Giants/Patriots SB PICK

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Re: Giants/Patriots SB PICK

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jedi33. Show Jedi33's posts

pats win 17-14

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from profootball. Show profootball's posts

This is awsome pictures.  Is it Gronk and Andre?
    In Response to Re: Giants/Patriots SB PICK:
    [QUOTE]
    Posted by mandobello[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]First.. TP, even though you do pick the Pats, I get the feeling it is with fingers crossed.  You NEVER really believed in the Pats this year and refuse, to a degree, to believe they are that good.  With all the injuries and they still finished 13 - 3!!  As for your Manning comments..  a good QB does not have to lead so many 4th quarter comebacks to win a game..  for Eli, his many "Hail Mary, I hope my receiver catches the ball" passes will catch up with him this Sunday.  As for the game.... The Giants lose to good teams, the Patriots are a REAL good team and healthier than they were in the first game....  no one is giving credit to the Pats D play in the last half of the season and Eli is due for his stinker.  Lastly, the Patriots, unlike GB and 49ers, will not gift wrap bad play and points to the Giants.  Pats win in surpisingly easy fashion.
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

Bill...I pick the Patriots to win, spell out why, and conclude by telling my fellow Pats fans to be "confident and of good cheer", because the Pats will get the job done...but yet you still complain that it's not enough? I'm not going to say that the Pats are going to win, 50-0. The Pats are playing with a key player less than 100%, and are facing a very good opponent...who will beat them, if they don't bring their "A" game. 

The Giants lose to good teams? Well, I guess that the Patriots, 49ers, and Packers aren't good teams then...because the Giants have beaten all three of them on the road, thus far. The Pats are healthier? Well, so are the Giants, who played without several starters in their win over the Patriots. 

That said, I hope you're right about the Pats' winning convincingly. Nothing would please me more.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlderbutWiser. Show OlderbutWiser's posts

The Pats play a more systemized style of football than the Giants. They have been more consistent than the Giants throughout the year. The Giants are lucky to be in the SB. It wasn't that long ago that their team was almost disqualified from playoff contention... Literally, just a pass completion and first down from elimination. For these reasons the Pats should be slightly favored. It is a toss up, as they say on any given Sunday... My heart and best wishes are with the Pats but I will not be surprised if they lose. The Giants seem to play better against the Patriots. A toast for victory come Sunday evening!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I think you have bought into the Eli hype hook, line and sinker TP. You're Brady bashing is showing again.

BTW, him being called elite is laughable. The guy has 2 pro-bowls in 8 years. Meriweather has as many in 5. Is he elite too?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmo14. Show cosmo14's posts

Giants win 34-14

Patriots cupcake schedule, easy first round opponent and lucky AFCC win. Ravens really should have been there and this would have been a great matchup. This will be an embarrassment and hopefully end all discussions of the genius of the coach.

Giants went on the road and in bad weather beat #1 and #2. In the NFCC game they gutted out a win. The defense knows how to shut down the "great" Tom Brady and on offense will humiliate a putrid defense.

Seems the Pats players are just glad to be there.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42Giants. Show 42Giants's posts

[QUOTE]The Pats play a more systemized style of football than the Giants. They have been more consistent than the Giants throughout the year. The Giants are lucky to be in the SB. "

REALLY - DIDN'T THE PATS GET IN BECAUSE OF A MISSED FIELD GOAL FROM 32 YARDS......
    The Giants have played great ball throughout the playoffs, they are not lucky to be there, they deserve to be there.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

I have no faith in Pats D to get a key stop....If Pats up by 10 pts or more entering 4th quarter they win....If game tied or gints within one score game is theirs.....PLEASE Pats be up by 17 pts going into 4th quarter.....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

27-13; NE only allows one TD.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

Texas....Thanks for your work.

The Pats D plays better than they did in the last game against Giants with Chung and Spikes back. Ridley is a factor. The Pats 34 Giants 16

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

rusty

i get the ny post - and they are
    mostly unbearable - especially serby -
    and they just love spygate-
    and brought it up again to the Pats

which brings me to Amani
    what a jerk

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]I think you have bought into the Eli hype hook, line and sinker TP. You're Brady bashing is showing again. BTW, him being called elite is laughable. The guy has 2 pro-bowls in 8 years. Meriweather has as many in 5. Is he elite too?
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

Be careful not to choke on the koolaide, Babe.

