gerard warren

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JBonesky. Show JBonesky's posts

Re: gerard warren

Watch some of his film, he moves really well for a big man and he uses his hands well.  His big body is only gonna help him play our two gap system.  I think he will be successful.  We got a lot of big able bodies up front to eat up blocks and let these young linebackers run free and make plays.  I think our D is gonna give teams fits this year once Bill puts a pass rush together which Im confident he will.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

By all accounts he had a "productive" season in Oakland for a team that wasn't very good.  Is he a pro bowler?  No, but he'll be part of the rotation.  I think it's a decent signing. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to gerard warren:
    i was looking at those pictures of him with his fishing hat on at that impromptu press conference...and he looks fat! i mean i know wilfork is fat and all, but he just looks old and out of shape. i'd be really shocked if this guy is a difference maker this season.  on the other hand, i've been reading about deadrick, and there were some interesting scouting reports on him. ourlads had him as an early 4th round pick. i'm not really basing this on anything real, but i just have a feeling that this guy could be a player on the d line.
    Posted by artielang

A lot of lineman are kind of fat. If he needs to lose a few biscuits that shouldn't be too hard in training camp. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

he looks wayyyy bigger than 325, thats all i'm saying.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: gerard warren:
    he looks wayyyy bigger than 325, thats all i'm saying.
    Posted by artielang

Have you seen any estimates yet? I'd be interested in where he is and where BB wants him to be or whether they think it's an issue.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

He'll have to make this team over the younger competition.

At 31, I have my doubts he'll make the 53.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

Warren and Lewis were brought in for 3 reasons:

1.) Camp bodies
    2.) Veteran Experience for the youngsters
    3.) Competition for the youngsters

If either, worse both, make the team, it signifies that the younger DLs aren't getting it done. BB has brought in plenty of youth at DL over the last 2 years. Therefore, I'll be shocked if both Warren and Lewis make it to the opening 53.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

In Response to Re: gerard warren:
    He is a JAG for sure but this team won a few championships built on on the backs of a bunch of JAGs so I wont hate on him till he lets up some big plays or something.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009

Many have tried to compare this situation to that of the offseason of 2001. They were not similar. Back then the Pats were reeling from an awful 2000 where they finished 5-11. They didn't have the large cache of youth and were only one season removed from the Carroll/Grier era.  Moreover, Brady aside, the '00 draft was nothing to write home about. In the end, it was Brady, Seymour, Light, etc. who wound up starting at some of the most critical postions.

That the team failed to make the playoffs the following year speaks volumes. After 2002, once the team was finally able to string together some solid drafts, they won the next 2 SBs.

The Pats need youth going forward and aging players replacing them isn't the answer. That is why I don't expect Lewis and Warren to make this team.