Game observations

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Game observations

-its not the lack of defensive stops that is most troubling, it is the fact that the turnovers are no longer part of the D

-Solder injury is troubling. 

-not sure why Vereen was so quiet?

-I thoght Brady was "on" all game. He was precise unless he was under pressure. Otherwise he was very good

-unofficially I counted 6 drops

-Fletcher was exposed today as a boderline NFL player. i applaud his effort and desire

-Siligea could be a find. Soapogo has disappeared, just like the Philly guys said

-count me as one who thought Ridley ran very well and confidently

-lets not forget this was Boyces 2nd game. 

-I thought Wendell played well today

-I counted 5 Brady pressures where the defender was free to rush the passer

-Look forward to a usual Ravens battle

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Re: Game observations

-Arrington is Horrible playing outside

-O line did a good job today

-Dennard look bad today

-Allen is a very good punter

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Problem is this team years ago lost the ability to put teams away...up 10-0 with 3 minutes to go, D had 1 third and 10 from Miami 4 and gave it up. Even announcers said before play if Pats stop them here New England has 3 timeouts for their offense and of course they give up a 17 yard pass......to start the TD drive for Miami. Pats had TWO 15 play dirves that stall inside 5 for FGs, that was game right there....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

-its not the lack of defensive stops that is most troubling, it is the fact that the turnovers are no longer part of the D

-Solder injury is troubling. 

-not sure why Vereen was so quiet?

-I thoght Brady was "on" all game. He was precise unless he was under pressure. Otherwise he was very good

-unofficially I counted 6 drops

-Fletcher was exposed today as a boderline NFL player. i applaud his effort and desire

-Siligea could be a find. Soapogo has disappeared, just like the Philly guys said

-count me as one who thought Ridley ran very well and confidently

-lets not forget this was Boyces 2nd game. 

-I thought Wendell played well today

-I counted 5 Brady pressures where the defender was free to rush the passer

-Look forward to a usual Ravens battle

[/QUOTE]

No strong disagreement here.

- I think Josh outsmarted himself with Vereen.   I think he figured the Phins would be focused on him so Josh would take the offense elsewhere.  Mistake.

- Boyce should not be starting ahead of Collie - period.

- Ridley is too explosive to ride the bench IMO.

- You are correct about TOs.   The last 3 playoff losses have the same common denominator - no forced TOs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

it`s difficult to win when u don`t have

-your two best DT`s

-your best target in the offense

-your best linebacker

-your two starting OT

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

What about 3rd and 17 and then 4th and 5 and the D gives it up. Hopeless from a team put together by a defensive genius especially with homefield advantage and the possibility of winning the AFC East on the line.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

this was the scenario i dreaded. a game that counted for something, game would have decided the division champ

ghost choked on the easy 48 yarder, BB should have called time out on the 4th and 5 to get the defense in the right perspective.

i think the offense can get the job done, i don't think the defense can make the plays to seal the game like the super bowl runs.

going forward it's gonna be tough.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I've had some time to calm down and give this some rational thought, here is what I think. Hightower is a fat worthless tub of goo...he is a pig. If I went out front of my house on Wednesday and called the garbage men a bunch of scum, they would have a better chance of catching me and beating me to a pulp than Hightower would. This clown was suppossed to be better outside - it's all I heard - how he was the poor victim playing inside...how did you like him outside at the end of the game?

But in all honesty Hightower is not our biggest problem...let me tell you something folks, this team is coached very very well. They had Fletcher come in for maybe 20 plays this afternoon, they put that guy in position to make plays in the flat, he couldn't. I mean these plays were designed specifically for him - as soon as the ball was snapped he was headed right to his spot, but he just isn't good enough. I bet they practiced that play 50 times this week for him, they probably did it so Hightower wouldn't have to, yet he isn't capable. It's too bad because he was prepared like few coaching staffs could of.

Steven Gregory shouldn't be playing in the NFL. Period. This guy athletically is not capable, he just flat out isn't. How many times did he not make the play today? How many times has he done that since he's been here? I've literally seen this guy take out his own players because he physically can't hit the one's he's supposed to.

McCourty...did he get benched? I saw Bill write down a whole bunch of notes on his little pad after he missed on that open field tackle that safeties are supposed to make. I wonder if he wrote, when Devon wants his new contract don't give it to him, we don't need first round picks that can't play corner, not being able to play safety for us.

Again there is great coaching going on out there, these guys know exactly where to go, there is no confusion, there is no surprises...they just can't make the plays. The players aren't good enough. I don't give a crap if we are 10-4, you can't expect the coaches and the quarterback to win all these games for you, because that is what has happened so far.

