Gasper Doesn't Have a Clue

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Gasper Doesn't Have a Clue

Heres' Gasper's latest article, entitled, "Time to Communicate" which dumps on how BB has handled his Patriots this season:

Player punctuality is the least of Patriots coach Bill Belichick's problems now.

As the Patriots wrap up preparations for Sunday's game with the Carolina Panthers, what he has is a coach-to-player communication issue that has nothing to do with malfunctioning headphones in helmets or mysterious frequency failures.

RESPONSE: Wrongo. What BB has is a discipline issue, which must be addressed if the Pats are to accomplish anything worthwhile this season. It can be argued that this team's lack of discipline has been a factor in failing to execute during the key stages of games, throughout the season. This has been responsible for two one point road losses...and one OT loss. Had those games been won, the Pats would be sitting pretty at 10-2, instead of sloshing around at 7-5.

We have seen uncharacteristic breakdowns from the Patriots this season in just about every phase of the game, and now we're witnessing a breakdown in communication between Belichick and some of his players. 

RESPONSE: Wrongo again. Yes, there have been some uncharacteristic breakdowns...and now BB is stepping up trying to do something about it. Theres' no "breakdown in communications". A certain player who has grossly underachieved since he got here has simply chosen to whine...giving jackals like Gasper fodder to base an article on. Based on the results this season, it appears clear to me that there are several players on this team who are a bit too cavalier about getting the job done on Sunday. BB is simply cracking the whip on some of these individuals. 

Belichick can't just dictate to his subservient subjects, not when the team is 7-5, and has lost three of four for the first time since 2002, and not when he has a team chock full of impressionable young players and veteran hired guns who didn't reside on Patriots Way when it was the path to three Super Bowl titles earlier this decade.

RESPONSE: Wrongo yet again!! It is BB's job to lead/dictate to his players (subserviant subjects??), especially when his team is not going well...and especially now that there are so many young players. Its' imperative that the impressionable young troops be steeped in "The Patriot Way". It is a way of conducting business that has led to four SB appearances, and three championships in this decade. As for the new vets, they were brought here to help win a championship. They were not brought here to moderate, or change things.    

That became painfully obvious yesterday when linebacker Adalius Thomas, one of four players sent home for being tardy to Wednesday's 8 a.m. team meeting, went on the offensive about the circumstances surrounding and handling of his discipline for failing to be on time.

RESPONSE: The poor play of Thomas has been one of the main reasons why this team is 7-5. If this knucklehead was more concerned about winning than about being unfairly treated, he would shut his mouth and start using his immense, God given physical talents to generate a pass rush...and lead his defense to wins.  BB has tried to "communicate" with Thomas all season...but to no avail.  

We can joke about Thomas's hysterical "Jetsons" reference,but what is happening in the New England locker room is really no laughing matter. If making an example of Thomas and the other players was a motivational ploy by Belichick, who is a master motivator, then it's already backfired.

RESPONSE: A "ploy"? I don''t see it that way at all. Every other player but these 4 made it on time. The Pats are coming off two embarrassing losses in a row. It seems to me that if the players were truly upset about what was happening, that they couldn't wait to get to work to start winning again. I think BB was, and is legitimately pissed that certain players on this team (Thomas especially included), aren't taking winning seriously enough.

Backfired?? How so...because Adalius is miffed?   

“Motivation is for kindergartners,’’ said a ticked-off Thomas. “I’m not a kindergartner. Sending somebody home, that’s like, ‘You’re expelled until you come back and make good grades.’ Get that [expletive] out of here. It’s ridiculous.’’

RESPONSE: The truth hurts. Instead of ripping BB, Thomas should be making similar comments about his play. Yes Adalius, you're not a kid. So, stop  acting like one. Take your responsibilities more seriously. You're being paid huge money to play a kid's game...and you're not earning it. Isn't it time to shut up, and step up? You should be ashamed at the way you've played this season. 

Ouch.

Thomas, who called ahead to tell the team he was running late and wasn't told to go home until he showed up in the meeting at 8:09, is not a lone wolf howling at the Belichickian moon. No, he represents a small, but growing portion of players in the locker room who are beginning to do the unheard of -- question some of the methods and tactics of Belichick and the coaching staff.

