Get Alex Brown in Town

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FourthRing. Show FourthRing's posts

Get Alex Brown in Town

Bears are shopping him, and he would be good for the Pats price wise and skills wise.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Re: Get Alex Brown in Town

If I'm not mistaken he has never played OLB which he'll need to in a 34.  Instead of this guy bring back Burgess who has had a year and learned the system.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Yeah unfortunately Alex Brown isn't 3-4 friendly! He is a classic rush DE in a 4-3 defensive alignment. Bringing back Derrick Burgess makes more sense,he has one year under his belt in the BB defensive scheme and he was starting to get it at the end of last season.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FranklynDR. Show FranklynDR's posts

I think he'd be a good add... he was a captain which says to me a good locker room guy and he still plays hard and gets some sacks.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/ct-spt-0326-bears-chicago--20100325,0,2111914.story

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Trade even for AD the pay is about the same

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Yeah, this guy is a 4-3 DE...Never played OLB, same size as Burgess. Rather have Burgess given he has 1 year in the system.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

I'd rather have a rookie then Burgess. He sucked this year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

BUrgess got better towards the end of the year but I also would rather they draft a DE with one of their first 4 picks.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcrossDaPond. Show AcrossDaPond's posts

Ok, so he's a 4-3 guy who has never played olb.  But he's been a stalwart on the line regardless and if he shows any ability at playing the edge we need to at least look at this guy, bring him in (prob not possible unless he is actually released).  
    Now the bears have 2 things for sale we want/need, a solid DE and pass catching TE.  This could make the off-season for those of you who are screaming about the pats doing something.  The Chi towne message boards are proclaiming they can't get a 5th rounder for Greg Olsen (who would be THE PERFECT compliment to big Alge Crump).  What if we throw them picks for both these guys?  A 4 and 5 this year and a conditional 3rd next?  If they have no value for olsen or this guy we could steal them both...

Also if you break down the snaps we are not always a 3-4, we go into the 4-3 sometimes, i think it was around 30% of the time... Something to think about.  Does anyone know what Olsen makes?  Alex Brown makes like 5 mil i think, we'd have to pay it in a trade...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogggg. Show underdogggg's posts

In Response to Re: Get Alex Brown in Town:
    If I'm not mistaken he has never played OLB which he'll need to in a 34.  Instead of this guy bring back Burgess who has had a year and learned the system.
    Posted by Pats7393

You are exactly right. I would think the Patriots would have learned their lesson with with Adalius Thomas. You can't fit square pegs in round holes.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

I'd rather have a rookie then Burgess. He sucked this year.
    Posted by Philskiw

He had never played OLB before, it took him a while to learn his assignments.  It is not an easy transition if it was a lot more college DEs would have no problems coming into the NFL and they wouldn't be consider such a high risk when drafting them high.

Burgess began to look and feel comfortable in the D and looked better as the season progressed.  With a year in the system and adding a good DE he will be fine.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

If he were released and you could sign him cheap that would be one thing, but why in the world would you trade for a guy who's slated to make $5.5 mil and would likely only be a situational type player in NE's system.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

pass on Brown and trade Burgess. get a good draft pick that has younger legs and plays like a demon.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

I get it , nobody likes me on this board because I call you morons out...like this one. Cmon man do some homework , just a little. Theres no way Brown is athletic enough to play OLB and hes not strong enough to play the 5 technique. And you want to bring him in why? Seriously why would you want to bring him in , Im really asking , what position do you think he can play here?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Dont even know why I bothered responding , I should have known. Your just another person who doesnt know what hes talking about. you post something that makes absolutely no sense and when you get called out , you run and hide and pretend it never happened. So in other words you'll fit in great here with the other morons.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcrossDaPond. Show AcrossDaPond's posts

pass on Brown and trade Burgess. get a good draft pick that has younger legs and plays like a demon.
    Posted by kansaspatriot

Isn't burg a free agent???

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In Response to Re: Get Alex Brown in Town : Isn't burg a free agent???
    Posted by AcrossDaPond
    Yes Burgess is an unrestricted Free Agent. Because the 3-4 is primarily a pass defense,usually a 4-3 DE doesn't get the nuances. Look at Peppers he proclaimed to all that would listen that he wanted a new challange at the OLB/DE,and where did he go? To a team who plays a base 4-3 and not a team playing in the 3-4. I'm sure his agent reminded him that he had never played down one as a LB and that he was considered an elite DE in the 4-3 scheme.$$$$$$ vs.???????