Globe's Greg Bedard moving on to Sports Illustrated

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Globe's Greg Bedard moving on to Sports Illustrated

41m

Yes it’s true: I will be joining Sports Illustrated as a senior writer effective May 1. Love the Globe. This was just a terrific opportunity

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: Globe's Greg Bedard moving on to Sports Illustrated

I thought Bedard was top notch. Best we have had breaking down actual football (rather than rumors) in a long, long time...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejuice1. Show thejuice1's posts

for him but too bad for us no matter who they get to replace him he will not be half as good

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

Damn...

He is a great writer and certainly a top authority on Pats news...

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

In response to jjdbrasil's comment:

Greg A. Bedard @GregABedard 41m

Yes it’s true: I will be joining Sports Illustrated as a senior writer effective May 1. Love the Globe. This was just a terrific opportunity

Good riddance. It took him about 6 months before he got Breer'd.

Good analsyst some of the time, but his anti-BB stance early on cut him off and it clouded his objectivity.

Bedard is not anti-BB, unless calling BB arguably the greatest coach of all time qualifies him in that regard.  Providing an occasional critique does not make him anti-BB.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Does that mean Bredbru is also going to work for SI?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Who cares.  I get all my Football facts from Rusty.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

Not that anyone asked me but thought he did more than  a reaosnably good job..

Good luck to ya now...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

How can that be?!

I get mine from BdBreu, RKarp, Mt Hurl, Pezzy, Shizzles and people like you.

You get yours from delusional@BB.com.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

we all do-even bellichick

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to pezz4pats's comment:

How can that be?!

I get mine from BdBreu, RKarp, Mt Hurl, Pezzy, Shizzles and people like you.

You get yours from delusional@BB.com.

:  ))

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

I really liked Bedard's work at the Globe.  He was definitely one of the better ones bringing us Pats news.  I enjoyed his interactions with all fans via twitter or NFL event get-togethers.  He was an outstanding replacement for the fifth Kraft son who I thought, became (and still is) a little too apologetic for the team and management.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Does that mean Bredbru is also going to work for SI?

He's been calling that since the end of the season. 

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportstalk. Show sportstalk's posts

I thought he did fine on the blog writing end, especially w/ the technical slant he took at times.  Those videos he made w/ Jermaine Wiggins were pretty awkward though & indicated he needed a little more polish in that area.  I followed him on twitter, where I thought his personality & sense of humor really got a chance to shine.  I think the position nowadays requires a multimedia prescence to be really effective, & he at least tried.  The job of Globe Patriots/NFL reporter has to be a tough one in Boston.  The Patriots really give you nothing so you have to manufacture a lot of stuff.  IMO, that is one of the reasons the slot has been a revolving door for the Globe the past few years.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to jjdbrasil's comment:

Greg A. Bedard @GregABedard 41m

I thought Bedard learned a lot about patriots football in his short time covering them. He did a good job of explaining some cerebral things but could be a little boring at times but he mostly knew his stuff.  This is a good move for him, but does this mean we have to see more of Gasper??? if so, I dont like it..

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportstalk. Show sportstalk's posts

In response to sportstalk's comment:

I thought he did fine on the blog writing end, especially w/ the technical slant he took at times.  Those videos he made w/ Jermaine Wiggins were pretty awkward though & indicated he needed a little more polish in that area.  I followed him on twitter, where I thought his personality & sense of humor really got a chance to shine.  I think the position nowadays requires a multimedia prescence to be really effective, & he at least tried.  The job of Globe Patriots/NFL reporter has to be a tough one in Boston.  The Patriots really give you nothing so you have to manufacture a lot of stuff.  IMO, that is one of the reasons the slot has been a revolving door for the Globe that past few years.

Agree.  And, I think what happens is the wrtier comes in here and is suprised by that so they end up developing an agenda towards BB with resentment.

When BB cut off Peter King after King lied during the witch hunt in the fall of 2007, that was it. 

King had full access before, now he has little to none.

There was a point early on in the 2010 season where Bedard's whole tone changed. I liked his style at first, then he just started using his blog to drop in snide one liners towards BB.

He knows the Xs and Os and all that which was a huge boost from Breer or Shalise (she was clearly a fill in until they found someone which was Bedard), but he never could separate the anti-BB agenda from mid 2010 until now.

I also would no be shocked if he lifted analysis from this board itself. There were NUMEROUs times where I'd see analysis by him come well after the debates on this board were here.

He says he been saying Hernandez takes over for Welker "for a while", but I just read that very recently.

I was saying it LAST year when BB upped Hernandez before the market with Edelman as a back up to Hernadez.

Yes, and we all know how getting on BB's bad side can be a hindrance to your sportsmedia career aspirations here in Boston.  Are you listening, Ron Borges?  :)