RESPONSE: Oh, really? Who are these players? Thomas is the only one I've heard whining. What are your sources? Or, are we just to believe you because you say its' so, like Tom Jackson (BB's players hate him) , Ron Borges, and John Tomase before you.

There has been an undercurrent of ferment in Foxborough all season long. It started with the team's decision to exile outspoken defensive end Richard Seymour to the Oakland Raiders on Sept. 6, eight days before the season-opener against Buffalo. That trade was an eye-opener to a lot of the Patriots' rank-and-file, a reminder that what is in the best interest of the team doesn't necessarily take into account their interests at all.

RESPONSE: Here we go again. A rehash of the Lawyer Milloy scenario. Yeah Gasper...right. The players' hate their coach. Where did we hear that one before? Gasper, reporters are supposed to deal in facts, not their opinions...unless they're writing editorials. Why not indicate up front that what you're saying is merely your opinion.

Throw in the fact that nose tackle and defensive captain Vince Wilfork, the team's best defensive player, is being held to a bad, six-year rookie contract and has been unable to come to terms on a new deal, and that the Patriots are a team with a lot of Hessian soldiers like Thomas, the most expensive free agent in team history, who have experienced NFL life as members of less totalitarian teams and the Patriot Way has given way to the Patriot Wayward.

RESPONSE: Yes...the Pats should break the bank to make Vince happy...and they should have made Ty Law happy, and Deion Branch, and Lawyer Milloy. They made Richard Seymour happy. How did that work out for them?

You are right about one thing. Thomas is like a Hessian. He was brought in with big money, and has never adapted to the Patriot Way. Nor has he played anywhere near to expectations.

The reality is that not everyone in the locker room is simply downing the Patriot Kool-Aid without looking anymore. Some guys are grabbing the cup, sniffing it, and pouring it out when no one is looking.

RESPONSE: Those guys need to be sent packing.

This was the primary reason that Belichick brought back 40-year-old linebacker Junior Seau. Nobody speaks in more glowing terms of Belichick than Seau. The two men, football lifers and future Hall of Famers, have a deep appreciation for each other. Seau, who, if his teammates are to believed, might be a better orator than Barack Obama, returned to try to win a ring and to spread the coach's gridiron gospel.

RESPONE: Says who? Seau is insurance in case either Guyton or Mayo goes down.

The problem is that Seau is merely just a football figurehead. He plays a more prominent role on billboards plastered around town for his Versus show, "Sports Jobs with Junior Seau," than he does in Belichick's defense. To be a leader, you have to play some sort of leading role.

RESPONSE: Here I tend to agree.

Look, Belichick was well within his rights to discipline Thomas, fellow linebacker Gary Guyton, wide receiver Randy Moss, and defensive end/linebacker Derrick Burgess for not making it to the meeting on time, especially when the team is coming off back-to-back losses and is at a crossroads in the season.

But accountability is a two-way street.

When Thomas was benched without warning against the Tennessee Titans earlier this season, the news was delivered by linebackers coach Matt Patricia and not Belichick. Delegation is part of being a great leader, but that was really a decision that needed to come straight from the head coach.

RESPONSE: Says who? Are you saying that Thomas has played poorly because BB hurt his feelings? Thomas was playing poorly well before BB made the decision to sit him down.  

There still hasn't been an explanation as to why veteran cornerback Shawn Springs, who has been inactive for the last four games, is buried so deep on the depth chart you'd need a backhoe to find him.

RESPONSE: Everybody on the team knows why. Springs hasn't beformmed to expectations.  

Some players are dumb-founded that Springs, who was covering Terrell Owens for the Redskins last season, can't even get in uniform on game day, while Jonathan Wilhite, who has been lit up like the Rockefeller Center Christmas tree, just goes about his merry business, drawing praise for his coverage on Reggie Wayne, who had 10 catches for 126 yards and two touchdowns, including the game winner in the aftermath of fourth-and-2 in Indy.

RESPONSE: Again, who are your sources? Do you know more about player evaluation that BB?

Despite being listed on the practice report with a knee injury during this time, Springs has been healthy enough to play; the Patriots just haven't wanted to play him for some reason.

RESPONSE: Could the knee injury be at leaast part of the reason why? Why plaay a veteran who can only play at 75%...when a younger player can play at least as well, plus get valuable experience? 

