Game observations

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Game observations

Did not have great vantage point with the seats, and have not had chance to see replay or read any related analysis:

-Pats badly outcoached in this one. They had nothing offensively, defensively nor did they come out at halftime with any adjustments that worked. It happens 1-3 times per season, and staff picked a bad day to have a stinker

-I dont recall the Pats being this thoroughly dominated in a long time

-Again struggles against a big physical defensive front

-Thank you and good bye to Wendell and Julian. Not sure about Talib and Blount

-Ridley and Vareen played well

-Pats have to be thinking twice on the Arrington and Amendola deals

-I saw Chris Jones took almost every snap, did he make a single play? Did Seal make a play?

-are these WR's going to be markedly better next year? 

-Every pass Manning threw that I could see was wobbly. Didnt seem to matter however. 

-truthfully, the altitude really effected me, and I only did some sight seeing. Amazing Nink, CJones could take every snap. Also a shame they had to. Must address this offseason

-I firmly believed Denver would stop the run and the Pats would throw 35 plus times. I openly questioned if the Broncos feared the Pats throwing game. 

-I didnt get the Pats playing 4-2-5. They should have clogged the middle of the field and made Peyton beat them on the edges, not leave the middle open

-why not blitz? DB's were t covering anyways

-lots of work to do this offseason. This loss will make the arguements even more fun at BDC. Cant wait to be called "troll", "stupid" and "Jets fan" as this bitter defeat bothers me until camp next June. 

-Denver is a great city. Sight seeing and restaurants werent NY or Boston, but great none the less. 

-on the plane heading back from a great time with my son as he starts his last under grad semester tomorrow. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Re: Game observations

agree 100% with all of your observations. To answer your questions; No, I did not see Chris Jones or Siliga make a play all game. The coaching (game plans) were horrendous on both sides of the ball! Josh calling a bomb to (of all people) Mathew Slater on 3rd and 3?? Trying to get way to cute. I think Josh is way over his head as an OC. Would like to see someone else in there. The TV also had a short view of BB and Patricia durng the game discussing the D, and even the announcer commented it looked like BB was showing Patricia something he did not see or did not realize. Patricia looked baffled and BB looked pi$$ed. Time for Pepper to take over? Matty P hasnt really done anything in his time here. Sorry you saw a crap game, did you at least get to sample the newly legal grass?!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mpb2008. Show mpb2008's posts

I personally think and I have also heard from the talk show this morning, that the Patriots finally looked like a team devastated by injuries and lost of personal.

Lets face it, the Pats are the second youngest team in the league and with the exception of Brady, Mankins, Nick...they were playing with a bunch of 1st, 2nd, 3rd year players who a good potion of them were undrafted or street free agents.

Denver plain and simple had far better talent.

The Pats gained respect for fighting to the end and as far as I am concerned I am more impressed this season then in any of the last ten with the way we fough and overcame.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

agree 100% with all of your observations. To answer your questions; No, I did not see Chris Jones or Siliga make a play all game. The coaching (game plans) were horrendous on both sides of the ball! Josh calling a bomb to (of all people) Mathew Slater on 3rd and 3?? Trying to get way to cute. I think Josh is way over his head as an OC. Would like to see someone else in there. The TV also had a short view of BB and Patricia durng the game discussing the D, and even the announcer commented it looked like BB was showing Patricia something he did not see or did not realize. Patricia looked baffled and BB looked pi$$ed. Time for Pepper to take over? Matty P hasnt really done anything in his time here. Sorry you saw a crap game, did you at least get to sample the newly legal grass?!

[/QUOTE]

I dont think the coords are going anywhere. This was a top 3 scoring offense, and the defense was rounding into a top 8-10 before injury. Coaching is what made this 7-8 win talent team a 12 win team

didnt smoke any pot. Not really my thing. However I am sure my son would have if I wasnt around. Stuff was pretty prevalent every where. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

can we hire a real DC and draft some first round talent on defense 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to yakv's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Re the draft-only if the GM stops trading out of the first round

Re the DC- not sure why you feel it is a co ord issue and not a talent issue? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

If you had one of the best passers ever and was playing a team that ranked 7th in Rushing Defense and 27th in passing defense, would you try to establish the run or would you pass, pass, pass?

They should have taken their initial possession and passed the ball.

