Free agent WR news

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Free agent WR news

Looks like the 49'ers are going to announce tomorrow the resigning od Boldin taking him off the market.

also looks like the packers will walk on James Jones. Veteren WR, good size and speed. Very good red zone target. Won't break the bank on a deal. Used to being part of a group of WR that all get snaps and does not need to be the man. Could be of interest here? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Re: Free agent WR news

James Jones could be a decent option.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Good character guy as well, Jones that is.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I'm looking at Sanders and Maclin and that's about it. Love to get a Cody Hoffman in the draft but short of spending a 5th or less not looking at the draft for WR's.

Honestly I'd be happy with:

• Amendola 
    • Sanders/Maclin
    • Dobson
    • Boyce
    • Hoffman
    • Harrison/Moe/Thompkins

Provided they get a TE in the draft

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm looking at Sanders and Maclin and that's about it. Love to get a Cody Hoffman in the draft but short of spending a 5th or less not looking at the draft for WR's.

Honestly I'd be happy with:

• Amendola 
    • Sanders/Maclin
    • Dobson
    • Boyce
    • Hoffman
    • Harrison/Moe/Thompkins

Provided they get a TE in the draft

[/QUOTE]

I agree.  I'd be ok with this WR group.  Use the high draft pick on a stud TE.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

I said last around this time that H Nicks will be a PatrioT, This season, I'm going to stick with that come March 11th....it will be a team friendly deal.   We'll see.....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Looks like the 49'ers are going to announce tomorrow the resigning od Boldin taking him off the market.

also looks like the packers will walk on James Jones. Veteren WR, good size and speed. Very good red zone target. Won't break the bank on a deal. Used to being part of a group of WR that all get snaps and does not need to be the man. Could be of interest here? 

[/QUOTE]

Sign me up for Jones if he's not looking for big money, if you lose Edelman. I wonder with all these teams in a cap hell how much that actually helps BB being able to retain both Talib and Edelman, assuming they do want to resign one or both back?  So many teams have poorly managed thier books off the lockout some quality names are not only FAs unable to be retained, but the veteran cuts are players younger than 30 years old.

Thanks again to BB.

SF seems pretty desperate.  It could be Boldin just doesn't want to move again and give it one more go. It's probably his last year.

[/QUOTE]

23 teams have more cap space than the Pats, including the 9rs.

Please don't pretend that the Pats don't have a lot of needs, also.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to NOISE's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I said last around this time that H Nicks will be a PatrioT, This season, I'm going to stick with that come March 11th....it will be a team friendly deal.   We'll see.....

[/QUOTE]

He hired Tom Condon as his agent, so that ship has all but sailed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sign me up for Jones if he's not looking for big money, if you lose Edelman. I wonder with all these teams in a cap hell how much that actually helps BB being able to retain both Talib and Edelman, assuming they do want to resign one or both back?  So many teams have poorly managed thier books off the lockout some quality names are not only FAs unable to be retained, but the veteran cuts are players younger than 30 years old.

Thanks again to BB.

SF seems pretty desperate.  It could be Boldin just doesn't want to move again and give it one more go. It's probably his last year.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It is just amazing, this guy is a total tool.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thanks again to BB.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He is totally clueless, I bet he hasn't even looked at all the websites that post the salary cap space of every team in the league, if he did he'd see just wrong he is. It's laughable.

This guy runs into every thread talking about salary cap hell, when it doesn't exist. There is only two teams in the entire NFL that are over the cap. And for every team rusty claimed was in "salary cap hell" last year, now have some of the most cap space available. He ran around saying these teams would be in "salary cap hell" for years and years and years...yet after one year they are in better shape that us. Take a look at the Raiders, Jets, Redskins, Ravens, Dolphins, Bills, Eagles...these are the teams he yelled were in "salary cap hell" after they signed big name free agents...now they all have 20 plus million to spend this off season...the Raiders have 60 million!! Boy that's scary, so scary.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He is totally clueless, I bet he hasn't even looked at all the websites that post the salary cap space of every team in the league, if he did he'd see just wrong he is. It's laughable.