And lastly, losing Gronk is HUGE HUGE HUGE, at least as far as scoring is concerned and that is huge.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Lack of turnovers is huge.  Heck, it's all the difference in a 4 point game.

The Pats got a few sacks today but still didn't seem to put consistent pressure on Tannehill.  

No vertical game today.  Obvious why.

Vereen's first play today, he came in for a second and ten.  Everybody who didn't work on the Affordable Health Care Act knew it was going to be a pass to Vereen coming out of the backfield.  That play seemed to set the tone for how Vereen would be used or not used today.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

^^^ All good veiwpoints that I agree with. BB needs to conduct a tacking symposium this week for his DBs

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to PATSchampsSB's comment:
    [QUOTE]

it`s difficult to win when u don`t have

-your two best DT`s

-your best target in the offense

-your best linebacker

-your two starting OT

[/QUOTE]

But, you got to play who you got.  They simply did not make the plays needed to win.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wolfwood. Show wolfwood's posts

We basically only had 3 recivers who could be trused, amandola, edelman and vereen.Vereen was quiet becase the fins game plan took him out  

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So, really, this a big whine fest about a D that waits for our offense to literally anything out of halftime, and they can't.

Then, you use the excuse of Gronk when the offense SUCKED last week with Gronk.

BB will win Coach of the Year again and should win GM of year w/Caserio for so many quality Pro Bowlers lost on D and the quality depth that has developed through the season.

I watch your Jets throttled vs the Panthers right now with Carolina looking for 37 on that pathetic little D of theirs.  Draft bust after bust after bust with Ed Reed starting and falling on his face. This is same guy you raved about last year all old and slow on Baltimore's team.

Same Baltimore that allowed 20 points to Matt Cassel in a blizzard in one qtr last week.

YOu wouldn't know talent in a player if it came in the form of Rachel Leigh Cook and she fell on your face, HUrlie.

You think no one gets injured, no one is hurt and then hold the defense's feet to the fire when our QB throws 33 times in the 4th, with 3 runs, only down by 7 or 4 points. LMAO

That might be the worst approach to clock management I've ever heard of.

ANd, to top it off you're on here mocking BB again. The greatest coach and GM ever. The guy mostly responsible for all of this.  I can only imagine you back in the Rod Rust era.

You probably had Hart Lee Dykes and Eugene Chung posters on your wall like the geek you are, not having a clue why the Sullivans sucked and they were obvious busts.

Now, our HOF QB wants to throw a lot and he can barely lead us to 20 points? You can't win NFL games in this league with just  20 points. And, it was BARELY 20.

Bob Kraft sits back and watches BB win awards, set records and be the main reason for success here, but god forbid the Pats lose a game because the offense, in an offensive, VERY EASY league to score points in, can't be done by Tom Brady as our leader.

Make no mistake, the bad officiating, bad execution or playcalling on offense is not on BB.

Packers allowed 23 point in the first half. How is Ted Thompson doing? I believe he is another GM you bragged about in here as the flavor of the day choice back in 2011.

Do you watch the X Factor, too? How's the new Bieber album? Your buddy TCal buys Taylor Swift albums.  YOu too are two peas in a pod:

"Brady is always great and nothing else matters."

We allow 24 in a game because our offense sucks through most of the game due to not establishing a run with a lead back like every other NFL team, just so Brady can make it about him showing the country he doesn't need Gronk.

Pathetic.   

[/QUOTE]

This from a guy who "didn't see the game".

While you're at it can you give us your analysis of Movies you haven't seen, and Books you haven't read?

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I've had some time to calm down and give this some rational thought, here is what I think. Hightower is a fat worthless tub of goo...he is a pig. If I went out front of my house on Wednesday and called the garbage men a bunch of scum, they would have a better chance of catching me and beating me to a pulp than Hightower would. This clown was suppossed to be better outside - it's all I heard - how he was the poor victim playing inside...how did you like him outside at the end of the game?

But in all honesty Hightower is not our biggest problem...let me tell you something folks, this team is coached very very well. They had Fletcher come in for maybe 20 plays this afternoon, they put that guy in position to make plays in the flat, he couldn't. I mean these plays were designed specifically for him - as soon as the ball was snapped he was headed right to his spot, but he just isn't good enough. I bet they practiced that play 50 times this week for him, they probably did it so Hightower wouldn't have to, yet he isn't capable. It's too bad because he was prepared like few coaching staffs could of.

Steven Gregory shouldn't be playing in the NFL. Period. This guy athletically is not capable, he just flat out isn't. How many times did he not make the play today? How many times has he done that since he's been here? I've literally seen this guy take out his own players because he physically can't hit the one's he's supposed to.

