game impression?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Re: game impression?

No. You can beat up Nerdy Crusty. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Do the readers ever wonder whether Crusty has ever played a down or coached football? I think neither. Living vicariously through the Pats. He does read a lot though. Trying to be impressionable with his football jargon and verbiage. Arm chair is all.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Re: game impression?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: game impression? : Mental Ward?  I will say hello to your family as I have no doubt anyone that spends significant time around the old Rusty nail will end up there.  Plus why would I want to leave?  They have those messing with Sasquatch commericals and we have the messing with Rusty forum posts.  So fun to see the rants of a lunatic who thinks he knows it all. On Rusty ON !!!!!
    Posted by Patsman2[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Pre-season or no, this was a horrendous overall performance at home by the defense...against the worst team in the NFL. Though I understand that the schemes played were very vanilla, many guys just "mailed it in". Some butt kicking and soul searching needs to get done.  

The winning drive was surrendered by the "D" in the final few minutes...an all too familiar occurrence for the once proud Patriots' defense.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Right on. How does he know he knows more than you? You could have multiple degrees and much more knowledgeable than you appear to be. I guess football is the single staple in life worth discussing. Sooner or later that fat piece of sh it is going to be called out. Really called out. We'll see how the tough guy responds. He'll go hide under his mother's apron. He feels safe there. Puss y.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Right on. How does he know he knows more than you? You could have multiple degrees and much more knowledgeable than you appear to be. I guess football is the single staple in life worth discussing. Sooner or later that fat piece of sh it is going to be called out. Really called out. We'll see how the tough guy responds. He'll go hide under his mother's apron. He feels safe there. Puss y.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: game impression? : You're not "your".  Get to the last sign up session for 8th grade.  There is still time. Just who is sick? You, who cannot formulate words correctly and spend so much time creating different messageboard handles to troll a newspaper's messageboard? Or me and others who call you the trolls?
    Posted by russgriswold[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Bozo. You make your share of grammatical and spelling errors but no one reminds you of them. I am.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: game impression? : Rusty your a legend in your own mind!!!
    Posted by Patsman2[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

I have an idea. Crusty could become a dummy for BB. This way they can learn to break down, square up and stick their face masks right into his numbers. Sounds like torture? I hope so.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]     Pre-season or no, this was a horrendous overall performance at home by the defense...against the worst team in the NFL. Many guys just "mailed it in". Some butt kicking and soul searching needs to get done.        The winning drive was surrendered by the "D" in the final few minutes...an all too familiar occurrence for the once proud Patriots' defense.
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

That's putting it correctly. I don't understand how people are taking positives from that performance. Other than Bradford, who was very good, the Pats "D" stunk. A few players played OK. 

And keep reminding people how they mailed it in, because it certainly looked that way. Almost like a trap game after performing much better against tow better offenses. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from timesrtough. Show timesrtough's posts

Game 3 pre-season = BB's time to try a few more different angles with both the D and O. Game 4 pre-season = the final game to lock on to the starters, lock on to D and O main layouts for the 16 games. D is young and will grow throughout season and O is older and put enouugh points on board to carry D for a handful of early season games. Special teams is A+ and has no concern. 13-3 season. Playoffs are almost always too close to call on better then average but not great teams. Then next year draft produces olb,ilb,rb which will make patriots closer to great team again. Last night pointless. No sense in saying pre-season game 2 PATS ARE GREAT then a week later saying they are terrible. All pre-season is practice and research for 16 game season.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

Defense pulled another Raven...

Reminds me of my youth when there was three types of guys playing ball;

1) Guys that have limited range and tallent but bust every work class bone in there body to be the best by working three times harder on every facet of there game, conditioning play book and niche.

I call these guys WLEKERS

2) Guys that have ALL the ability and god given tallent standing still, without doing extra, naturally gifted with grace, speed, strength, intelligence EVERYTHING...

Plus they are work out warriors on top of IT ALL

1 Call these guys BRADYS and MOSS'S

3) Guys who are CRAZY tallented BUT never put it together, either they are inconsistently good, too cocky, take the abilities for granted OR they have all the tallent and do not try on the field or in there playbook.

I call these guys CHAD JACKSONS

To my point;

Every team has one or two of these guys one there team at all times.

The only time you benefit from it is when you have a balance of each on both sides of the ball.

At the moment WE have one two many CHAD JACKSONS on the defense, because we have the speed, youth, strength, depth and craziness combined with some vets in Burgess, Wilfork, Gerard Warren, TBC, Sanders etc...

We need these young guys to find consistence as a unit they all have skills but there skills have only been auditioned sparingly and WE never have more than Three players playing at a high level at all times.

The defense needs to show up every game, work hard, get lucky and develop some consistent super stars. I would love to see Wilfork, Mayo, Merrriwheather and Chung blow it up while Bodden, Burgess, TBC, the corner crops and new DE's steadily improve throughout the year... the momentum will help.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]Gronk is a beast. Potential to be a better Ben Coates.
    Posted by pats-fan-2007[/QUOTE]

You mean The Ben Coates, the guy who was the best TE the Pats have ever had?  You are making this call after three pre-season performances?

Let's take a chill pill and show a lot of due respect to an all-time Pats legend instead of making hasty, forthing predictions.

I think the kid is off to a good start. That's all there is to it so far.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

Ben Coates is not just the best TE we have had he is listed as the best TE of all time according to numerous writers.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TampaPete. Show TampaPete's posts

That was a stinker.  I wouldn't be surprised if the Pats threw up a stinker during the regular season too, but I don't expect it to happen very often.

I am not worried about the offense.  There are a bunch of new weapons to complement Moss and Welker.  When they are all on the field and firing on all cylinders, it should be a thing of beauty.

I think that Maroney is the one given of the running backs.  If BB decides to only carry 4, one of Morris, BJGE, or Taylor will go.  I think it will be BJGE.  I don't think he is bad, but I don't see what his fans see in him.  Who starts doesn't matter, they will all see playing time.

What we saw of the defense reminded me of the second half of the Denver game last year.  I would rather see an opponent score quickly on a lucky play than watch a foe put together long, methodical, scoring drives featuring a string of short but effective completions.

On the other hand, stupid penalties and a non-call for intentional grounding greatly aided the Rams.  Theoretically they should be able to stop that, but if the Pats can't stop hitting the QBs head, it is going to be a long season.

When you look at the talent on D you have to think they can play better than that. 

Could be the Rams are greatly improved.  Bradford didn't look like a rookie.

The fact is no one knows what kind of a team this will be until at least 4 games into the season.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kildog. Show kildog's posts

The defense, if you want to call it that, was an embarrassment!!!  The offense couldn't get a running game going and only scored on the RAMS 2d team defense.
    Now we know why Bellichick didn't name O or D coordinators - nobody knows how to make adjustments on either side of the ball.   Gonna be a long season.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

was in Salt lake City the past few days. stayed at a Marriot which had poor internet speed. couldn't watch the game online. had to resort to NFL game center, so i didn't get to see the lambs run roughshot over our defense.

to me its over and BB needs to regroup and find out who is a PATRIOT and who is not and send them on their merry way.

not too woried about the offense, but the OC needs to be fired