Go Rebels!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Go Rebels!!

How about those Libyan Rebels.  A good day for Democracy and the World. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Re: Go Rebels!!

Next stop Syria

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Throw in Iran and N. Korea for a little seasoning!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sfpat. Show sfpat's posts

Be careful what you wish for........

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Go Rebels!!:
    [QUOTE]Throw in Iran and N. Korea for a little seasoning!
    Posted by jimmytantric[/QUOTE]

LOL

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

Out with the old tyrant in with the new ones.  They've hung, beheaded and raped members of the opposition just like those loyal to Gaddafi.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from fatsam72. Show fatsam72's posts

[QUOTE] Out with the old tyrant in with the new ones.  They've hung, beheaded and raped members of the opposition just like those loyal to Gaddafi.
    Posted by patsfaninpa420[/QUOTE]

you and lippa should hang out.

at least that's my oppion.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

I guess it's not over yet.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Just like those rebels in Afghanistan back in the 80s that the US supported?

How about those brave rebels all over the world fighting against the Evil American Empire?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

to quote Charlie Wilson's War:  "we'll see".  Remember the freedom fighters against the Soviets in the 70's and 80's.  turned into the Talban

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from expertmike. Show expertmike's posts

[QUOTE]Just like those rebels in Afghanistan back in the 80s that the US supported? How about those brave rebels all over the world fighting against the Evil American Empire?
    Posted by themightypatriotz[/QUOTE]
    =================

When they fight against us, they're called terrorists. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

What does 80's Afghanistan have to do with a population uprising against a tyrant who has American blood on his hands?  Afghanistan was an opportunity for us to help take out the Russians.  The Enemy of my Enemy is my friend.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Point is you cheer for them now, like you cheered the Taliban in the 80s, but the minute they don't step in line with America's demands, you'll hate them and call them terrorists, like the Taliban.  

Point is ... ever stop and consider that maybe America is the bad guys? Maybe we need a good old fashioned rebellion here at home.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

No....If you remember we did not take the lead on this.  We waited for the Arab league to beg us via NATO to help.  We/Obama was taking sh*t about Egypt, Libya and now Syria for not jumping right in.

I'm good with our response to the Arab Spring uprisings.  It's been extremely Hands Off.  If one tyrant is replaced by another well that's the population's problem for letting it happen.  As long as the new governments don't plot to kill Americans, it's OK.  Plus I'm going to be positive and be happy for them.  I'm not going to buy into what the fear mongers at Fox NEWS always try selling.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

In Response to Go Rebels!!:
    [QUOTE]How about those Libyan Rebels.  A good day for Democracy and the World. 
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

The only Rebels I care about are Ole Miss!!!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]Point is you cheer for them now, like you cheered the Taliban in the 80s, but the minute they don't step in line with America's demands, you'll hate them and call them terrorists, like the Taliban.   Point is ... ever stop and consider that maybe America is the bad guys? Maybe we need a good old fashioned rebellion here at home.
    Posted by themightypatriotz[/QUOTE]

I believe it's here; they're called the Tea Party. Just ask Whacky Maxine and her Black Congressional Carcass. "Enemy" and "terrorists" are names she and her brain dead yahoos continually (and quite proudly) throw out. This includes teh Great Amateur himself. Nice eh? So much for a new Era of Civility that Big Ears declared after the Tucson shooting (which was, as they chose to ignore, NOT politically motivated). Guess "civility" only happens when folks cowtow to THEIR wishes, point of view, and politics. VERY nice!

I can see November 2012 from here!  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]No....If you remember we did not take the lead on this.  We waited for the Arab league to beg us via NATO to help.  We/Obama was taking sh*t about Egypt, Libya and now Syria for not jumping right in. I'm good with our response to the Arab Spring uprisings.  It's been extremely Hands Off.  If one tyrant is replaced by another well that's the population's problem for letting it happen.  As long as the new governments don't plot to kill Americans, it's OK.  Plus I'm going to be positive and be happy for them.  I'm not going to buy into what the fear mongers at Fox NEWS always try selling.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

And they'll all live happily ever after, getting eh Dan Rather treatment (It may not happen that way but I WANT it to).

