Glad we are not the Browns.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-bilbo. Show Pats-bilbo's posts

Glad we are not the Browns.....

OK I understand the need to have a team and chemistry of a management team and making adjustments... but Come On the browns fire their front office and coaching staff after one season? This is absurd leadership.

Thank God that Kraft never saw the need to do this and that he had a vision and made it happen.

We really take for granted the leadership and organization we are blessed with.

No wonder Josh turned away from the browns opportunity. It makes me have more confidence in his judgement. Too bad for Hoyer.

Just remember when discussing BB/Kraft and the Pats..... at least we aren't the browns.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Glad we are not the Browns.....

Their owner might be going to jail, that should tell you something right there. I think the vast majority of us are glad we have Kraft and BB as a coach but there are some (myself included) who think his GMing needs to be tweeked. Not completely changed as some believe we are saying but tweeked to get more talent and give them a better shot of winnning. In the end we all want the Pats to do the best they can and some just see it as just getting to the playoffs and getting blown out by higher talented isn't good enough when you have a GOAT at coach and QB and the resources to improve that talent but take a different path instead. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Their owner might be going to jail, that should tell you something right there. I think the vast majority of us are glad we have Kraft and BB as a coach but there are some (myself included) who think his GMing needs to be tweeked. Not completely changed as some believe we are saying but tweeked to get more talent and give them a better shot of winnning. In the end we all want the Pats to do the best they can and some just see it as just getting to the playoffs and getting blown out by higher talented isn't good enough when you have a GOAT at coach and QB and the resources to improve that talent but take a different path instead. 

[/QUOTE]

It's a fine line between GOAT and something short of that. If not for a couple of plays, they win two more SBs and are probably the consensus GOAT NFL franchise, ahead of the Packers, Niners, etc., even with the bad playoff losses.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-bilbo. Show Pats-bilbo's posts

I think that every organization/team can always improve. Perfection is a goal even though it is unattainable. There is nothing wrong in saying BB needs to improve and why you think he does. Same with Brady or anyone else on the team. If you asked them they would tell you the same thing... I need to improve and do better.

There are many views and perspectives on what needs to be done and why, and discussing it and respecting others is what a forum like this is about.

However, the name calling and BS on this forum when people cannot agree is silly and a waste of time.

We have good ownership, good GM, good coaching and dedicated focused players. We have a high winning percentage, have been to 5 superbowls since 2000 and we have been to 3 straight conference championships. Is this one of the greatest organizations, team and coaches? You bet it is. Have they made mistakes and could we have done better, of course we could.

As long as the tone or reason someone is on this site posting is based in making us better, how about we stop all the name calling and BS. For those that aren't here to be passionate and postive about the team... IGNORE THEM....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

they need to fire their loser owner

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Cleveland has a very solid D

Cleveland has a very solid O line

Cleveland has over 40 million in CAP space

Cleveland has a ton of draft picks

Hoyer proved Cleveland is a stud QB away from kicking everyone's butt

What exactly is it Lombardi got wrong?

Oh ya, an Owner that's a known and soon to be indicted thief.....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

I'm just glad I don't live in Cleveland. Home of the 'Rock and Roll' Hall of Fame that has Madonna in it but not Alvin Lee, Johnny Winters or The J Geils Band.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to glenr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm just glad I don't live in Cleveland. Home of the 'Rock and Roll' Hall of Fame that has Madonna in it but not Alvin Lee, Johnny Winters or The J Geils Band.

[/QUOTE]

I can give u Alvin Lee and Johnny Winter but J Geils?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to glenr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I can give u Alvin Lee and Johnny Winter but J Geils?

[/QUOTE]

Put on Full House and sit back and take it in...I have seen Geils 4 times, in the 70's, great band and amazing live show...First I look at the purse....ain't nothing better.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's a fine line between GOAT and something short of that. If not for a couple of plays, they win two more SBs and are probably the consensus GOAT NFL franchise, ahead of the Packers, Niners, etc., even with the bad playoff losses.

[/QUOTE]

This is true Muzz, and if for a bit more talent on either D or O maybe those plays were made, but they weren't. So in the end what was on the team just wasn't good enough. Ask the Bills fans about the early 90's and see if they are happy about saying the same thing

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to Pats-bilbo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think that every organization/team can always improve. Perfection is a goal even though it is unattainable. There is nothing wrong in saying BB needs to improve and why you think he does. Same with Brady or anyone else on the team. If you asked them they would tell you the same thing... I need to improve and do better.

There are many views and perspectives on what needs to be done and why, and discussing it and respecting others is what a forum like this is about.

