Globe turning into Indy star

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LifeTimePat. Show LifeTimePat's posts

Re: Globe turning into Indy star

Udogg... this post is not about debating Manning as good QB or not.... it's directed towards the Globe writers feeling it necessary to write about him on a Boston site twice in two days.

As many of us said, we want to hear about NE-relevant material, NOT puff pieces about Manning that shed no new light about anything. 

P-mike... that dig was uncalled for.  Once again for those who missed it:  If the globe writers wrote something RELEVANT about Manning related to the SB (predictions, behind the scenes etc), no problems.  BUT to write PUFF pieces comparing a Colt to a Yank on a Boston site is worthless...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hooterdawg. Show hooterdawg's posts

Even when the Patriots were dominating, Pat fans got ruffled whenever the Globe or Herald ran any story that was not flattering. Pat fans on BDC seem obsessed to only want to read about the Patriots and nothing else. Every true football fan should be interested in everything leading up to the SB. There are tons of stories about Brees and the Saints as well. The two best teams in the NFL are competing, and they got there for a reason. Do you think that football fans around the world didnt have to read stories about Brady, Belichick  etc. ad nauseaum during the Pats SB years? Listen to the SIRIUS NFL station. How much time have they spent talking about the Patriots during Super Bowl week...practically none. The Globe is a national publication distributed all over the US and internet. The Globe is writing for more than local fans. The Globe is following the trend of stories written by the AP, NFL.com, and every other sports outlet in the USA this week. Most of the stories about Manning are how polished he is with the media: talking a lot and revealing little.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

LTP = What's irrelevant about what they wrote. 

Manning is very likeable, successful, and he is currently the man of the hour in sports.  If he wasn't, do you think he'd have all the endorsements he has? 

Re: the Ryan story, it is blind fandom (and I possess it, too, at times) by Pats fans that disregard all that Manning has accomplished by identifying about the only thing that Brady has over Manning (# of SB vics, which is a team award) as if it is the only criteria for consideration. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Since you guys don't like your local rag's writers doing this, here is one from a former Patriot.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/ross_tucker/02/02/peyton.manning/index.html

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LifeTimePat. Show LifeTimePat's posts

dogg, the question that begs to be asked is this:

Why should the fact that Manning is likeable be pertinent to Boston sports fans and Why compare him to a major rival (Jeter)
    (Analogy: Rush Limbaugh going on Fox News and saying Jimmy Carter was likeable and comparing him to, say Nancy Pilosi.  Whether it's true or not, the republican audience is not interested and won't buy into it and might even be offended by it?)

Bob Ryan making a case for Manning as the greatest?  Shouldn't this be Bob Kravitz's job with Ryan making an opposing case for Brady?

What if the Indy Star (Kravitz again) posting an article stating that because Brady has three rings, he surpasses Manning as the greatest of this decade.... would that be controversial to Indy fans?  More importantly.....would it be relevant to Indy fans??

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LifeTimePat. Show LifeTimePat's posts

Dogg.... main difference in Tucker's article is that he is employed by SI and has to shed his homirism.  That's actually the correct forum for it and good for him if he wants to express that opinion....See the difference?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

LTP - to your points. 

1.  Re: the manning/jeter article - I would suppose that it was written about Manning because this is Supebowl week which is covered worldwide including in Boston and the writer is a pro football writer for the Globe on assignment in Miami.  As for the Jeter reference, you have a point.

2.  I can only tell you that Kravitz has done plenty of ragging on Manning and all things sports in this town.  Its both Ryan and Kravitz's job to do so.  They specifically get paid to opine, even from a negative perspective, and for them the more controversial the column the reads the column gets and more papers and or internet ads sold.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LifeTimePat. Show LifeTimePat's posts

Dogg.  glad we agree on Jeter (finally, huh?...LOL)

Greg.. hypocritical, huh?  You don't want to hear me be a whinny petulant child, you have the choice NOT to read my post and certainly NOT respond to it...right?

You read something that irked you (my post) and you chided me on it.....isn't that exactly what I did....I read two articles that irked me and commented on them?

you sound like a guy who wants to use "big boy" words.... did you have to google them...LOL

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LifeTimePat. Show LifeTimePat's posts

Vindication is awesome!  All you Globe writers who threw the Pats under the bus and crowned Manning as the best on OUR site.... Choke on his pick six!

GO PATS!!!! The team of the DECADE!