Ghost Can't Afford To Be Invisible

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Ghost Can't Afford To Be Invisible

Since our offense may have problems early in the season due to the lack of reps, it's more important for Ghost to do well with kickoffs and FG kicking opportunities. An under performing Ghost may end up w/ better field position for the opposing team or missed pts.

Considering he ha a right quad injury that he is still recovering from, I'm surprised we don't have another body in camp.

Zoltan should be fine w/ his punting, although not much has been published regarding this low profile position.......lol.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: Ghost Can't Afford To Be Invisible

1.) Our Offense won't struggle, they have 4 weeks to hammer out the kinks and make this thing work.

2.) Ghost has always been money, I'm not going to start doubting him now.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

didn't they move the kickoffs to the 35 yard line? we should see more touchbacks !

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Re: Ghost Can't Afford To Be Invisible:
    [QUOTE]didn't they move the kickoffs to the 35 yard line? we should see more touchbacks !
    Posted by PatFanInBA2[/QUOTE]

Good point. I forgot they moved from the 30 to 35.  I was a little concerned because Ghost tore his right quad; his kicking leg. Can't imagine those kinds of injuries are good.  Didn't Ted Johnson tear a pec or bicep muscle one year? Seems like he was never the same afterwards (apart from his concussions).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]I like this guy as our kicker, but I have to admit, his misses from 45-50 really annoy me. Love the kick offs, etc, love the overall consistency, etc, but he way he misses those range of kicks drove me nuts, and I wonder if something was wrong the whole time. He'd either hit a fade or jerk it just enough to barely miss, but he had PLENTY of leg from like 60 yards on them.  It's like, just take some off it and make sure you hit it.  Even his 40-45 yarders barely make inside the upright at times. Anyone else notice this or am I being too negative about it? Drove me nuts. And I wonder if that went into some of the reasoning for BB going for it in SB 42. Overall, he's one of the better kickers. The touchbacks are major advantage. 
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

I think shortly after Adam Vinatieri left, BB just used Ghost for short kicks only and went for it on 3rd and whatever when it was mid fieldish.  Don't get me wrong, I think he's done a good job - just wondering how far along he really is w/ his quad injury.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

He'd either hit a fade or jerk it just enough to barely miss,

Sounds like my 1 iron

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]He'd either hit a fade or jerk it just enough to barely miss, Sounds like my 1 iron
    Posted by Philskiw1[/QUOTE]

dayum. you're handicap must be on the lower side. no average hack even carries a 1 iron

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Geographer91. Show Geographer91's posts

I carry a 1 iron in case I am attacked by a bear

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

When you hit a 1 iron and you grab your 4... its like hitting your 7. It makes long par 3's a lot easier to hit in regulation.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]When you hit a 1 iron and you grab your 4... its like hitting your 7. It makes long par 3's a lot easier to hit in regulation.
    Posted by Philskiw1[/QUOTE]

Well, for high handicap players like me....trying to play a 1 iron is a sure fire way of  hitting worm burners....lol