However, the name calling and BS on this forum when people cannot agree is silly and a waste of time.

We have good ownership, good GM, good coaching and dedicated focused players. We have a high winning percentage, have been to 5 superbowls since 2000 and we have been to 3 straight conference championships. Is this one of the greatest organizations, team and coaches? You bet it is. Have they made mistakes and could we have done better, of course we could.

As long as the tone or reason someone is on this site posting is based in making us better, how about we stop all the name calling and BS. For those that aren't here to be passionate and postive about the team... IGNORE THEM....

[/QUOTE]

I completely agree. Look at True and I, with one exception of him calling me Babe and I inturn called him Rusty, we've kept it civil and you can have heated discussions without the name calling.

One thing that kills me though is the over the top, sarcastic extremes people write to make the other side seem crazy. I'd say 80% of the board doesn't want major changes but in these arguments I see it all the time of people using extremes which really annoys me. Why say something that isn't true and you know is just silly when you can have an actual conversation about tweeks and what enhancements need to be made instead of the "fire everyone", "yes lets just get a new coach", "lets just sign every big name FA on the market" type of comments

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Hilarious people can say the Pats had enough talent to go 18-0 and 14-4 and have the lead with 2 minutes left in the super bowl, but that we really needed more talent!  Their whole premise is predicated on the GM not bringing in enough talent as we are honestly a play away in 3 different games(afc 06) of winning 3 more championships!!!

Insanity!!!

You could easily make the case that had BB not brought in the players he did have, extend core veteran players he developed with big contracts, and managed the cap the way he did, then we might not have played in either super bowl or any of the 5 afc championships games of the last 7 years. 

It is very difficult to win super bowls. Ask Peyton Manning and Dan Marino 2 of the greatest QBs in nfl history have 1 gifted SB win between them in over 30 years of of playing. Both of their coaches will be in the HOF. By losing really 3 very close games in the last 7 years we narrowly, very narrowly missed our chance to have 6 super bowl trophies in since BB took over.

Let that marinate.

The premise is insulting to the sport. Might as well say Denver should have had more talent on offense because they got creamed in the super bowl. Record breaking offense was talent deprived based on the result of one game! Yes sir! 

I guess the 2000 baltimore ravens were loaded with talent when trent dilfer was the SB winning QB, and hey how about both 9-7 and 10-6 Giants teams that won 2 super bowls, who were actually rated in the bottom 10 of all super bowl champions. How did a team that went 9-7 win super bowls with 9-7 talent, and then not make the playoffs the next year?

I guess sometimes the oblong shaped ball bounces your way, and sometimes it doesn't.  This league is designed for parity. The 2 teams in the super bowl are usually 2 of the top 5 talented teams in the league because only the best teams make it that far! Most teams cannot sustain their chances, actually no team has other then Bill Belichicks Patriots....but he’s doing it wrong??? Preposterous! 

I respect pats engs point of views and this is not a personal attack on him, I just passionately disagree with the idea that losing 3 super bowls on 1 play is a talent issue and the notion that the GM should have done more. It is a cop out  that excuses the players and the coaches from performing just well enough to win a very close game against one of the other best and most talented teams in the league!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

We won't be a whole lot better than the Browns, once Brady hangs them up.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We won't be a whole lot better than the Browns, once Brady hangs them up.

[/QUOTE]

On a good note after Brady retires phony Pats fans like you go away. You do realize the team went to 2 SBs before Brady? Maybe not since you jumped on the bandwagon after they won one

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

^ Somebody take out the smelly garbage.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Are you crediting Lombardi with all that?  Oh my.  The guy failed and was fired.  Just like BB in Cleveland.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Definitely glad not to be the Browns. Though not sure that Belichick's meddling in their current issues has been very helpful. 

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2014/02/how_bill_belichicks_name_keeps_getting_connected_t.html

Would prefer if BB would stay focused on our issues here in New England.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Definitely glad not to be the Browns. Though not sure that Belichick's meddling in their current issues has been very helpful. 

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2014/02/how_bill_belichicks_name_keeps_getting_connected_t.html

Would prefer if BB would stay focused on our issues here in New England.

[/QUOTE]

Maybe after he runs the Brady horse into the ground, the Browns will be his retirement job.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndyTony. Show IndyTony's posts

In response to MileHighMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Are you crediting Lombardi with all that?  Oh my.  The guy failed and was fired.  Just like BB in Cleveland.

[/QUOTE]

You mean like the Donks in the superbowl...Beatdown...lol