This from Rodney Harrison:

Harrison's loyalty to his former team has come into question because he has been critical of the Patriots as an analyst. He said this week if he had to choose a quarterback, he would take Eli Manning over Brady.

"If you put to the side everything that Tom Brady has done - and it's hard to do, because the history of what Tom's done and success he's had winning three Super Bowls - but if you look strictly at what Eli has done the past six weeks, he's been fantastic,"Harrison said. "If you look at that, you almost have to give the edge to Eli. And you have to trust him because he's been fantastic." http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/harrison_want_pats_mates_lying
    _revenge_RxRxtr19XlmPdV9BcVZOBN

Is Harrison "Brady bashing", or merely rendering an objective opinion?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Giants/Patriots SB PICK : [QUOTE]The Pats play a more systemized style of football than the Giants. They have been more consistent than the Giants throughout the year. The Giants are lucky to be in the SB. " REALLY - DIDN'T THE PATS GET IN BECAUSE OF A MISSED FIELD GOAL FROM 32 YARDS...... The Giants have played great ball throughout the playoffs, they are not lucky to be there, they deserve to be there.
    Posted by 42Giants[/QUOTE]

Firstly, a missed field goal reflects a deficiency in a team either nervousness or being blocked etc. And if the field goal had been made, that only ties the game & who knows the Pats don't win also in OT.

But, Giants are not lucky...give me a break. What skill was involved in SF when a fluke bounce nicks the receiver's knee by 1/2 inch resulting in a gift TD from the 20 yard line---only score by Giants in 2nd half before OT !!!

Re: Giants victory in SB a couple of years ago.... Protect the Quarterback,  Protect the Quarterback etc. etc.  Firstly there was blatant holding by the Giants but as so many games are decided by the whims of referees, we got screwed as they should have blown the whistle and stated "he was in the grasp". Regarding referees deciding a game, I am a 49er fan too having lived in SF for over 40 years but my roots are Maine so a Boston team fan first.

As opposed to Manning, a quarterback, not being called for being in the grasp in that SB, a running back still visibly upright(I was at the SF game and have seen many films) was called "forward progress stopped"---hogwash !!! Call me sour grapes but with the score tied with about 2 minutes to go this was an uncalled fumble by Giants’ Ahmad Bradshaw as he was artfully stripped of the ball while still upright.   The officials declined to review the play and refused to let coach Jim Harbaugh challenge the call because a forward progress judgment cannot be overturned by replay.  SF would have had the ball on the NY 20 yard line and could have milked the clock to score a TD or kick a field goal and even if there was time left, NY would have used all its timeouts.

There were previous plays where two 49er defenders collided and prevented themselves from interceptions on 2 occasions. But if the fumble had been allowed, there would not have been the fluke nicking the knee of the receiver giving the ball to NY on the 20 yard line resulting in a TD and then there wouldn't have been the fumble on the kickoff in OT giving them a field goal from the 20 yard line. The Giants in the 2nd half kicked some 10 times and Manning was hit 21 times and sacked 6 times. Without the 2 fumbles, they did not score.

Tell me the Giants as in the David Tyree highlight with "in the grasp and holding" not called proves the Giants were lucky to beat the Pats in the SB and 49ers a week and a half ago.

If you didn't say to yourself after 49ers game "whew, we were lucky to win this one", then you are not a true football fan !!!

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

[QUOTE]Stop it. First of all, please show me your stats on Sanchez. Second on all, did Sanchez ever have a year close to the year that  Eli's had in 2011? Has Sanchez ever won a SB?       Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]What nonsense! It's the ability of a QB to produce in the clutch...that means in the 4th quarter, that separates the good ones from the great ones. Please post your stats that bears out that Rodgers, Brady and Brees are at the bottom of the league in comebacks. 
    [/QUOTE] 

In 2011, Brady has led three 4th quarter comebacks, Brees has led four, and Rodgers had only one. Eli Manning had 8.