For the first time in a long time, not every player in the Patriots' locker room is convinced that their coaching staff is giving them the best chance possible to win on game day.

RESPONSE: Again, says who? You? Adalius Thomas? 

One more unexpected or crushing loss and it could be check-out time for some players on Belichick's message.

RESPONSE: "The sky is falling!"

But the good news for Belichick is that he's usually at his best in these types of situations, and this is a situation with a very clear solution.

RESPONSE: Could that be because he knows what he's doing, and, because he's a winner?

All he has to do is turn back the clock to when the Patriots out-smarted, out-executed, and out-played their opponents.

RESPONSE: I'd take odds on that, rather than on a complete collapse.

If the Patriots win on Sunday and keep winning, all these issues that have suddenly arisen will seep back below the surface because winning is a universal language that everybody speaks.

RESPONSE: This is the only thing that Gasper said throughout his entire article that makes any sense. A more accurate title, using my slant...would be "Time to Re-Establish the Patriot Way".

Thoughts?  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Re: Gasper Doesn't Have a Clue

Too long to read that whole thing but I agree he is a D bag

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

In Response to Gasper Doesn't Have a Clue:

My biggest beef with this article is that its implying that BB doesn't know what he's doing. If AD wants to open his mouth then they can just get rid of him. He's probably just angry he's not going to be able to cash in on the rest of that ridiculous contract he got. He knows he's gone and he's too proud to admit he stinks now. I watch the games like everyone else and I don't know what else BB can do to get these guys to be productive. Would Rex Ryan's exotic blitz schemes work better with this personell? I think it doesn't matter any more who's coaching them you can't polish a turd or in this case an AD. BB should get up there and say, "Pete Carroll, Matt Millen and Victor Kiam aren't walking through that door." 

This will be the greatest band wagon parade ever if the Pats make the playoffs by crushing their next four opponents.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

It must have been Gasper I heard "giggling" during the  Thomas interview. I believe Gasper is Borges son. Look at him what a twerp. This whole site is lousy since Reese left I go to
    ESPN Boston .com just to find out who was at practice today. How bout the "surprise move Moore will be the QB, for Carolina. O really what great news I knew that 2 weeks ago!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Compare and contrast the reaction of Adalius Thomas to being sent home, with that of Derrick Burgess. Who do you think is reacting properly? Who would you rather have on your team?: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/11/burgess-disappointed-in-himself-after-being-sent-home/

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: Gasper Doesn't Have a Clue:
    [QUOTE]It must have been Gasper I heard "giggling" during the  Thomas interview. I believe Gasper is Borges son. Look at him what a twerp. This whole site is lousy since Reese left I go to ESPN Boston .com just to find out who was at practice today. How bout the "surprise move Moore will be the QB, for Carolina. O really what great news I knew that 2 weeks ago!
    Posted by NEGAME[/QUOTE]

NEGAME, with total respect, but I think your last line might make a lot of folks root against the Pats.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

[QUOTE]  Gasper Doesn't Have a Clue
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

+1

Personally, I cannot stand his arrogance.  He uses a style that supposes that one should refelect on every single bit of his offerings (i.e. prints a statement; separated by space), instead of supporting it.  Who is he?  Why are his sentiments more worthy?  Typically, one will make a statement; back it up.  Why would anyone cite Gaspar?  What are his credentials?  Of course, his hockey articles aren't worth bathroom fodder.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Gasper Doesn't Have a Clue : NEGAME, with total respect, but I think your last line might make a lot of folks root against the Pats.
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]

If they don't win Sunday, I'm taking my shirt off too.  There, now it's all even and we can root for the Pats again on Sunday.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I stopped reading these articles, no analysis, no research, they just look at the obvious and state thier opinion.  At least on this board people look up numbers, stats, salary caps, etc and analyze and make intelligent arguments.  You have to sift through some nonsense but it's got more upside than reading those articles.