McCourty...did he get benched? I saw Bill write down a whole bunch of notes on his little pad after he missed on that open field tackle that safeties are supposed to make. I wonder if he wrote, when Devon wants his new contract don't give it to him, we don't need first round picks that can't play corner, not being able to play safety for us.

Again there is great coaching going on out there, these guys know exactly where to go, there is no confusion, there is no surprises...they just can't make the plays. The players aren't good enough. I don't give a crap if we are 10-4, you can't expect the coaches and the quarterback to win all these games for you, because that is what has happened so far.

And lastly, losing Gronk is HUGE HUGE HUGE, at least as far as scoring is concerned and that is huge.

[/QUOTE]

I will add that the two biggest homers in NE (Deosie and Smerlas) are on the radio right now saying Hightower has been totally exposed and he can barely play two downs. They also said they think Jones nad Vellano probably won't make the team next year.

BB will be asked about McCourty and Gregory this week - just like he was asked about Hightower last - he will say, "I think they both bring a lot to the team. They both have a lot of resposibility. They both have made plays for us in the past...listen yesterday we all made mistakes, we all can get better...the coaches, the players, special teams, but I think they are doing well". He is lying!! He could run for Congress.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to bostatewarrior's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Lack of turnovers is huge.  Heck, it's all the difference in a 4 point game.

The Pats got a few sacks today but still didn't seem to put consistent pressure on Tannehill.  

No vertical game today.  Obvious why.

Vereen's first play today, he came in for a second and ten.  Everybody who didn't work on the Affordable Health Care Act knew it was going to be a pass to Vereen coming out of the backfield.  That play seemed to set the tone for how Vereen would be used or not used today.

[/QUOTE]

That's a subbing of the RB problem, no continued run game and an overall playcalling problem with Brady who wants to throw a lot.

Do not sub the back for the skill set.  Pretending to establish a run for effect never works.

Use two RBs or use Develin in an I Formation or two split backs with Vereen being one of them.

Affordable healthcare is a good thing, not a bad thing.   Who wants more expensive healthcare?

Ugh.

[/QUOTE]

Rusty, you didn't watch the game and you don't know insurance.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

There were two parts of the game that were critical (and infuriating)

1.  How does hightower end up alone in coverage against the RB in the final drive?  Hightower cannot pass defend AT ALL.  Why would he be caught in an obvious pass situation?  Why was he even on the field?

2.  The second part was a deeper frustration.  Why don't the Patriots have ANY Wide recievers who are tallet than 5'8" ?  Why no deep threats?  Why haven;t they addressed this issue?  It's a disgrace.  There was only ONE year when the Pats had a great offense - and it was all because of Randy Moss.  There is your blue print Mr Kraft and BB.  GET A STINKING WR WHO CAN RUN DEEP AND CATCH THE GD BALL!  This 4 yard pass stuff is driving the fans insane.  (not to mention that 5'8" scrappy whit eguys NEVER get any calls their way).   SIGN A WR THIS OFF SEASON.  Trade for one too.  And draft 4 WRs too.  This offense is a nightmare.  Just terrible.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

So, really, this a big whine fest about a D that waits for our offense to literally anything out of halftime, and they can't.

BB will win Coach of the Year again and should win GM of year w/Caserio for so many quality Pro Bowlers lost on D and the quality depth that has developed through the season.

I watch your Jets throttled vs the Panthers right now with Carolina looking for 37 on that pathetic little D of theirs.  Draft bust after bust after bust with Ed Reed starting and falling on his face. This is same guy you raved about last year all old and slow on Baltimore's team.

Same Baltimore that allowed 20 points to Matt Cassel in a blizzard in one qtr last week.

YOu wouldn't know talent in a player if it came in the form of Rachel Leigh Cook and she fell on your face, HUrlie.

You think no one gets injured, no one is hurt and then hold the defense's feet to the fire when our QB throws 33 times in the 4th, with 3 runs, only down by 7 or 4 points. LMAO

ANd, to top it off you're on here mocking BB again. The greatest coach and GM ever. The guy mostly responsible for all of this.  I can only imagine you back in the Rod Rust era.

You probably had Hart Lee Dykes and Eugene Chung posters on your wall like the geek you are, not having a clue why the Sullivans sucked and they were obvious busts.

Now, our HOF QB wants to throw a lot and he can barely lead us to 20 points? You can't win NFL games in this league with just  20 points. And, it was BARELY 20.

Bob Kraft sits back and watches BB win awards, set records and be the main reason for success here, but god forbid the Pats lose a game because the offense, in an offensive, VERY EASY league to score points in, can't be done by Tom Brady as our leader.

