Gamble on Amendola Not Paying Off

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Gamble on Amendola Not Paying Off

BB took a gamble in letting the durable Wes Welker walk in favor of the younger, more athletic, yet injury prone Danny Amendola. After teasing Pats' Nation with a good showing on opening day, Danny is hurt again...and may miss at least half the season: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/15/report-amendola-has-torn-adductors-may-have-sports-hernia/ 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Re: Gamble on Amendola Not Paying Off

Wow. It's that bad an injury?

Not paying off is an understatement. Really just a terrible move if this guy misses that much time. 

NE better hope that Thompkins, Dobson, and Boyce are big hits, because they really just tipped the cupboard over this off-season. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

The Payoff comes in the Post-Season.  If they win a SB, DA returns in Week 11 and stays healthy the payoff is huge.   If not ...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

He'll be back week 3 or 4. No big deal.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Gotta wonder if giving him the halftime shot in order to finish the game was a wise move? May have dcaused more damage. I miss Welker, tough to watch him pay off instantly for Manning.    

"Defense Wins Championships"

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Unfortunately, hindsight makes everyone geniuses!  What is also sad, the "rift" between Welker and the Pats became personal.  If not for that, this type of thread would not be here.

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

BB took a gamble in letting the durable Wes Welker walk in favor of the younger, more athletic, yet injury prone Danny Amendola. After teasing Pats' Nation with a good showing on opening day, Danny is hurt again...and may miss at least half the season: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/15/report-amendola-has-torn-adductors-may-have-sports-hernia/ 

First of all, I would say that you have to at least allow the whole season to play out before you can make that proclomation.  And secondly, assuming this team makes it to the playoffs, if he is healthy at that point and can make those clutch catches that Welker was unable to make, I won't care if he is out for 95% of the season.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to FrankDooley's comment:

This is old news, first of all.  Second, Jay Glazer?  Umm, horrendous source.

They said 4-6 weeks which is mid October time frame.   If it was a definitive situation and not just a strained groin, he'd already be diagnosed and ready to go under the knife by now.

I believe you said you are an adult, which means you are one sad, naive and gullible adult, Texas Troll.

Rusty...face the facts. This is BB the GM striking, again!

LOL!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

I'm glad they stuck him back out there....otherwise we are 1-1 at this point...

Don't be shocked boys if he's done for the year....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

He'll be fine . . . just like Ras-I Dowling.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

Hope you're right. But any injury dealing with the hip usually spells curtains.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

I wish I could argue with you, but its really tough to make that argument right now. The knock on Danny has always been durability, and he played one game before being sidelined with an injury. I know it's not a serious injury, and that he will be back in October probably, but the fact remains that he is missing games while Wes is playing in Denver. Hope Danny returns soon, stays healthy, and proves BB right when is all said and done.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I don't know. a groin tear is usually closer to 6 weeks off. That is a tear you would categorize as a strain. If it's torn badly, if it's a hernia, then you are talking an extendsion of time beyond that, which might warrant a trip to the IR and end his season.

Week 3 ... no. I'll personally purchase you a six pack of your choice if Amendola is playing next Sunday. 

Week 4 would be the pie-in-the-sky absolute best case scenario. It' very little chance. 

Week 8 or 9, given the uncertainty, seems a middle of the line bet.

With an outside chance as well, of being put on the shelf for the season. 

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

I don't know. a groin tear is usually closer to 6 weeks off. That is a tear you would categorize as a strain. If it's torn badly, if it's a hernia, then you are talking an extendsion of time beyond that, which might warrant a trip to the IR and end his season.

Week 3 ... no. I'll personally purchase you a six pack of your choice if Amendola is playing next Sunday. 

Week 4 would be the pie-in-the-sky absolute best case scenario. It' very little chance. 

That's if you believe what they are reporting. They said there's conflicting reports. My guess is just as accurate.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

This is old news, first of all.  Second, Jay Glazer?  Umm, horrendous source.

They said 4-6 weeks which is mid October time frame.   If it was a definitive situation and not just a strained groin, he'd already be diagnosed and ready to go under the knife by now.

I believe you said you are an adult, which means you are one sad, naive and gullible adult, Texas Troll.

Glazer is solid, dude.  You have no clue.

They will get it correctly diagnosed Monday, if surgery is needed then go on Tuesday.  probably 4 weeks from that date. October 20th would be the soonest.  Torn adductore would be 2-3 weeks. they say.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Glazer sucks. He's terrible. He's wrong a ton and  a rumormonger typed. Dude, Fox is a joke.

You are clueless.

How on earth could Glazer know more than any local trusted source here? Are you seriously this dumb?

There is no way you graduated college. Absolutely not.

You also believed the Borges RS article, too. bawhahaha

Cannot be made up.  

Hahaha, keep proving us right that you have no idea what you are talking about.  Glazer is solid.  Solid as they get.  You apparently have no idea what you are talking about!  Shocker!!   Keep hitting the bottle, fraud. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Honestly, I don't think we can expect much from Amendola.  This is already his second injury since training camp started.  He's been injured his whole career.  He's a good slot receiver, but he's missed 20 games over the past two years.  That's sort of like a guy who shows up to work two days a week and calls in sick the other three.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to zbellino's comment:

[QUOTE]I don't know. a groin tear is usually closer to 6 weeks off. That is a tear you would categorize as a strain. If it's torn badly, if it's a hernia, then you are talking an extendsion of time beyond that, which might warrant a trip to the IR and end his season.

That's if you believe what they are reporting. They said there's conflicting reports. My guess is just as accurate.

[/QUOTE]

Isn't it scary and fascintating what the internet has done to adults in this world? THey read something that is passed off as fact and the believe it.

Scary. It really is.

People claim I have a tin foil hat on, which is laughable, but look no further than Texas Troll wearing a Heavy DUty Reynolds one on his head right now down in crappy Texas.

No offense, Salcon. I actually thought Ft Worth was solid.

[/QUOTE]

No offense taken.  

Born and raised in MA.

I'm in Texas because of my job.

This isn't exactly the hotbed of intelligence down here.