References:

[QUOTE] So...now your arguing that beating (15-1) Green Bay on the road in the play-offs is no great feat? Has Tom Brady played well in all 4 quarters this year? Go back and check the game stats. Brady usually gets off to slow starts.  
    [/QUOTE] 

I'm saying it's an impressive feat for the team, not Eli Manning. He had a decent game, but I have to consider the number and quality of QB's that posted similar stats on the Packers defense this year.

[QUOTE] So...Brady's win at home against the 8-8 Broncos was more impressive that Eli's win at Green Bay? 
    [/QUOTE] 

His performance againt the Broncos defense was certainly more impressive than Eli's against the Packers. It's a matchup issue: Brady vs. the Broncos defense, Eli Manning vs. the Packers defense. Not QB vs. team.

The reason the Giants win over GB was impressive was because they managed to contain Aaron Rodgers and that explosive offense. I don't think anybody thought Eli wasn't going to put up quite a few points on the worst defense in the league.

[QUOTE] The Broncos played ball control against San Diego. Against the Steelers, they won on several big play, long pass plays. They faced Ben Roethlisburger playing despite a high ankle sprain, and without their top RB. 
    [/QUOTE] 

Well, if we're going to make excuses:
    In Week 15, GB held KC to 19 points because the Chiefs were playing ball control to keep Rodgers off the field.
    In Week 16, GB held Chicago to 21 points because Da Bears were missing their starting QB and RB.
    In Week 17, when GB played a legitimate QB in Matthew Stafford and a good offense in Detroit, they gave up 41 points.

[QUOTE] Tom Brady threw two picks against the Ravens that could have been four...but for a penalty and a drop. I routinely get criticized on my report cards for not giving Tom Brady a pass on dropped interceptions. 
    [/QUOTE] 

A penalty is a completely valid reason for calling back an INT. The defender only got the ball because his teammate was holding or committing some penalty. And as I remember, both of Tom's would-be picks were penalty-related. 
    First one called back because the defender tripped Edelman. On the second one, Brady knew the defense was offsides and took a free shot downfield. I'm not saying Brady had a great game against the Ravens, but Eli didn't exactly light up Candlestick Park with his performance against the Niners.

[QUOTE] Apples and oranges. Has Moore had the season, not stretch of games, that Eli has had? Has Moore ever played well in the play-offs? Has he won a SB? Has he set a record for most TD passes in the 4th quarter, and for fourth quarter comebacks?
    [/QUOTE] 

Oh, so now we're taking into account PAST accomplishments. Well, in that case, has Eli (29 TD's, 16 INT's) had the same season Brady has had (39 Td's, 12 INT's)? Has Eli won 3 Super Bowl rings and 2 MVP's like Brady has? Has Eli set the single-season record for most TD passes in a regular season?

[QUOTE] As I stated previously, we'll have to agree to disagree on this. But, I do hope you're right about Brady showing the world who the better QB is this Sunday.
    [/QUOTE]

Yeah, I guess we will have to. Look, it's nothing personal. I don't mind that you like Eli. I just think it's wrong to compare him side by side with one of the greatest QB's to ever play the game. 

For the record, I think Eli is a pretty good QB too, and maybe some day he'll become as good as his brother, who is rightfully in the same class as Brady. But he's not there yet.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

The difference in this game, the EDGE in this game will be BB and TFB.

You said it, Brady has been considered all week and Eli's equal, he will want to fix that. He remembers 2007 and he will want to fix that. He knows number 4 is a BIG deal and he will fix that!

BB knows that the edge has gone to Coughflin in the past wins. He can fix that with win number four, he will fix it!

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

I agree with most of your post except 2 areas.

There isn't a stat in the world that will ever make Eli as good as Brady. They are on 2 different levels, and always will be.

Receiving......I give the edge to their WRs, but our TEs are better making this a wash.

Like any big game with evenly matched teams, this will be won in the trenches. We win that battle, and a 4th Lombardi is ours.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Funny story, my dad got up at a business conference this week and indicated to the assembled crowd that the Patriots would win this game....when asked who he supported in the Super Bowl (non-business question LOL).