These article fall into 3 categories

1.  Recaps of Game- I saw it, don't need a recap

2.  Obvious analysis-Headline- "Patriots lose 2 in a row, players are not happy with performance!"  No kidding way to dig deep into the problem

3. Articles meant to generate web hits by being outlandish- "You have to love Joey Porters honesty" 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DBAZ22. Show DBAZ22's posts

This reminds me of the Steve Martin/Victor Green days back in 2002, and when that cast was dismantled what happened to this team?  Now am I suggesting two straight SB wins in 2010 and 2011?  No, but this team will emerge from this and not go in the tank like so many knee-jerk reporters hope for.  Borges has been 0 for 8 years, and he is just begging to be right this time.  Gasper is irrelevant...period.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from +Mrboston. Show +Mrboston's posts

[QUOTE]     Heres' Gasper's latest article, entitled, "Time to Communicate" which dumps on how BB has handled his Patriots this season:   Player punctuality is the least of Patriots coach Bill Belichick's problems now. As the Patriots wrap up preparations for Sunday's game with the Carolina Panthers, what he has is a coach-to-player communication issue that has nothing to do with malfunctioning headphones in helmets or mysterious frequency failures. RESPONSE: Wrongo. What BB has is a discipline issue, which must be addressed if the Pats are to accomplish anything worthwhile this season. It can be argued that this team's lack of discipline has been a factor in failing to execute during the key stages of games, throughout the season. This has been responsible for two one point road losses...and one OT loss. Had those games been won, the Pats would be sitting pretty at 10-2, instead of sloshing around at 7-5. We have seen uncharacteristic breakdowns from the Patriots this season in just about every phase of the game, and now we're witnessing a breakdown in communication between Belichick and some of his players.  RESPONSE: Wrongo again. Yes, there have been some uncharacteristic breakdowns...and now BB is stepping up trying to do something about it. Theres' no "breakdown in communications". A certain player who has grossly underachieved since he got here has simply chosen to whine...giving jackals like Gasper fodder to base an article on. Based on the results this season, it appears clear to me that there are several players on this team who are a bit too cavalier about getting the job done on Sunday. BB is simply cracking the whip on some of these individuals.    Belichick can't just dictate to his subservient subjects, not when the team is 7-5, and has lost three of four for the first time since 2002, and not when he has a team chock full of impressionable young players and veteran hired guns who didn't reside on Patriots Way when it was the path to three Super Bowl titles earlier this decade. RESPONSE: Wrongo yet again!! It is BB's job to lead/dictate to his players (subserviant subjects??), especially when his team is not going well...and especially now that there are so many young players. Its' imperative that the impressionable young troops be steeped in "The Patriot Way". It is a way of conducting business that has led to four SB appearances, and three championships in this decade. As for the new vets, they were brought here to help win a championship. They were not brought here to moderate, or change things.     That became painfully obvious yesterday when linebacker Adalius Thomas, one of four players sent home for being tardy to Wednesday's 8 a.m. team meeting, went on the offensive about the circumstances surrounding and handling of his discipline for failing to be on time. RESPONSE: The poor play of Thomas has been one of the main reasons why this team is 7-5. If this knucklehead was more concerned about winning than about being unfairly treated, he would shut his mouth and start using his immense, God given physical talents to generate a pass rush...and lead his defense to wins.  BB has tried to "communicate" with Thomas all season...but to no avail.   We can joke about Thomas's hysterical "Jetsons" reference, but what is happening in the New England locker room is really no laughing matter. If making an example of Thomas and the other players was a motivational ploy by Belichick, who is a master motivator, then it's already backfired. RESPONSE: A "ploy"? I don''t see it that way at all. Every other player but these 4 made it on time. The Pats are coming off two embarrassing losses in a row. It seems to me that if the players were truly upset about what was happening, that they couldn't wait to get to work to start winning again. I think BB was, and is legitimately pissed that certain players on this team (Thomas especially included), aren't taking winning seriously enough.      Backfired?? How so...because Adalius is miffed?    “Motivation is for kindergartners,’’ said a ticked-off Thomas. “I’m not a kindergartner. Sending somebody home, that’s like, ‘You’re expelled until you come back and make good grades.’ Get that [expletive] out of here. It’s ridiculous.’’ RESPONSE: The truth hurts. Instead of ripping BB, Thomas should be making similar comments about his play. Yes Adalius, you're not a kid. So, stop  acting like one. Take your responsibilities more seriously. You're being paid huge money to play a kid's game...and you're not earning it. Isn't it time to shut up, and step up? You should be ashamed at the way you've played this season.  Ouch. Thomas, who called ahead to tell the team he was running late and wasn't told to go home until he showed up in the meeting at 8:09, is not a lone wolf howling at the Belichickian moon. No, he represents a small, but growing portion of players in the locker room who are beginning to do the unheard of -- question some of the methods and tactics of Belichick and the coaching staff. RESPONSE: Oh, really? Who are these players? Thomas is the only one I've heard whining. What are your sources? Or, are we just to believe you because you say its' so, like Tom Jackson (BB's players hate him) , Ron Borges, and John Tomase before you. There has been an undercurrent of ferment in Foxborough all season long. It started with the team's decision to exile outspoken defensive end Richard Seymour to the Oakland Raiders on Sept. 6, eight days before the season-opener against Buffalo. That trade was an eye-opener to a lot of the Patriots' rank-and-file, a reminder that what is in the best interest of the team doesn't necessarily take into account their interests at all.   