The offense didnt get going until they were forced to abandon the run and go with the pass.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

All these observations about the play of the Pats are spot on.  There is also no doubt the Broncos were the complete opposite.  Both sides of their team played well throughout the game.  Pats scored in what was, literally, garbage time,

One thing not mentioned here, which has been said elsewhere - The Pats, as a team, appeared to have no "energy".  Did anyone see any excitement from the team playing yesterday?  Did you see any excitement from big plays?  I did not see any passion from Brady on the field and on the bench.  Of all games this season to fall, and play, flat, this was not the game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

All these observations about the play of the Pats are spot on.  There is also no doubt the Broncos were the complete opposite.  Both sides of their team played well throughout the game.  Pats scored in what was, literally, garbage time,

One thing not mentioned here, which has been said elsewhere - The Pats, as a team, appeared to have no "energy".  Did anyone see any excitement from the team playing yesterday?  Did you see any excitement from big plays?  I did not see any passion from Brady on the field and on the bench.  Of all games this season to fall, and play, flat, this was not the game.

[/QUOTE]

This game needed a Mankins fight, a TB sideline tirade or BB losing his temper

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

good obs Rkarp agree with em

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Game Observations.

1. Bellichek's way of always wanting to go on 4th down conversions in FG situations...twice refusing to kick with in my opinion the best kicker in the NFL-Gostko--in a wiffle ball 60-plus is a breeze kicking condition. He refused to kick a 55-yarder early in the game, and he didn't take an automatic 3 to cut it to 2 scores at 20-3...That's just poor on the coach's fault. He's done this so many times over the years, I get tired of it. Denver kicks a 54-yarder no worries, Pats have a whole quarter to work with and it's we have to get it into the end zone there...no you don't. And no you don't have to punt at the 37 either.

2. No Pass Rush. Another historically significant and consistent it seems reason why the Pats have problems. I'm trying to remember the last time the Pats sacked a QB more than a few times in a AFC title game or Super Bowl that they have lost in. It's always the other team has a better pass rush--almost always. Brady is the one who has to get rid of the ball and is being abused. Manning has all day and all day and all day.

3. A depleted WR corps. Whether it's the injuries to Gronk. Let's face it no one in the class of any of the top 3 WR that Denver had--D.Thomas,J.Thomas,Decker...Welker to me is better than Edelman, but Edelman much more effective a WR this season and faster than WW. Bottom line, Welker helps the Pats as a Pat not, and does little more than be a false target so Denver can go to the other guys.

4. Injuries to too many key defensive players--Talib, Wilfork, etc.

5. Denver far better team, defense has buckled down in both playoff games. San Diego and NE simply did nothing for 3 quarters of each game on offense with 2 pretty darn good QBs in Rivers and Brady. Denver's offense is so good they punted once, ONCE in two playoff games. That's sick good.

Carry on.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wilfork

Mayo

kelly

Spikes

Gronk

hernandez

Talib

Volmer

All players who were involuntarily taken away for this game. When you inject that level of "Talent", is it the same outcome?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wilfork

Mayo

kelly

Spikes

Gronk

hernandez

Talib

Volmer

All players who were involuntarily taken away for this game. When you inject that level of "Talent", is it the same outcome?

[/QUOTE]

In yesterdays game....the answer is yes..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wilfork

Mayo

kelly

Spikes

Gronk

hernandez

Talib

Volmer

[/QUOTE]

In yesterdays game....the answer is yes..

[/QUOTE]

Wow, really?

The way I see it the game is completely different. 1st off VW and Kelly collpase the pocket and allow Jones and Nink to get close to Manning. Chris Jones, Vellano were dominated and Siliga was only used on early downs.

Mayo would allow Hightower to go back to the outside where he could rush the passer like he did a few times last year and get in passing lanes. Mayo is a sure tackler in the middle of the field and does a better job against catch and runs, and crossing routes, which killed us all game.

gronk and Hernnadez would have given us the injection of 80 million dollar talent that BB the Gm already had on this team. If they are on offense they change the game. Brady has outlet receivers who could muscle for balls,, and get yac. Denver would have had to committ extra defenders to Gronk ,and Gronk helps the run game....not that it mattered as we ran our 250 mauler 5 times and our other power back 6 times (who has 2,000 yards and 20 tds in his last 2 seasons while splitting time in 1 of them).

Finally Talibs injury was more pivotal in this game than it was against the ravens last year. Denver has the most prolific passing offense in NFL history, and we lost our best Cb for the game. It was a devistating injury, the worst case scenario after a Brady injury.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Game Observations.

