for these "old" players that lets them have one last chance.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

I hope this is not true... loosing Taylor for any period of time will cost a lot for this team...  :(

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Re: Fred Taylor out indefinitely - Ankle Surgery:
    [QUOTE] When Reiss was here we use to get this kind of info before anyone else, now we get it from the message board Thanks for posting this, but are we really surprised Taylor has been hurt a lot in the past. Does Belichick have a soft spot for these "old" players that lets them have one last chance.
    Posted by NEGAME[/QUOTE]

You can read Reiss' new blog here: 

http://espn.go.com/boston/columns/patriots/blog?name=patriots

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Not to be negative, but this isn't good for the Pats running game.  Fred Taylor has been playing solid but he may be done at this point of his career.  I'm excited to see BJGE in the lineup, but I would also like to see the Pats make a move for a RB in the next few weeks.  The best trading partner would be the Chiefs and L.J.  The Pats are going to need a solid ground game in order to make a run at a superbowl.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2.. Show Tcal2.'s posts

This is not good news.  He is by far our best RB this year.
    I guess we can get ready for a lot more Hop-Skip-Dance getting the ball and his wonderful -1 yard runs.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Taylor gets replaced by Morris...

Morris gets spelled by Law Firm...

Maroney is fresh for the playoffs, this is why we carry 5 backs.  Taylor looks good after the first few series when Maroney takes the best shot the opposing D can give.  Don't get it twisted, Maroney started the season as the 1A back and will lead us through the playoffs in the end.  Haters be damned...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PuntonFirstDown. Show PuntonFirstDown's posts

bjge is in the bullpen for RZ situations.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Certainly not good news but certainly not the worst either.  Pats do have depth at RB.  I see Morris playing an expanded role along with BJGE.  I don't see KF's role changing much.  And, from a practical standpoint, this is an opportunity for Maroney to show some consistency.  He's either got the goods or he does not and now is an ideal time for him to show up on a consitent basis. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

nothing wrong with taylor missing a couple of weeks.the depth chart will be maroney,morris,faulk,and BJGE if needed.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&line=154338&id=1477

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

Well it's time for BJGE. If he wants a payday,now's his chance.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Well, I gotta say two things:

1. We are once again on track to have one of the most injury prone teams in the league.  

2. I still like where this team is heading.  Maybe we'll repeat 2003 where we won the Lombardi despite having the most injured team in the NFL.

Taylor was our best back.  Let's see if BJGE uses this opportunity to finally land himself on the active game day roster for good.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Some of you are making this out to be a much bigger deal than it really is.  Sure Taylor will be missed but not by much, IMO!  Morris, Faulk, Maroney will get more time but will allow BJGE to come in and show us what he has. 

I'm more excited with BJGE getting involved again than I am bummed about Taylor going to be out.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

I live in Los Cabos and there´s never cold weather here... but you know once the cold get many of the NFL stadiums, any team that want to go deep in the playoffs NEEDS to have a solid ground attack... Even de 07 PATS had one late in the season...

This year ain´t going to be 07 (we all know that) so that´s even a greater reason to try to establish a nice and hard ground attack.

¿Any news on the return of taylor? Maybe 6 - 8 weeks?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Taylor was a great back. 

Morris should be the RB because he he showed that he can catch the ball really well. No more Maroney, he kills momentum and morale. I want to see Benny show promise. If he can produce it could spell a roster spot for him next year. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Is anyone surprised?  We've got 4 high-probability-of-injury running backs on our roster.  Let's just hope 2 of them are healthy in January. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]Well, I gotta say two things: 1. We are once again on track to have one of the most injury prone teams in the league.   2. I still like where this team is heading.  Maybe we'll repeat 2003 where we won the Lombardi despite having the most injured team in the NFL. Taylor was our best back.  Let's see if BJGE uses this opportunity to finally land himself on the active game day roster for good.
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

I think it says more about the Patriots' style of play than it does about the players themselves.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]This is not good news.  He is by far our best RB this year. I guess we can get ready for a lot more Hop-Skip-Dance getting the ball and his wonderful -1 yard runs.
    Posted by Kmax[/QUOTE]

sammy has done a good job...as has bjge

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fred Taylor out indefinitely - Ankle Surgery : You can read Reiss' new blog here:  http://espn.go.com/boston/columns/patriots/blog?name=patriots
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE]

Thank you, I've put that in my favorites

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fred Taylor out indefinitely - Ankle Surgery : Thank you, I've put that in my favorites
    Posted by NEGAME[/QUOTE]

Welcome.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Well that was worth $3.5 million of salary cap.