RESPONSE: Here we go again. A rehash of the Lawyer Milloy scenario. Yeah Gasper...right. The players' hate their coach. Where did we hear that one before? Gasper, reporters are supposed to deal in facts, not their opinions...unless they're writing editorials. Why not indicate up front that what you're saying is merely your opinion. Throw in the fact that nose tackle and defensive captain Vince Wilfork, the team's best defensive player, is being held to a bad, six-year rookie contract and has been unable to come to terms on a new deal, and that the Patriots are a team with a lot of Hessian soldiers like Thomas, the most expensive free agent in team history, who have experienced NFL life as members of less totalitarian teams and the Patriot Way has given way to the Patriot Wayward. RESPONSE: Yes...the Pats should break the bank to make Vince happy...and they should have made Ty Law happy, and Deion Branch, and Lawyer Milloy. They made Richard Seymour happy. How did that work out for them?      You are right about one thing. Thomas is like a Hessian. He was brought in with big money, and has never adapted to the Patriot Way. Nor has he played anywhere near to expectations. The reality is that not everyone in the locker room is simply downing the Patriot Kool-Aid without looking anymore. Some guys are grabbing the cup, sniffing it, and pouring it out when no one is looking. RESPONSE: Those guys need to be sent packing. This was the primary reason that Belichick brought back 40-year-old linebacker Junior Seau. Nobody speaks in more glowing terms of Belichick than Seau. The two men, football lifers and future Hall of Famers, have a deep appreciation for each other. Seau, who, if his teammates are to believed, might be a better orator than Barack Obama, returned to try to win a ring and to spread the coach's gridiron gospel.   RESPONE: Says who? Seau is insurance in case either Guyton or Mayo goes down. The problem is that Seau is merely just a football figurehead. He plays a more prominent role on billboards plastered around town for his Versus show, "Sports Jobs with Junior Seau," than he does in Belichick's defense. To be a leader, you have to play some sort of leading role. RESPONSE: Here I tend to agree. Look, Belichick was well within his rights to discipline Thomas, fellow linebacker Gary Guyton, wide receiver Randy Moss, and defensive end/linebacker Derrick Burgess for not making it to the meeting on time, especially when the team is coming off back-to-back losses and is at a crossroads in the season. But accountability is a two-way street. When Thomas was benched without warning against the Tennessee Titans earlier this season, the news was delivered by linebackers coach Matt Patricia and not Belichick. Delegation is part of being a great leader, but that was really a decision that needed to come straight from the head coach. RESPONSE: Says who? Are you saying that Thomas has played poorly because BB hurt his feelings? Thomas was playing poorly well before BB made the decision to sit him down.   There still hasn't been an explanation as to why veteran cornerback Shawn Springs, who has been inactive for the last four games, is buried so deep on the depth chart you'd need a backhoe to find him.   RESPONSE: Everybody on the team knows why. Springs hasn't beformmed to expectations.   Some players are dumb-founded that Springs, who was covering Terrell Owens for the Redskins last season, can't even get in uniform on game day, while Jonathan Wilhite, who has been lit up like the Rockefeller Center Christmas tree, just goes about his merry business, drawing praise for his coverage on Reggie Wayne , who had 10 catches for 126 yards and two touchdowns, including the game winner in the aftermath of fourth-and-2 in Indy.   RESPONSE: Again, who are your sources? Do you know more about player evaluation that BB? Despite being listed on the practice report with a knee injury during this time, Springs has been healthy enough to play; the Patriots just haven't wanted to play him for some reason.   RESPONSE: Could the knee injury be at leaast part of the reason why? Why plaay a veteran who can only play at 75%...when a younger player can play at least as well, plus get valuable experience?  For the first time in a long time, not every player in the Patriots' locker room is convinced that their coaching staff is giving them the best chance possible to win on game day. RESPONSE: Again, says who? You? Adalius Thomas?  One more unexpected or crushing loss and it could be check-out time for some players on Belichick's message. RESPONSE: "The sky is falling!" But the good news for Belichick is that he's usually at his best in these types of situations, and this is a situation with a very clear solution. RESPONSE: Could that be because he knows what he's doing, and, because he's a winner? All he has to do is turn back the clock to when the Patriots out-smarted, out-executed, and out-played their opponents.   RESPONSE: I'd take odds on that, rather than on a complete collapse. If the Patriots win on Sunday and keep winning, all these issues that have suddenly arisen will seep back below the surface because winning is a universal language that everybody speaks. RESPONSE: This is the only thing that Gasper said throughout his entire article that makes any sense. A more accurate title, using my slant...would be "Time to Re-Establish the Patriot Way".     Thoughts?  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Interesting that I am blocked from commenting on his articles. It says an error has occurred.  Lots of good comments about his writing. He must have all his friends logging on.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

