Giants Cruz is no Wes Welker!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Giants Cruz is no Wes Welker!

I was so tired this off season reading how old Welker is and That Victor Cruz is the next Wes Welker, actually better then Wes Welker. 

Well after the Giants vs Cowboys game its safe to say Victor Cruz is no Wes Welker.  I would take Welker any day, shows just how good Welker is compared to other slot guys. Pats should have locked Welker up for the next two years following this year.  He is the best in the business!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

Re: Giants Cruz is no Wes Welker!

I agree Wes has been more consistant than Cruz but Cruz has 1 thing Wes doesn't - a Superbowl Champions Ring. Hopefully Wes can match that this year. 1 problem I have with Wes is that he seems to be contained in the big post season games.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Brad34s comment:

I agree Wes has been more consistant than Cruz but Cruz has 1 thing Wes doesn't - a Superbowl Champions Ring. Hopefully Wes can match that this year. 1 problem I have with Wes is that he seems to be contained in the big post season games.

Well Trent Dilfer has a Super Bowl ring and Dan Marino doesn't who would you rather have on your team?

Yes, Wes gets contained in big games.  His problem or the teams problem for not game planning for this and getting others involved?  I don't put this on Welker shoulders, I put that on the team.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking12. Show harleyroadking12's posts

cruz looked like WW 3 times....excepted this is week one and not the SB

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

I don't even compare the 2.  The only similarities between them is they play in the 'slot', but they bring different elements to the game. 

Wes Welker is the ultimate chain mover.  You know exactly what he brings game in and out with immense consistency.

Victor Cruz brings a game breaking element.  He has had only 1 year to prove it.  I won't say he is better or worse when it is all said and done, because again I cannot compare the 2.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I loved the ball that clanked off his facemask....priceless.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to harleyroadking12's comment:

cruz looked like WW 3 times....excepted this is week one and not the SB

Now you've done it...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

These were a lot easier catches then WW's SB drop.  Just saying!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking12. Show harleyroadking12's posts

true TFB I just relive that play and say why why why.....much like the first SB against them

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I was so tired this off season reading how old Welker is and That Victor Cruz is the next Wes Welker, actually better then Wes Welker. 

Well after the Giants vs Cowboys game its safe to say Victor Cruz is no Wes Welker.  I would take Welker any day, shows just how good Welker is compared to other slot guys. Pats should have locked Welker up for the next two years following this year.  He is the best in the business!

[/QUOTE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDRxDEOgc8I

[/QUOTE]

0-1, and the thing is, the Cowboys embarrased NY at home.  Flat out embarrased.  Three drives of over 60 yards.  

Cowboys aren't even the third best team you'll get this season.  You guys get a stretch that's going to undo them.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Welker has been around for years. Cruz is in his second. When Cruz has the years behind him that Welker has then a comparison can be made. Until then it's pure speculation.

Of course pure speculation and the sports media go together.

14. This post has been removed.