Free Agent safety's and options at safety!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nathan-ndeira. Show nathan-ndeira's posts

Free Agent safety's and options at safety!

Ras-i-Dowling i think BB drafted him to play safety not corner.

Darren Sharper- great leader who's been very productive

Myron Rolle- very smart

Marlin Jackson- former colts player

Ahmad Black- he was a former gator last year and would work well having played with brandon spikes

also remember how the patriots had a workout with rashad Goldso, why not trade a 3rd round pick for him, or maybe our scheduled second round pick.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JoeFoyFan. Show JoeFoyFan's posts

Re: Free Agent safety's and options at safety!

The last time I saw Rodney Harrison on TV he looked in great shape.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

Josh Barrett will turn out to be a very capable safety.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

D Sharper the Pats will bring in here....they need a experienced guy like Sharper out there to go along with Chung.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

they may have big plans for James Ihedigbo, they kept him on the roster.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

i wouldnt mind sharper playing here, but i do think barrett and ihedigbo are capable safeties as well

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

We need to sign another safety. Why leave it to chance?  Bring in Sharper and rotate him with the group. 

i dont like the meriweather cut. we are well under the salary cap and he wasnt costing much and he does not suck. hes not consistent, but he is a good safety to have. We do not have anyone to replace him.

who would be the starter right now? Barrett?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I can't stand Merriweather as a player; too small, no sand in his pants, poor tackler, missed assignments (that have absolutely killed us). But the thing that concerns me, is anyone new that they throw in there is going to struggle. I can see blown coverages, guys pointing at each other in the end zone, as the receiver celebrates because he was so wide open. I see all this initially, but I think in the long run - whoever it is - will improve to the point that they'll be better than Merriweather.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

"I can't stand Merriweather as a player; too small, no sand in his pants, poor tackler, missed assignments (that have absolutely killed us)."

He's the exact same height and weight as Ed Reed so I don't think size is a major factor with his shortcomings

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-Doc-Redemption. Show Red-Doc-Redemption's posts

Where is Bob Sanders now?...For a filene's basement price he'd be worth a look..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: Free Agent safety's and options at safety!:
    [QUOTE]Where is Bob Sanders now?...For a filene's basement price he'd be worth a look..
    Posted by Red-Doc-Redemption[/QUOTE]

in San Diego

we missed that boat months ago.  Eric Weddle and Bob Sanders could form the best safety tandem in the league

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Where is Bob Sanders now?...For a filene's basement price he'd be worth a look..
    Posted by Red-Doc-Redemption[/QUOTE]

Sanders is the starting SS for the San Diego Chargers. If he can finally stay healthy, he's going to help the Bolts in a big way.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]"I can't stand Merriweather as a player; too small, no sand in his pants, poor tackler, missed assignments (that have absolutely killed us)." He's the exact same height and weight as Ed Reed so I don't think size is a major factor with his shortcomings
    Posted by siestafiesta[/QUOTE]

Apparently, BB agrees with you. The problem I had with cutting him is that the Pats don't appear to have a better alternative on the roster.

That said, I like what I've seen from Sergio Brown, albeit in limited action.    

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

I too like Brown and the fact he is a little bigger.  Not Rodney, but a little bigger.  I hope he shocks us this year and earns his spot with his play in season.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I know this might sound strange but has anyone thought about using Butler as a FS his coverage skills would be exemplatory as a roving safety!!!!! He stinks at man to man but with just an area to cover he might be the bomb....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Butler is a poor tackler.  Not what I'd like to see at Safety.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Barrett has great potential, I'm just not sure if he's ready to start. 

The guy is 6'2 and is as fast as Meriweather. He's an alright tackler, better than Meriweather, but I'm not sure how good he is at making his reads. 

I still want Sharper back there! 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

The former Jet S isn't a starter and Sergio Brown is worst than Meriweather at making reads! 

It's Josh Barrett or bust. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

I agree that Barrett has the potential to be a very good free safety but I'd still like to see a veteran like sharper or Rolle brought in.Unfortunately,Yeatman was  claimed by Miami,but he is a year or two away.They need Crumpler or a crumpler clone as a third tight end.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

What about solder as the blocking TE in 3 TE sets.  Would be good versatility for a 3rd tackle...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

[QUOTE]   I agree that Barrett has the potential to be a very good free safety but I'd still like to see a veteran like sharper or Rolle brought in.Unfortunately,Yeatman was  claimed by Miami,but he is a year or two away.They need Crumpler or a crumpler clone as a third tight end.
    Posted by kebbe[/QUOTE]

i kinda like the idea of sharper, in my mind it wouldnt take too long for to feel comfortable in a system seeing as hes a good safety with knowledge of defenses on the other hand rolle is a slow poke hard hit clone of ihedigbo. also on the barret thing the guy is a scrub to me but if he starts for us ill give it a couple weeks to see how he looks, who knows he may suprise us all.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

Weapon X baby!!!!!!!!!!!!
    What about if the Pats could work out a deal with the Broncos for FS Brian Dawkins. I know this is just me talking out of my @$$ but why wouldnt the Broncos take a 6th round pick for him? Even at age 37 he is one of the most respected players in the league and he lays the lumber at safety like no one else. He wouldn't have to play every down as you would be able to mix in Brown or whoever but I would love to see the leader Brian Dawkins in a Pats uni. Heres what makes him my favorite non patriot player in the league!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PiBoy. Show PiBoy's posts

I think they will go with the safetys on current roster for the beginning of the season. It is not the first time BB cut "big name" player (to put it put there first, I think Meriweather is overrated b/c the PB.) and leave only developing players on the team. Last year this time, we were all like "OMG we need CBs". 
    They can always bring in Sharper later down the road, it's not like there are tons team going after him right now.
    The whole TE thing was a calculated risk, and they got hit with it this time. I am still a Crumpler fan.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

They told Merriweather long ago to follow the play as designed & not to free lance. He is either disrespectful or can't remember the plays, resulting in big plays for the opponents. Either way, his actions got him cut loose.