Globe turning into Indy star

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LifeTimePat. Show LifeTimePat's posts

Globe turning into Indy star

I'm having a pretty hard day at work and decided to take a break and checkout BDC and wouldn't you know it....there's ANOTHER piece giving props and love to Manning...

first Bob Ryan from Sunday...Peyton's Place at the Top???
    http://www.boston.com/sports/football/articles/2010/01/31/peytons_place_at_the_top/?page=2

and today Albert Breer ...Is Manning like Jeter????

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/

Who gives a royal rat's cr*p?  I mean really?? comparing a Colt to a Yank on a BOSTON site?  Are you guys for real?
    Peyton's place at the top.... you Bob Ryan?  On BDC?  Come on Man?

It's not jealousy or homerisim that drives this rant, but as a die hard PATS fan, this is my ONLY safe haven from ESPN, SI, MSN and FOX all ranting and raving about Manning etc....
    Can't I fire up my Patriots on BDC and see a relevant article about OUR team?  maybe a draft idea or some rumors about coaching or ANYTHING patriots related that's relatively new?

What a sellout when BDC has to write TWO articles about Manning in TWO days....give me a break!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Re: Globe turning into Indy star

This website has gone down hill every since Reiss left.  Now it's just a bunch of haters and whiners ... on the front page and in the forums.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tamayo2431. Show tamayo2431's posts

I agree with you guys. It's disgusting. Thankfully there's ESPNBoston.com. How are you going to have an article comparing the leaders of the two biggest rivals to New England/Boston Sports. Pathetic.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHUBBIE99. Show CHUBBIE99's posts

NOT MUCH ELSE TO WRITE ABOUT  BUT I SEE YOUR POINT

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LifeTimePat. Show LifeTimePat's posts

Chubbie, you're right... not much to write about, but that's the whole point isn't it?  Why pick PUFF pieces about non other than Manning.... Those two articles report absolutely nothing new about manning relevent to SB predictions, things for us to watch out for etc... nothing.... they are just All-Glory-We-Love-Manning-Too stories on Boston.com

If it's a PUFF piece, let's hear what Troy Brown is doing... or Maybe speculate on Bruschi coming back to coach, or Charity events attended by BB... anything Pats related....

I actually read the quick note on ESPNBoston about Giselle giving birth in her bath tub!  Can you believe that?  Better that story than Manning = Jeter = On top.

So if it's a filler, Puff piece on BDC, it should be related to Boston....that's what got under my skin....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

Maybe they are trying to jinx Manning. You know, like when a somebody goes to the line against the Celtics and Gorman talks about what great free throw shooer they are. And BANG! They clank a free throw

But seriously, a puff piece still has to be about SOMETHING. You can't just make stuff up. Well, unless you are Ron Borges. I guess I've just watched the media wash Peyton's balls for so long that I've become desensitized to it. But on a Boston newspaper? Talk about not knowing your audience!

That's the thing with the Boston sportswriters. These dinosaurs are completely out of touch with the people they are working for- the readers. They are condescending arrogant blowhards. There is one of them. Shaugnessy, Ryan or Felger (I don't know. Same difference) that takes a shot at Curt Schilling any chance they get. Why? At some point he hurt thier feelings. These people are very petty and vindictive. And at some point  lost sight of the fact that they are nothing more than a conduit for sports information. They think it's about them. But it's not.  Curt broke the curse with one of the most gutty playoff performances in the history of sports. Which side do you think the fans are going to take. You are simply making a fool of yourself.

But that's enough of a rant on the state of sport reporting in Boston. No offense, but if you don't like it, don't read it. That's what I do. I stopped letting it bother me a long time ago.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

All they need now is a Manning Tracker.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

There are enough colts fan on this site that it might as well be

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsboy11. Show celticsboy11's posts

a good number of Boston Sports media are nothing but FRAUDS. Starting with this Buffoon here from the Globe, Bob Ryan, and then Michael Felger and Mazzeratti, 2 of the biggest FRAUDS in the Boston Media on that radio station 98.5 sports Hub. They love the Jets, Colts, Lakers, Cavs, any team and every team that are Boston team's biggest and most hated Rivals.

