Game Planning Manning

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Game Planning Manning

the pats have been useing hoyer to mimic manning,and from what they are saying,he is doing a good job of it.hopefully it pays off sunday.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view/20091114jed_hoyer_in_peytons_place_impressions_a_snap/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Re: Pressureing Manning

I have a real good feeling about this year's team.  They're going to get it done this time.  They will have something to contain Peyton.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vladtheimpaler1. Show Vladtheimpaler1's posts

Re: Pressureing Manning

even though they havent gotten it done to much this year,I hope we see it in this game.some teams you can have the relaxed defense,or conservative,but the teams like the colts,and saints.you have to have a successful pass rush,and more of it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Re: Game Planning Manning

if the pats can get the rush on manning,it will go a long way in the game.the more uncomfortable he is,the more mistakes he could make.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-pats-fan. Show can-pats-fan's posts

Moss, the Pats haven't had a pass rush since Big Willie left.  The personal they have dosen't lend to much pressure.  I would rather see us blitz all day and give up a couple big plays, then let Manning methodically pick us apart.  But Bill likes the bend but don't break, which hasn't worked against Manning the last few times.  Lets hope he lets them loose.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

I agree.ive stated before that the bend and dont break defense works on some teams,but when you play a team like the colts,it will get broken.so after reading the hoyer thing,i hope the pats realize it also.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Well the last two times we played them we held them to 20 and 18 points so I'd say the ol' bend but don't break has worked out just fine.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

even belichick knows

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/11/13/belichick-concerned-about-pressuring-peyton/

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

In Response to Re: Game Planning Manning:
    [QUOTE]Well the last two times we played them we held them to 20 and 18 points so I'd say the ol' bend but don't break has worked out just fine.
    Posted by themightypatriotz[/QUOTE] who won?its only good when you win.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

In Response to Game Planning Manning:
    [QUOTE]the pats have been useing hoyer to mimic manning,and from what they are saying,he is doing a good job of it.hopefully it pays off sunday. http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view/20091114jed_hoyer_in_peytons_place_impressions_a_snap/
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE]

I'm just hoping they blitz 'jughead' constantly. That will truly be fun for me to watch regardless of the game's outcome. :) To watch 'him' throw his hands up in the air in frustration is uber satisfying. lol

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Planning Manning : who won?its only good when you win.

So you're saying the reason we lost is because the bend but don't break held them to 18 points?  Come on man, you can't blame everything on the defense.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Planning Manning : So you're saying the reason we lost is because the bend but don't break held them to 18 points?  Come on man, you can't blame everything on the defense.
    Posted by themightypatriotz[/QUOTE] not everything,but they say defense wins championships.close only counts in horse shoes.if they had held them to two touchdowns,we would have won the game.but it helps when brady is playing.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Game Planning Manning : I'm just hoping they blitz 'jughead' constantly. That will truly be fun for me to watch regardless of the game's outcome. :) To watch 'him' throw his hands up in the air in frustration is uber satisfying. lol
    Posted by CTLadyluvsPats[/QUOTE] ct-it would be like the commercial priceless!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Planning Manning : who won?its only good when you win.

So if NE lost 3-0, you would blame the defensive game plan, no?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

it depends on the drive the colts had to get into the feild goal range.i will blame the defense on that drive,but not the game plan.anything less then a win isnt good enough.because on that one drive to get that 3 points.a receiver had burned our defensive back,or there running back had just ran all over us to get into that feild goal range.or peyton had all the time to dictate what he wanted on that drive.not to mention its obvious the offense isnt doing much.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

So then, on the same token, if NE won 59-58, the defense played well, no?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaritimePatsFan. Show MaritimePatsFan's posts

Moss you lost all credibility with your last couple of posts. Z, glad to see someone said something. I was ready to unload.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]Moss you lost all credibility with your last couple of posts. Z, glad to see someone said something. I was ready to unload.
    Posted by MaritimePatsFan[/QUOTE] please do! the bottom line to my point is,anything less of a win isnt good enough.how can someone rave about something if your team has lost.its like seeing on the board the day after lets say the 3-0 loss,someone saying the defense really looked,and played great in that game.but i would look at that one drive that got them that 3 points.so really im makeing a whole lot more sense.for you wont hear me brag about something following a loss.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]So then, on the same token, if NE won 59-58, the defense played well, no?
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE] NO they didnt then its a shoot out of offenses.the defenses have become non-existent.it would have been the last team with the ball wins.i know your trying to be cute,but thats fine,but bottom line is anything less of a win isnt worth bragging about.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mnp3a. Show mnp3a's posts

loved Z's posts! hehe.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

So if NE wins, say 6-3, the offense did a good job?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaritimePatsFan. Show MaritimePatsFan's posts

Moss, there are three phases of the game, as every NFL coach has stated numerous times. Offense, Defense and Special Teams. I think everyone understands the W is the most important stat at the end of the game. But to say in a 3-0 loss that the Defense lost the game because on that drive where they scored that field goal is ridiculous.

So here let me break it down for you why it is not the Defense's fault in a 3-0 loss.

We must go back to the three phases. In a game that ends at 3-0 field position is crucial. Special teams would play a huge factor in this game. I would imagine a lot of punting going on. This also means that our offense is not moving the ball, not picking up first downs, because if they did I would imagine sooner or later they would get to the other end of the field, umm right? That is how you score TD's and ultimately put points on the board, no? Since we know that the score is 3-0 at the end of this hypothetical game we know that our offense did not do its job for 60 minutes of play correct, but they surely cannot be the ones to blame, right?

Our defense also did its job for 60 minutes right? I say this because technically they did not let the other team score when they were on the field. Actually when kicking a field goal or defending a field goal, those are considered special teams unit. I mean it is a defense's job to not allow TD, which our defense did in this game. It was the Special Teams unit that failed to block the field goal. The Special Teams unit failed us. So, like I said before to say in a 3-0 loss it is the defense's fault is just plain ridiculous.

That is why you have lost all credibility, Moss

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

I agree a 3-0 game is a defensive battle.not only on this topic did i say the defense may have failed on one drive,but i also stated the offense didnt do much either.special teams i really dont critic on,unless they let a punt,or kick off get returned for huge yardage,or a TD.but we all are visioning a diffrent kind of a 3-0 game,at least in how it unfolds.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Back in the Ty Law days we'd knock the receivers hard at the line to throw the timing off. If you can pressure Manning (ideally without blitzing) and disrupt routes by getting physical with the receivers you can disrupt the timing of that offense and get Manning rattled.  Not sure anyone in our current crop of corners is as physical as Law was, but maybe we can get enough big hits from our safeties to get the receivers thinking twice before they catch the ball.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaritimePatsFan. Show MaritimePatsFan's posts

Moss, the backpedaling begins. You stated that if the Pats hold the Colts to 18 points and we lose its the Defense's fault. Then when Z asked if we lost 3-0, you said yes its the D's fault because they failed by allowing the opposing teams offense to allow the field goal, we now know thats not true because I explained to you defense stops TDs and Special Teams units try to block field goals.

Either way you look at it, your initial statement that in holding the Colts to 18 points and still losing means its the D's fault. It is a team loss. All three phases of the game lost. I think most would assume holding the Colts to 18 points means we played very good defensively. That is what was being said.