Reality really sux, right? Especially when we have absolutely NO idea of who the "new leaders" will be, or what they stand for. At least until such time as they declare, and UN sanctions need to be brought to bear on them. Oh! I love that merry-go-round! Why can't Libya and Egypt turn to that paragon of revolution, Lebanon, for the stability in the region that they enjoy and provide?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Cool thread!  Football season started so I have no idea what's going on in the world.  But if you ask about football I know all the up to the minute stuff!

Now I can come here and get my worldly news!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]No....If you remember we did not take the lead on this.  We waited for the Arab league to beg us via NATO to help.  We/Obama was taking sh*t about Egypt, Libya and now Syria for not jumping right in. I'm good with our response to the Arab Spring uprisings.  It's been extremely Hands Off.  If one tyrant is replaced by another well that's the population's problem for letting it happen.  As long as the new governments don't plot to kill Americans, it's OK.  Plus I'm going to be positive and be happy for them.  I'm not going to buy into what the fear mongers at Fox NEWS always try selling.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

"If one tyrant is replaced by another well that's the population's problem for letting it happen."

Now, that's funny! NIce to know that you're putting faith in an uneducated mass of rebels to determine who will lead them in a strategically important part of the world. Let's take a look at how "the people chose" their leadres after rbellion in places like: Russia, China, Iran, Libya, and my personal favorite, Cuba. They don't know or can grasp long term ideas and concepts. They're only concern is the here and now, using the preface "in the name of the people". Meanwhile, some yahoo is plotting behind eh scenes to make their meger existance ongoing, while he, and a handful of cohorts, reap the benefits of things that they deposed the previous regime over. Want proof />?ook only as far as Iraq and Afghanistan. They have rtheir "freedon", yet some of them can't stop being "brave" and secretly blowing up people set up to defend and protect them, innocent women and children just trying to,live, and soldies of the only country in the world strong enough to give them their freedom. 

Here's a thoguht. Give me $1000 to invest for you. You don't need to know where or how I'll invest it, and I'll tell you how well your investment was doing at some point in the future. Would you buy into that? Ah! But if it dopesn't work out and provide you with $500 of profit, fear not. It's what YOU wanted to do.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]to quote Charlie Wilson's War:  "we'll see".  Remember the freedom fighters against the Soviets in the 70's and 80's.  turned into the Talban
    Posted by provpats[/QUOTE]
    Not really.  Charlie Wilsons war was a BS movie by an incompetent Senator looking to excuse his own incompetence.  Saying Al Qaida was part of the Mujahadeen is like saying American minute men were really just British troops.  Maybe at one time, in another fight, for another cause some were.  But that's not accurate to what the purpose or motivation behind Al Qaida became.

The rise of Al Qaida is more closely related to the Gulf War (1), funded by Bin Laden himself, and for the purpose of furthering Islam more than any political agenda.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

ALso: New day, same crapolla.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Go Rebels!! : "If one tyrant is replaced by another well that's the population's problem for letting it happen." Now, that's funny! NIce to know that you're putting faith in an uneducated mass of rebels to determine who will lead them in a strategically important part of the world. Let's take a look at how "the people chose" their leadres after rbellion in places like: Russia, China, Iran, Libya, and my personal favorite, Cuba. They don't know or can grasp long term ideas and concepts. They're only concern is the here and now, using the preface "in the name of the people". Meanwhile, some yahoo is plotting behind eh scenes to make their meger existance ongoing, while he, and a handful of cohorts, reap the benefits of things that they deposed the previous regime over. Want proof />?ook only as far as Iraq and Afghanistan. They have rtheir "freedon", yet some of them can't stop being "brave" and secretly blowing up people set up to defend and protect them, innocent women and children just trying to,live, and soldies of the only country in the world strong enough to give them their freedom.  Here's a thoguht. Give me $1000 to invest for you. You don't need to know where or how I'll invest it, and I'll tell you how well your investment was doing at some point in the future. Would you buy into that? Ah! But if it dopesn't work out and provide you with $500 of profit, fear not. It's what YOU wanted to do.  
    Posted by AZPAT[/QUOTE]

Well AZ anything is possible.  I'm just not going to Sh*t on them or assume they will chose a certian course.  I'll wait a few years to see and hope they get it right.