This guy runs into every thread talking about salary cap hell, when it doesn't exist. There is only two teams in the entire NFL that are over the cap. And for every team rusty claimed was in "salary cap hell" last year, now have some of the most cap space available. He ran around saying these teams would be in "salary cap hell" for years and years and years...yet after one year they are in better shape that us. Take a look at the Raiders, Jets, Redskins, Ravens, Dolphins, Bills, Eagles...these are the teams he yelled were in "salary cap hell" after they signed big name free agents...now they all have 20 plus million to spend this off season...the Raiders have 60 million!! Boy that's scary, so scary.

[/QUOTE]

It's amazing.  I just can not believe there is someone like this living in this world.  It's like he lives in his own little, warped world.  The man in the plastic bubble.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

James Jones would be great on the cheap. 

But after thinking it over, I don't think we need a #1 wr that many here want to get. I believe Dobson could have a huge year next season and Boyce can make some good contributions as well. 

But all in all Jones would add depth to the outside which still is needEd but not a big name #1 imo

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

I understand Maclin might be damaged goods

i am a ok with jones @the right price to be part of a mix
    i

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Am I the only one who thinks that WR isn't a need?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not sure if you are the only one but if the Denver playoff game didn't convince you of the need or to think the Pats could beat Seattle or the 49'ers without better receivers then I'm not sure there is anything anyone can say that will convince you.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Pats WR's today:

Amendola, Dobson, Boyce, Thompkins, Moe, Harrison. You dont see a need there? Wow!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanishPastry. Show DanishPastry's posts

They need Edelman or a replacement. I think the succes of the WR's hinges on getting a(-nother) pass catching TE to open things up for the receivers.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not sure if you are the only one but if the Denver playoff game didn't convince you of the need or to think the Pats could beat Seattle or the 49'ers without better receivers then I'm not sure there is anything anyone can say that will convince you.

[/QUOTE]

The Denver playoff game only had 3 healthy WRs in Collie, Edelman and Amendola. Boyce was IR, Dobson had a bad foot/hammy and Thompkins had a bad back/neck/leg. Even then, Dobson, with a bad foot and hammy, came in the game and caught 4 passes in one quarter while being doubled the whole game.

As far as the 49ers and Seahawks goes, the 49ers have a good WR corps, but who on the Seahawks would be a walk in number 1 WR for us? None.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

its a minimal need.

if we did nothing to it in the offseason I will be fine.

PErsonally I think Dobson could have a huge year next year and Boyce could shine some too.

only a vet is needed here imo someone cheap to play on the outsidr

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Just more proof that there is great new talent at WR in this years draft...why keep a guy for big money even for another year when you have people on staff already and you can sign a decent possible rookie replacement for really cheap, slotted $$$ for a long time?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Pats WR's today:

Amendola, Dobson, Boyce, Thompkins, Moe, Harrison. You dont see a need there? Wow!

[/QUOTE]

Assuming that the 3 musketeers make the second year leap and come into their own as full fledge WRs, why would there be a need there?  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to DanishPastry's comment:

They need Edelman or a replacement. I think the succes of the WR's hinges on getting a(-nother) pass catching TE to open things up for the receivers.

The same was said about Welker last season and Brady turned Edelman into Welker. The Pats don't NEED Edelman, they don't NEED any new WRs. They just need to didicate themselves to the WRs they have.

James Jones was a scrub until Rodgers made him a somebody, why can't Brady make Boyce, Dobson or Thompkins into somebodies?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Pats WR's today:

[/QUOTE]

Assuming that the 3 musketeers make the second year leap and come into their own as full fledge WRs, why would there be a need there?  

[/QUOTE]

shouldnt there be a contingency since none of the 3 were able to stay healthy, and Boyce barely played, making his year 2 really his rookie season

Thompkins was an UDFA and is almost 27. I think he is a middlin talent that is at his ceiling, but thats just me

If the PAts can grab a vet WR that can be a reliable red zone target and come in at an attractive cost, I think the need is very big 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

1 DT 

2 SS

3 OL

4 lb

assume we have Talib and Gromk

wr from the draft, only some one with speed, or a FA, have to believe one of three rooks is better, I don't see a 3rd  rnd pick beating out all 3 rooks, er 2nd yr guys. my bet is on Dobby

Is there a Ty hilton? Probably not

we will need a 3rd Qb for training  camp, maybe another

Lookin at the combine, all these guys are cut, once you take away the cream, who knows?