Freeney Price Reduction

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rkarp1. Show Rkarp1's posts

Re: Freeney Price Reduction

compared to Harrison 2/$4.5, Freeney isnt getting 2/$8.5

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I'd take him, I'm not going to pass up a pass-rusher no matter the cost/ego.

Freeney = Welcomed addition.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

Yeah - $8M was a serious pipe dream, and I believe $4M is too. He is at most a 2 year rental, situational guy with at this point limited skills. Play him and you are taking reps away form a developmental young guy with a lot more long term potential. And at $4M you are cutting quality from another full time position or rotational/back up players. Only makes sense for a team that sees him as the missing link for a deep playoff run. So look at the 'power rankings' - of the top 12 teams, probably the only two that would need him are Atlanta and NE and Atlanta already cut their own aging pass rusher in Abraham. NE - I'd rather give Collins and the other yound ends those reps (at that asking price.)

I can see NE signing an Abraham or Freeney rental only on the sort of deal they used for Carter and Anderson a few years ago. $1.5M +/- . Then you can use him or not depending on actual production in limited situations. At $3-4M you are saying this is our guy.

6. This post has been removed.