They love it when Boston team loses games because it helps their cause to have endless ammo to say, "see this is what we told you about this team and why they're losing.." When the team wins, its like they forget to talk about Sports, the conversation goes completely to some jibberish, babbling bullsht about how they love to rub on each other's c0cks when they're off the air. In all seriousness, they never really talk about the win, what the team did right or give credit to the coaches and players. Hell, they'll even talk about how the Boston team's rival is doing rather then talk about their own. It is just downright sickening and my ears hurt and I can't even turn on these piece of sht garbage stations anymore, I just listen to music. What's worse is the idiots who call up to agree with them, those are usually the ones they give a little bit longer of airtime to s u ck up to em'. those that disagree, get dumped real quick and not even finish their argument or they get belittled as if they know nothing about sports.

You go to the rivals team's websites and it is nothing, i mean nothing but hate for us, no matter what. Some would still bring that bullsht spygate if the Patriots had a winning streak. Its time some of you fans do your part and stop listening to those buffoon FRAUDS and drive their ratings down until we can get homers.

Gary Tangaray and Scott Zolack are much better. I wish they'd give Tommy Heinson his own dam show, that's my guy, love his commentating and bashing of refs against his beloved team. Thats what a true fan does, no matter what, you stick with your team.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

Patzboy I agree totally

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from patswirelessfan. Show patswirelessfan's posts

I see those the headlines to those pieces and I don't bother to read em.......

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

The real test will be after the Colts lose the superbowl.

Manning and the Colts will be the choke artists of the decade, but will the sports media have the integrity to say it in print.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from piersall. Show piersall's posts

I'm a die-hard Pats fan, and it hurts alot to not be in this thing.  One thing I (think) I've learned over the years is how to be objective, despite my passion for my teams.  Other teams' fans aside, Peyton Manning is the best QB in the NFL hands down.  I wish I could say it about Tom Brady, who is very good, but do a little comparison on this year, and one must give Peyton his due.  If you don't like players because of their fans' behavior, you're deluded.  Also, what's not to like about Peyton Manning?  He seems pretty solid to me. I'm pulling for the AFC, and I would predict that Manning is capable of bringing this one home.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tamayo2431. Show tamayo2431's posts

No way you can be a die-hard Pats fan and root for the Colts. It's almost as bad as being a Sox fan but wanting the Yanks to win the World Series just because its the AL?

Putting the teams and hate/love aside, how could you not root for the Saints? I mean, New Orlean has gone through so much and those fans are so passionate and hungry for success. The Colts already won a few years back.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsboy11. Show celticsboy11's posts

piersall is a perfect example of a FRAUD fan

enough said!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Maybe guys like Breer see how all of the Colts threads dominate the board, and get hundreds of posts.  Maybe he figures discussing the Colts is real popular around here.  I know, it's crazy.  Where in the world would anyone get an idea like that.  It's not like you'll ever come here and see half of the threads talking about the Colts...LOL

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LifeTimePat. Show LifeTimePat's posts

tam....your 100% right....piersall....you are either a fruad or nuts.... I'm not going into a debate about manning being good or not (leave that to a colts fan)... The point is that you and the globe feel that it's relevant to tout that on a BOSTON site, without even connecting it to a Pats angle....say Brady?

WE...as real die hard fans, would take Brady any day over all the manning chokes.  Don't you remember how BB OWNED manning in the SB era....

caraway... I kind of see your point, but I really don't think the globe is playing this angle.  I mean, this bored is Always populated with new and very long threads....doesn't need any outside help (unlike the Indy star)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from avahia. Show avahia's posts

I agree... we need reiss back.... he atleast kept giving updates.... whether they were entirely relevant or not.... gasper is pretty non-specific....tries too hard and just comes across as wannabe

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hooterdawg. Show hooterdawg's posts