[QUOTE]I stopped reading these articles, no analysis, no research, they just look at the obvious and state thier opinion.  At least on this board people look up numbers, stats, salary caps, etc and analyze and make intelligent arguments. 
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

+1

The Gaspar approach is to list a statement on a line by itself.  Not only does this negate supportive reasoning (i.e. trust me; I'm right about everything), it takes up more space.  His latest gaffe is calling out the coach on behalf of the players involved in their disrepectful mockings.  Of course, he has already taunted that the system is all wrong, as well.

Interestingly, the Pats success has been a function of finding players that firt the system.  Where has Mr. Credibility been when all this was going on?  (Perhaps, he was still in school learning how to stretch a one-pager into a full article?)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Gasper Doesn't Have a Clue : +1 The Gaspar approach is to list a statement on a line by itself.  Not only does this negate supportive reasoning (i.e. trust me; I'm right about everything), it takes up more space.  His latest gaffe is calling out the coach on behalf of the players involved in their disrepectful mockings.  Of course, he has already taunted that the system is all wrong, as well. Interestingly, the Pats success has been a function of finding players that firt the system.  Where has Mr. Credibility been when all this was going on?  (Perhaps, he was still in school learning how to stretch a one-pager into a full article?)
    Posted by BTownExpress[/QUOTE]

BT:

I gave Gasper the benefit of the doubt when he first started out. But, he's morphing into what passes today for a "journalist". He has an agenda...following the foot-steps of his brethren...that BB is an ogre, and dour dictator.

When will these "learned" individuals discover that BB has been successful for a reason. All great coaches are. They achieve success through paying close attention to detail, and through discipline. You would think that they would encourage BB to continue to carry on, in light of his great success. But, no...they know better...even though the majority of them have never played a competitive down.    

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Gasper Doesn't Have a Clue :      BT:      I gave Gasper the benefit of the doubt when he first started out. But, he's morphing into what passes today for a "journalist". He has an agenda...following the foot-steps of his brethren...that BB is an ogre, and dour dictator.      When will these "learned" individuals discover that BB has been successful for a reason. All great coaches are. They achieve success through paying close attention to detail, and through discipline. You would think that they would encourage BB to continue to carry on, in light of his great success. But, no...they know better...even though the majority of them have never played a competitive down.    

Point(s).

BB knows football as well as anyone, according to most football people who have met up and commented on their interactions through the years.  (Many of these blurbs were passed through the Boston papers; regular readers would be aware of this.)  Of course, opinion is quite different from mere sentiment.  The fomer is based on knowledge and research; the latter is subjective.  In addition, experience typically trumps all.  Ergo, the guy with the rings and the experience wins, simply put.  The kid with the controvercial sentiment(s) will have to prove his points, beyond listing them on a line by themselves.  It's cute, but the form(at) does not vouch for the content.

