game observations

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

game observations

-not only was that the wettest I have ever been at a game, it was also the coldest. it was freezing!

-I have never, ever, heard the stadium quieter than when Mankins walked off the field with assistance

-did the new TE Williams look slow on TV? he did live

-MDarreus did not play the first half for discipline. Probably should have missed the entire game (BB would have) But after watching him bull rush and put Wendell on his butt a couple of times, I would love to see the Pats use their day 1 draft choice on a similar player

-I heard "fracture" on Dobson, not sprain. I thought he clearly played his way to the 2nd option after Edelman over Amendola. That slant pass he caught is a drop by him in weeks 1 thru 5

-also hear Collie will be back tomorrow. I assume it is a reflection on Dobson (IR?) rather than a reflection on Boyce (assume he will play in 2 weeks)

-kudos to the Pats RB's and OL. Great game in trying conditions. But that was the worst front 7 I have seen all year on the Buffalo side of the field. No wonder rookie Alonso has so many tackles. No one tackles in front of him!

-obviously we do not see every player. but how is any K in the league having a better year than Ghost? I saw Gould signed for 4/$16. I sign Ghost to that deal today

-$20 million dollar question. after surgery do we see the first 6 game Talib? or the last 6 game Talib?

-is it me or do the Pats again have to draft another S? maybe Gregory struggled with out McCourty, but he did struggle, even with his strengths, tackling.

-Pats opened with a 4-3-2-2 defense. no sub package. glad to see Ryan in Dennerds spot rather than Arrington.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Re: game observations

One thing I saw (and I won't take credit for this being my observation but rather that someone said it last week) is that Hightower definitely looks better with a guy Siliga in the game eating up blockers.  What a difference Siliga makes up the middle.   

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

3 blown Pats coverages on backs....1 caught for TD, other 2 were drops on 4th down plays.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

too  bad about dobson if he is going to I/R. That kind of s*cks but it was good to see Mankins return.

Happy and Hungry., The best 2 words to describe Blount. Lets Ride him as long as we can.

Was surpsrised to see Vareen back returning kicks but played sparingly in the offense.   

O line played like Men and gave me confidence that maybe they can run in playoffs but make no mistake, Blount is a Beast who can probably get his regardless.

Amendola is in the doghouse w/Brady. For someone who worked with him in offseason he sure seems to be out of sync a lot w/Brady. Edleman has been a gift in terms of him staying healthy. Without Edleman, this team doesnt make the playoffs.

Good to see Logan outside but arrington is hurting and could use the 2 weeks off. Good play by J.Green though coming off the bench. May want to see him instead of arrington.

Collins is gonna be a Big time Player next year. Good Pick

As crazy as this year has been Ive never felt better about our chances in postseason except maybe in 03-04. They are a tough team with the right mindset and now we have a devastating ground attack which weve been missing since 05.

BB is enjoying himself and it shows. He knows he has a mentally tough team that was counted out long ago and is playing with house money. I bet this is one of his favorite teams.

I feel this team cant beat anyone and also lose to anyone. We'll see how it goes.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

too  bad about dobson if he is going to I/R. That kind of s*cks but it was good to see Mankins return.

-I do not know Dobson as fact, but that is what I was told this morning

-I also get the vibe that the fan base is feeling the Pats can get to the SB, even with all the injuries, but the Mankins injury kind of sucked the life out of everyone until he returned

Happy and Hungry., The best 2 words to describe Blount. Lets Ride him as long as we can.

-I agree, but I also feel he is not a stud back, he simply had a very good game against a poor front 7 that was playing for nothing. I like Ridley and Vereen depending on the opposistion to get even snaps to Blount, and still feel in the long run Bolden is the better player between he and Blount

Was surpsrised to see Vareen back returning kicks but played sparingly in the offense.   

-have to think they were watching his snap count. Ditto Amendola

O line played like Men and gave me confidence that maybe they can run in playoffs but make no mistake, Blount is a Beast who can probably get his regardless.

Amendola is in the doghouse w/Brady. For someone who worked with him in offseason he sure seems to be out of sync a lot w/Brady. Edleman has been a gift in terms of him staying healthy. Without Edleman, this team doesnt make the playoffs.