There is no Manning Rule...but there is  Brady Rule. Rodney Harrison himself accused Tom Brady of wearing a skirt for whining to the refs about contact. And the BDC forum is a joke even on other Patriots sites. You kids are a bunch of whiners and complainers with no appreciation for the game or its worthy stars if the Patriots aren't involved in the conversation. BDC forum is a shameless homer forum that is not relevant to any truely appreciative sports fan. The city of Boston has always been a great sports town filled with mostly knowledgeable sports fans. They just don't come to BDC forums.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 81pats12. Show 81pats12's posts

its not actually called "the brady rule" i hate idiots who say that and if its anybody's rule its carson palmer.... we do appreciate the game but our passion is for the pats and if you're passionate about something the best way to go about it is find other people just as passionate about the same subject and converse about it... nobody is saying peyton is a bad QB we're saying we dislike the guy and all the B.S undeserved hype surrounding him(our guy is better when it counts) he's one of them... we dont want to hear about ANY of them we want to hear about US US US and more US... no other teams' paper goes out of their way to praise the pats or any of its players.... everywhere you go its "F the pats" "cheaters this cheaters that" so excuse us for wanting a boston paper to write more about a boston team!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 81pats12. Show 81pats12's posts

while bill cowher is praising the pats and dismissing the role spygate played in the pats winning games(at espnboston) the globe is writing about chad and T.o throwing parties and freakin rich gannon!!! like seriously can a diehard pats fan please tell me if they actually give a rats' behind about effin rich gannon????!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LifeTimePat. Show LifeTimePat's posts

hey 81... well said on both posts....
    " nobody is saying peyton is a bad QB we're saying we dislike the guy and all the B.S undeserved hype surrounding him(our guy is better when it counts) he's one of them... we dont want to hear about ANY of them we want to hear about US US US and more US... no other teams' paper goes out of their way to praise the pats or any of its players....

"the globe is writing about chad and T.o throwing parties and freakin rich gannon!!! like seriously can a diehard pats fan please tell me if they actually give a rats' behind about effin rich gannon????!! "

Thats EXACTLY why I'm ranting about all this!

I was trying to explain that over lunch yesterday to a brain-washed non-football fan who is in love with manning based on all the commericals and all the media love (propaganda!)..... they just don't see the other side that we Pats fans have been seeing for the past decade.... that manning is a 1st round pick, highest paid NFL QB (ever??), surrounded by HOF talent from the start on both sides, yet he still manages to have a losing playoff record (until this year).....yet he's the greatest???  And as we mentioned before, even if he is, talk about it elsewhere....not at BDC!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

very nice articles. 

Encinitas - the amount of hate you display towards the colts and Manning is ridiculous. 

Did you ever think that maybe the Quarterback also makes the receiver?  How great was Randy Moss with the Raiders?  Welker with the Dolphins?  How about Owens with the Bills? 

There is no doubt that Manning has had the benefit of good receivers, but much of their greatness has come through their hard work and the great quarterback they've had.  Just ask Owens.  He'll tell you (and he's not wrong).   

Marvin Harrison was the 4th receiver taken in the 96 draft behind Key Johnson; Terry (she) Glenn - Pats could have had Harrison; and Eddie Kennison.  What do you attribute that to?  I call it hard work and a great QB.  Until Manning came along, Harrison caught 64 & 73 balls.  Manning's rookie year he caught 59.  Following that he ran off 4 straight years of more than 100 catches and 94 the following year.  That's the QB. 

Reggie Wayne was the 6th receiver taken in the 01 draft behind:  David Terrell, Koren Robinson, Rod Gardner, Santana Moss, and Freddie Mitchell.  In that same draft were Chad Johnson and Steve Smith.  Wayne has never been a first team all pro while these guys have 2 each.  But Wayne's production exceeds both of these guys - even with Marvin Harrison on the other side.  Why?  because of his QB. 

And to what do you attribute Brandon Stokely's rise from the trash heap to the precursor of Wes Welker - Peyton Manning. 

And to what do you attribute the rise of Pierre Garcon and Austin Collie - Peyton Manning. 

I am not saying that Polian hasn't found good guys to fit what Manning needs them to do, he does.  But there are enough busts taken ahead of guys like Harrison and Wayne that you have to attribute their success to something other than simply a fortunate pick. 

Finally, this win in the clutch thing gets Brady so much praise, but when he won, he had a great, dominant D and clutch kickers.  Manning had (before 06) marginal defenses and Vanderjagt who missed a game tying FG against Pitt in 05.  

Brady is awesome, but he's not better than Manning.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

If the local daily running stories about the prominent players involved in the upcoming Super Bowl sets you off to this degree, I certainly wouldn't want to be around when the kids spill the milk.