Make no mistake, the bad officiating, bad execution or playcalling on offense is not on BB.

Packers allowed 23 point in the first half. How is Ted Thompson doing? I believe he is another GM you bragged about in here as the flavor of the day choice back in 2011.

Do you watch the X Factor, too? How's the new Bieber album? Your buddy TCal buys Taylor Swift albums.  YOu too are two peas in a pod:

We allow 24 in a game because our offense sucks through most of the game due to not establishing a run with a lead back like every other NFL team, just so Brady can make it about him showing the country he doesn't need Gronk.

Pathetic.   

[/QUOTE]

While you're at it can you give us your analysis of Movies you haven't seen, and Books you haven't read?

[/QUOTE]

I don't have to see it. I saw Seattle last year, SB 42 and 46, last year's playoff loss with 13 points scored, etc.

What is the difference?

It's the same story, moron.  You own a Brady doll and don't believe we should ever establish a ground game, and we should pass 33 times with 3 runs down 4 points through the middle of the 4th qtr.

Take my wager for next week's game. Do it, gutless. I've picked the games and told you and your stupid little bretheren here why it's important to have a run game for a second half and you won't listen.

The D is not always going to get a turnover per game. Even when they got a minimum of 2 in the last seasons, Brady and this finesse crap offense would still blow their chances.

1/4 in the red zone today. All I need to see. Let's call it 1/3 since the last drive counts. That's not good. That's minimum two FGs.

Moving the chains is not enough.  The league is set up to score points, not waste an entire qtr doing nothing but lose field position and momentum.

Pathetic display.

[/QUOTE]

How did the Dolphins do in the all important red zone?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Pathetic.   

[/QUOTE]

Listen listen I'm aware you're probably drunk after returning from your unemployment Christmas party, but this post you wrote is really terrible. I mean God awful - and it's a bit angry too. Why is that? Because I'm right? I mean the whole post is just more Brady bashing...pathetic...the guy was the best player on the field today. Did you watch it??  They probably don't have the Dish in the basement of the unemployment office. I'm surprised they had booze for you though...bet you thought you'd only be getting a handful of pigs in a blanket and some government cheese. Good for you!

^^If you're layed off I'm sorry about this, it just kind of flowed out of me:(

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I will add that the two biggest homers in NE (Deosie and Smerlas) are on the radio right now saying Hightower has been totally exposed and he can barely play two downs. They also said they think Jones nad Vellano probably won't make the team next year.

BB will be asked about McCourty and Gregory this week - just like he was asked about Hightower last - he will say, "I think they both bring a lot to the team. They both have a lot of resposibility. They both have made plays for us in the past...listen yesterday we all made mistakes, we all can get better...the coaches, the players, special teams, but I think they are doing well". He is lying!! He could run for Congress.

[/QUOTE]

ALl you do is switch arguments every week.  The last few weeks it's been the run D and now it's something else.

Smerlas and DeOissie? LOL!  WEEI is struggling so badly, they're clearly trying something else. Who takes those two morons seriously?  What is this, 2004?  

Why do you focus on one player or play? Brady sucks on some plays.

He also sucks when he wants to make it about him instead of entrusting others or other plays like the run game.

3rd and 1 and they pass?

Horrendous! I was following along in that game thread.  

[/QUOTE]

Nope, still the run D.  They blow.  Have you noticed that in order to per carry total down near 4, the opposing QB then dominates their pass D?  BTW Hightower=bust.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Pathetic.   

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't have to see it. I saw Seattle last year, SB 42 and 46, last year's playoff loss with 13 points scored, etc.

What is the difference?

It's the same story, moron.  You own a Brady doll and don't believe we should ever establish a ground game, and we should pass 33 times with 3 runs down 4 points through the middle of the 4th qtr.

Take my wager for next week's game. Do it, gutless. I've picked the games and told you and your stupid little bretheren here why it's important to have a run game for a second half and you won't listen.

The D is not always going to get a turnover per game. Even when they got a minimum of 2 in the last seasons, Brady and this finesse crap offense would still blow their chances.

1/4 in the red zone today. All I need to see. Let's call it 1/3 since the last drive counts. That's not good. That's minimum two FGs.

Moving the chains is not enough.  The league is set up to score points, not waste an entire qtr doing nothing but lose field position and momentum.

Pathetic display.

[/QUOTE]

So how many times did they run it in the first half? When did Brady start to go to well in the passing game? What drive did Boyce drop a TD that the ball practiaclly hit him in the numbers. Oh right you didn't watch the game... Tell us more how the D was waiting on the offense... geeze I think Tannehill jad his best QBR this year.