Give me Tavon Austin!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: Give me Tavon Austin!

In response to Godvernment's comment:

In response to bredbru's comment:

i'm still trying to find a pass rushing DT who will be there at 29... let you know when i find one....

every penetrating dt i picked shot up 11/2  to 2  1/2rounds in the time since i picked them, pretty much the same wih the rest of my picks as well. only players i picked that are still in reach of where we pick are wrs.

i think kawann short is the only guy. 18 sacks and 49.5 TFL in 50 career games.

only guy as in only penetrting tackle?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moskk. Show moskk's posts

Re: Give me Tavon Austin!

i'm still trying to find a pass rushing DT who will be there at 29... let you know when i find one....

every penetrating dt i picked shot up 11/2  to 2  1/2rounds in the time since i picked them, pretty much the same wih the rest of my picks as well. only players i picked that are still in reach of where we pick are wrs.

i think kawann short is the only guy. 18 sacks and 49.5 TFL in 50 career games.

only guy as in only penetrting tackle?

There are conflicting reports relative to what we gained with the signing of Vega and Armstead, CFL players who performed better than expected and have shown an upside. The cuboard may not be totally bare on the DL side of the ball.  I am increasingly concerned about the safety position and fully expect that BB will target one in FA and depending upon what's available at our 1st pick a DL or safety or trade down for a high 2nd etc.

As in past discussions our biggest needs (relative to another SB run) remain on the DL and the safety/CB weakness. Given a favorable outcome for Dennard and the potential Pats friendly signing of Talib we could have improvement at CB if Dowling returns as a contributer.

I am in agreement that our draft priorities should favor D in the first two rounds where the defensive talent seems better. I expect that BB will trade down (3rd for a 4th & 5th) and, if so, will next target at least one wr (then start looking for best UPSIDE value to include QB, DL, S, WR,CB,OL etc. in no particular order.

Since Welker's price tag may be too rich the need for a WR will be apparent but despite its importance BB will probably wait until the 4-7th rounds to address that need.  There seems to be fairly good talent at that position.

Vollmer is likely to be franchised. His back issues seem to be of less concern following his back surgery several seasons ago and his declining play at the end of the season was due to a knee problem hopefully corrected with his recent "minor" CLEAN-OUT procedure.

What BB does in FA could undoubtably affect preDraft priorities as could the signing of our FAs. I expect to be surprised how FA and the draft actually plays out. It has become the norm to wonder why....

As for another SB run?....Even if we fill ALL our needs, what will our injury situation be relative to the rest of the league and can we hit paydirt with our FA and Draft additions?????