1. Bellichek's way of always wanting to go on 4th down conversions in FG situations...twice refusing to kick with in my opinion the best kicker in the NFL-Gostko--in a wiffle ball 60-plus is a breeze kicking condition. He refused to kick a 55-yarder early in the game, and he didn't take an automatic 3 to cut it to 2 scores at 20-3...That's just poor on the coach's fault. He's done this so many times over the years, I get tired of it. Denver kicks a 54-yarder no worries, Pats have a whole quarter to work with and it's we have to get it into the end zone there...no you don't. And no you don't have to punt at the 37 either.

2. No Pass Rush. Another historically significant and consistent it seems reason why the Pats have problems. I'm trying to remember the last time the Pats sacked a QB more than a few times in a AFC title game or Super Bowl that they have lost in. It's always the other team has a better pass rush--almost always. Brady is the one who has to get rid of the ball and is being abused. Manning has all day and all day and all day.

3. A depleted WR corps. Whether it's the injuries to Gronk. Let's face it no one in the class of any of the top 3 WR that Denver had--D.Thomas,J.Thomas,Decker...Welker to me is better than Edelman, but Edelman much more effective a WR this season and faster than WW. Bottom line, Welker helps the Pats as a Pat not, and does little more than be a false target so Denver can go to the other guys.

4. Injuries to too many key defensive players--Talib, Wilfork, etc.

5. Denver far better team, defense has buckled down in both playoff games. San Diego and NE simply did nothing for 3 quarters of each game on offense with 2 pretty darn good QBs in Rivers and Brady. Denver's offense is so good they punted once, ONCE in two playoff games. That's sick good.

Carry on.

[/QUOTE]

I thought the FG decisions were a direct commentary on how BB thought the defense was playing. He simply knew they needed more points than the 3 at the time, as the defense couldnt get off the field

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

My observations in front of my plasma:

Poor game plan. BB did not prepare for the altitude and how it would wear down our defense as the donkos decided to use clock instead of hurry up. they has 6 scoring drives and they wore down our defense.

Going for bombs, when a long sustained drive would have been better to wear down thier defense

Abandoning the run too early

Brady going for bombs and missing two open WRs that could have been TDs

Should have started playing hurry up in the second quarter when we got behind.

Should have went for the FG on 4th and 2, instead TB got sacked, o-line failure.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

karp, whether BB felt that way or not on his defense, the bottom line was the 2 FG situations I'm referring to had no impact on getting the ball back late. One was early in the game--not a bad time another 3 on the board. The other was in an obvious you have to have 3 scores situation...It's a no brainer, you don't go for 4th down when no matter what you have to have a FG and 2 TDs to catch up down 20-3. It was poor decision making.
    And even if BB felt that way, then forcing an offense that had very little in the way of forward movement for 3 full quarters to make a play on a 4th down is all the more stupid.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

kansas, I agree on hurry up. The Pats abandoned the running game and didn't go to hurry up, which to me is kind of like a waste of utilizing some more protection for TB. Shotgun and hurry up is how you cure a team not moving the ball, puts pressure on the defense to make plays in a hurry, rather than have rest time in between while the Pats huddle up. Even when the Pats ran some effective carries in the 4th quarter, the timing was all wrong. All it really did was eat up clock when they needed clock.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Finally, and this is credit to Denver, it was the most lopsided 26-16 game I think in the history of NFL playoff football. It was not a 26-16 game by any stretch. If anything it resembled a 42-7 demolition.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

"Pats have to be thinking twice on the Arrington and Amendola deals"

Welcome to the party.  Some of us have been all over this for 4 years now.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

"Pats have to be thinking twice on the Arrington and Amendola deals"

Welcome to the party.  Some of us have been all over this for 4 years now.

[/QUOTE]

Busts. We got more from Collie this year than Amendola

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Great post rkarp and I pretty much agree with everything you wrote.  Glad you got to spend some good time with your son.

I think the Pats need to find away to keep Edelman and dump Amendola.  Not fair to the offense or Brady to let Welker go then let Edelman go.  Maybe Amendola can be productive with Edelman gone... but maybe he can't.  Do we really want to see them take the chance?

Talib is good, but can he be counted on in the big games?  He needs to make a deal if he wants to stay, he still has to prove that he can play good for a full season on the field before paying him big bucks.

Blount is a one trick pony, did he have two really good games that can be duplicated through out the season or was that more of a product due to very bad run defenses in the Bills and Colts?

I don't think Jones made a single play. 

Elevation is no joke, wish the Pats got out to Denver sooner then they did.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

yes, part of the game plan BB failed on. should have got out there tuesday and get acclimated to the altitude

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

yes, part of the game plan BB failed on. should have got out there tuesday and get acclimated to the altitude

[/QUOTE]

Yep!