Ghost

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmasschilly. Show wmasschilly's posts

Ghost

I admit heading into the season I was among those worried about his reliability, but at the quarter pole he has been nothing short of stellar...HUGE reason we are where we are!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

Re: Ghost

He looks like a different guy from last year. Let's hope he doesn't get in his head again

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

Hmm you thought he was going to miss it and so you criticize him for that? that sounds like crazy talk to me

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I think he is a slightly above average kicker...nothing more...nothing less.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

He has made 4 plus 40 and one plus 50 and is kicking off great too 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

He is the greatest kicker ever. I have him in fantasy. 

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to wmasschilly's comment:

I admit heading into the season I was among those worried about his reliability, but at the quarter pole he has been nothing short of stellar...HUGE reason we are where we are!!

I have to give him the benefit of the doubt.

He wasn't the same after his injury.at this level it may take a bit.

After the first KO they were all deep and unreturnable

I think the ball off the bar and in, May be the kick that will set him off on a tear.

If you want to be fearful then there is nothing to do, I expect him to have a great season -7/8? And a game winner is as good as it gets. again Veniteri wasn't 100% but he did make some of the biggest kicks in history - until someone makes one there will always be doubt.

He is the least of the worries By far

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmasschilly. Show wmasschilly's posts

he is 11 for 12 so far this year, including 6 0f his last 6, plus the clutch game winner in Buffalo--like I said, through the first quarter of the season he's playing like a an All Pro and we've needed every single point he's put on the board

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy"

-Ben Franklin

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmasschilly. Show wmasschilly's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

In response to wmasschilly's comment:

he is 11 for 12 so far this year, including 6 0f his last 6, plus the clutch game winner in Buffalo--like I said, through the first quarter of the season he's playing like a an All Pro and we've needed every single point he's put on the board

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy"

-Ben Franklin

Yep, you're completely correct. I am just not going to go that far. I want that choice in a close game where he nails a kick from 42 yards in the 4th qtr where the reason why we chose the FG is because the coach knows he can nail it.

He's been better this year than last, but if you notice, he worsens as the year goes both in accuracy and touchback situations.

I think he failed on a touchback last night, by the way.  That should not happen in a dome with a kicker with that kind of leg. That's like Denver's kicker not blasting it out of the end zone in thin air on every kick.

actually you got me thinking Russ, is it like you said..I'm just happy he didn't miss?.... maybe a little : )  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Bottom line is a lot of people wanted him out and he's playing well.  Even though two of his kicks barely got in last night!  Hopefully he continues to nail them...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

I expect that as it gets colder his KOs will get shorter as with anyone

He is 11/12 (thx Was for correction)

He is responsible for the winning margin in all games

After missing gimmes last yr, it's always in the back  of our minds

He has a new holder and that hasn't been an issue at all

with all the hype at other positions I am going to just not fret about Ghost

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I'm fine with Ghost as the Pats placekicker.  He's had misses, he's had his clutch kicks.  I was really down on him after the AZ game last year but I'm guessing I wasn't alone in that regard.  He's been quite good this year.  I'd like to see him continue.  I, too, thought that first kick in the Atl game was touch and go.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I was one of the few who said he was fine and he was the right kicker for NE so this is great to see for me. He's a good NE kicker. In a dome I think he'd be better in a warm weather area he might be just average but in NE where you kick in some pretty nasty weather he seems to get better as the weather gets worse so glad he's still around. 

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

We'll see how well it does when the game is on the line with 4 secnds to go, and need a 45 yarder to win.

Right now he's holding his own. But BB should explore a new kicker every year,kinda like he did with the punter competition this season.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from scash2013. Show scash2013's posts

I agree. I don't trust him as far as I can throw him. He is hand's down my least favorite Patriots player. I don't care what the numbers say. Even when his kicks go through they often look terrible.

Way too many chip shot misses in his career. I honestly expect him to miss every time he steps on to the field. I'm pleasantly surprised when he doesn't.

Playoff game, down by two 3 seconds left on the clock, 40 yard field goal- I would bet the house on him choking. If anybody says they wouldn't be terrified in that situation, they are flat out lying

I would love to see him gone.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

He's kicking great (so far)....I'll refrain from complaining unless he deserves it.

If it's 4th quarter, with seconds to go and we need a 40+ yarder, I will be nervous.....no matter who is kicking.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from scash2013. Show scash2013's posts

I wasn't nervous when Adam was in a clutch situation. There are a number of kickers in the league that wouldn't gives me the level of nervousness that Ghostchockski give me.

Like I said, it's not even the numbers. It's the fact that he makes even the most routine kicks look like a struggle.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

He is a roller coaster ride.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Give the man some credit here, he's been very good. His kick offs Sunday night were amazing and he made his kicks.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/fg_perc_career.htm

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

He has been awesome so far. I'm thinking that I may even keep my eyes open for the next field goal. It's been a while since I have been able to watch.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:

He's kicking great (so far)....I'll refrain from complaining unless he deserves it.

If it's 4th quarter, with seconds to go and we need a 40+ yarder, I will be nervous.....no matter who is kicking.

No truer words

And I am sure that every other kicker hits them right down the middle - lol