As you're probably aware, people with advanced degrees (i.e. graduate school level and above) should be well-versed in backing up what they say.  There are enough problems in the world with politicians telling us to just trust them (e.g. "hope, believe, change").  Personally, I draw the line when it comes to jouralists and wannabees.  They're quite lucky to get away without having to source their material.  Perhaps, this is because so much of it is supposed to be based on interviews and fact?  However, it certainly appears as though his offerings are based on an unbalanced ego that simply believes it knows better.  Hey, what fool can't offer that?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Totally wrong Texaspat...  Whatever You say about Gasper's precocious ignorance and singular, unintelligent inclinations within his commentary, at the very least He makes up for it with overused metaphors and unrelated, nonsensical similes in his weak writing style...I mean sheez, at least afford him that much. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DavidSeattle. Show DavidSeattle's posts

It must have been Gasper I heard "giggling" during the  Thomas interview. I believe Gasper is Borges son. Look at him what a twerp. This whole site is lousy since Reese left I go to ESPN Boston .com just to find out who was at practice today. How bout the "surprise move Moore will be the QB, for Carolina. O really what great news I knew that 2 weeks ago! It the Patriots don't win Sunday, I'm taking Brady's shirt off!!
    Posted by NEGAME

Hello NEGAME, Please post a photo of yourself without Brady's Shirt on, Win or Lose, You lovely creature.
    Go Pats

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"As you're probably aware, people with advanced degrees (i.e. graduate school level and above) should be well-versed in backing up what they say.  There are enough problems in the world with politicians telling us to just trust them (e.g. "hope, believe, change").  Personally, I draw the line when it comes to jouralists and wannabees."

~Totally My point btown...  Much more often in these times, Journalists have lost the ability to be decent writers, getting by on good reporting and top-notch writing skills.  However, when unfortunately You s#ck at writing, it helps to make the press page with over the top anatagonism...doesn't quie matter How, What or Why.  Not to mention that conflict and contrast sells like a drug to the masses, So people writing like Gasper recently has been, will always have a job somewhere.  I mean, not as a good journalist or respected writer or anything like that...but he'll have a job (which ya know, is important in this tough economy, because writers have a sense of entitlement and over-importance, so pushing a broom is out, but can Gasper make a decent Oyster Tartare...doubtful). 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

" As you're probably aware, people with advanced degrees (i.e. graduate school level and above) should be well-versed in backing up what they say.  There are enough problems in the world with politicians telling us to just trust them (e.g. "hope, believe, change").  Personally, I draw the line when it comes to jouralists and wannabees ." ~Totally My point btown ...  Much more often in these times, Journalists have lost the ability to be decent writers, getting by on good reporting and top-notch writing skills.  However, when unfortunately You s#ck at writing, it helps to make the press page with over the top anatagonism...doesn't quie matter How, What or Why.  Not to mention that conflict and contrast sells like a drug to the masses, So people writing like Gasper recently has been, will always have a job somewhere.  I mean, not as a good journalist or respected writer or anything like that...but he'll have a job (which ya know, is important in this tough economy, because writers have a sense of entitlement and over-importance, so pushing a broom is out, but can Gasper make a decent Oyster Tartare...doubtful). 
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium

Of course, his recent challenge to the coach, system, and organisation will not endear him to the team as a trusted reporter for future offerings.  Some writers are valued for their ability to get in on the inside.  After all, without a level of credibility, one is simply spewing subjective bits...like a blogger or a forumite.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Whole lot promiscuity going on here. Games' taking her shirt off, dj the same, Pat the Patriot is a *prostitute.....all we now is Zeke Mowatt and his Patriot missile.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Whole lot promiscuity going on here. Games' taking her shirt off, dj the same, Pat the Patriot is a *prostitute.....all we now is Zeke Mowatt and his Patriot missile.
    Posted by harleyroadking103

yea, we're pretty much a bunch 'a freaks on this board...Me?  I just finished shaving my pet cat bald with a straight razor and was chasing her around the kitchen with a spatula while wearing only an apron and singing The Battle Hymm of the Republic......Oh wait a minute, no, no...that was a friday night flash back from college. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

I'm getting into this rant a pretty late.  I got to the article just now and came in to see if anybody had posted anything about it.  I found it to be yellow journalism at it's finest.  What you don't know make up.