Good to see Logan outside but arrington is hurting and could use the 2 weeks off. Good play by J.Green though coming off the bench. May want to see him instead of arrington.

Collins is gonna be a Big time Player next year. Good Pick

-Agree

As crazy as this year has been Ive never felt better about our chances in postseason except maybe in 03-04. They are a tough team with the right mindset and now we have a devastating ground attack which weve been missing since 05.

BB is enjoying himself and it shows. He knows he has a mentally tough team that was counted out long ago and is playing with house money. I bet this is one of his favorite teams.

-Yes, this is exactly the team BB wanted and they are playing exactly as he wants them to play. Injuries aside, this may be his most enjoyable season.

I feel this team cant beat anyone and also lose to anyone. We'll see how it goes.

-no doubt, but I highly doubt we see this team give in or up as we did in 09 against the Ravens

[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:
    [QUOTE]

One thing I saw (and I won't take credit for this being my observation but rather that someone said it last week) is that Hightower definitely looks better with a guy Siliga in the game eating up blockers.  What a difference Siliga makes up the middle.   

[/QUOTE]

Yes, it is nice to see a line backer not get blocked in the 2nd level by o linemen. Imagine a healthy VW, Kelly and Mayo playing with Hightower?  Wowser! A great collection of talent for sure.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I didn't like when he payed a guard (Mankins) what we did, but I got to handle it to him, he's tough as hell. Guys like him are good for the locker room. When I saw him helped off the field I thought he was done because guys like him to get helped off the field unless its really bad (and maybe it is), but he came back and limped through the rest of that game.

It will suck royally if Dobson broke his foot...we need him because there isn't much else out there. We are limping into the post season...just like we limped into every facet of this season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

agree and like many of your assessments except for gregory. this guy cant do anything, and really... its not his fault. he's a high school player. thats his size. he has the smarts to be there to make a play but is too small to make it. cannot tackle in the open. we need a safety badly

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

rkarp, Williams did look slow but, at the time, I thought it was just in comparison to the other receivers.  But then again, slow is slow.

Glad to see Blount have the kind of day he did but I believe it is unrealistic to expect this from him on a game in, game out basis.

Tough news on Dobson.  Really think this kid will be quite good going forward.

Agree on Collins.  Kid's got some athleticism and seems to be picking up the system.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Man, I hope Boyce comes back soon. As soon as Dobson went out the Bills knew that if they took out Edelman, the offense stops functioning. Lucky for us Blount came to play yesterday.

We need a WR that will make teams respect the deep ball. Thompkins, Collie and Amendola aren't that WR.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Man, I hope Boyce comes back soon. As soon as Dobson went out the Bills knew that if they took out Edelman, the offense stops functioning. Lucky for us Blount came to play yesterday.

We need a WR that will make teams respect the deep ball. Thompkins, Collie and Amendola aren't that WR.

[/QUOTE]

Neither was Dobson. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Neither was Dobson. 

[/QUOTE]

Really, Brady took shots whenever Dobson was in the game and teams had to respect it. Same thing with Boyce. They don't have to bring down the passes, they just have to make a DC think they will.

No one is afraid of Thompkins, Amendola or Collie.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

I was soaked from the game! It was ridiculous! Another I noticed is not only is Develin a beast (love the guy) but he is faster than I thought. Sig was a beast. Ebner looks bigger and I think he could be in play for some snaps next year. I agree with OG, Collins is gonna be huge next year.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

In response to 49Patriots's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Neither was Dobson. 

[/QUOTE]

Really, Brady took shots whenever Dobson was in the game and teams had to respect it. Same thing with Boyce. They don't have to bring down the passes, they just have to make a DC think they will.

No one is afraid of Thompkins, Amendola or Collie.

[/QUOTE]

Agree 100 % with your assessment. Dobson's speed was evident in the Pittsburgh game and is something DC's need to game plan for. Dobson was really coming on and I felt some of his progress was curtailed by his recent injury.

We'll just have to check the injury reports (if the Pats release anything).