As for Thomas and what this story is truely based on, if he can't make it to a meeting on time he is a kindergartner.  It is not about motivation.  It's about responsibility.  Thomas seriously missfires in what silo to put this in.  Gas bites on the motivation silo like a true idiot.  Instead of putting Thomas's feet to the fire he goes after Belichick.  Another moron in the Globe's sportwriters department.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

Wow it is amazing what thin skin pats fans have.  You may not agree with everything Gasper has to say but to say he has no clue is a joke.  He IS THE ONE IN THE LOCKER ROOM, he is the one talking to the players, and you guys on the boards are going to say you know more then him?  

Face it, there is a problem this year.  BB DID make a mistake with trading vrabel and seymour and not extending wilfork.  Yes its a business but he and the organization obviously underestimated how it would effect the other players.  I am not saying they shouldnt have done it or it was wrong, but the TRUTH is it has had a negitive effect on the team and all Gasper is doing is reporting it.

If a player has something negitive to say, is Gasper not suppose to report it because its negative?  Rather then deny there is a problem, they better realize it and step up and solve it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Wow it is amazing what thin skin pats fans have.  You may not agree with everything Gasper has to say but to say he has no clue is a joke.  He IS THE ONE IN THE LOCKER ROOM, he is the one talking to the players, and you guys on the boards are going to say you know more then him? 

RESPONSE: What do you do, follow Gasper around? You are assuming these things. No one knows because the guy doesn't name sources for his alleged opinions, other than the underachieving Thomas. People like you blindly followed "the great" John Tomase. How did that turn out? 

Face it, there is a problem this year.  BB DID make a mistake with trading vrabel and seymour and not extending wilfork.

RESPONSE: Thats' merely your own erroneous opinion. Vrabel is done. By trading him away, the Pats were able to add some cap room, used to sign draft choices and free agents. Seymour, like Thomas, was talking a better game than he was playing. Getting a #1 draft pick for him in 2011 from the Raiders was grand larceny. What difference does it make that Wilfolk wasn't extended? I haven't seen a drop off in his play. If you want to criticize BB, complain about his draft selections, or failed free agent pick-ups, such as Joey Galloway. The rest of your criticisms are hogwash. 

Yes its a business but he and the organization obviously underestimated how it would effect the other players.  I am not saying they shouldnt have done it or it was wrong, but the TRUTH is it has had a negitive effect on the team and all Gasper is doing is reporting it.

RESPONSE: What has had a "negative effect on the team"? How can you show that the Pats would be any better off with Seymour and Vrabel, than without them? They've certainly worked wonders for their new teams thus far, haven't they? As for Adalius, he's underachieved ever since he came to the Pats. This is his worse season yet.

If a player has something negitive to say, is Gasper not suppose to report it because its negative?  Rather then deny there is a problem, they better realize it and step up and solve it.

RESPONSE: One underachieving, whining player said something negative. Gasper has tried to spin that into a team revolt against BB...similar to the cut Lawyer Milloy fiasco, in which that brilliant, unbiased reporter, Tom Jackson, tried to spin that into "the players hated their coach." 

Posted by Patsman2[/QUOTE]

Do you really think that Thomas is right? You can't believe everything you read, my friend. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

No I do not think Thomas was right, and that he should have kept his mouth shut.  I am not focusing on that ONE issue but as I read the Gasper article, it is more then one player, and an issue over the FULL season not just this past week.

And I dont need to follow Gasper around to know there is a problem.  I can look at the record, I can look at the players faces durning and after games.

As for Vrabel, Seymour and Wilfork.  Its not about there production on the field, its the OTHER players left here who are reacting to how players are treated.  I guess you have never heard of how morale can effect a work environment.  Of course football is a business and these are grown paid atheletes but have you never had a event happen at where you work where it has a negitive effect and effects the production of others still there?

The reality is, and even Tom Brady said it, they have lost there leaders and with it the toughness and grit to fight thru tough times.  We talk about how they got rid of ty law, lawyer milloy, etc in the past.  That is true, but hey never got rid of so many all at once.  So yes it is my opionion it has had a negitive effect, just as it is yours that it is not.

I am sure you had the Pats at 7-5 before the season started at this point right TexasPat?  Yea, everything is just fine.....