Go San Diego!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Re: Go San Diego!

Who built Stonehenge? What are the mysteries of the Great Pyrimids? Did alien life forms visit the earth? How does Norv Turner keep his job? These are the mysteries that puzzle mankind. The next time the Chargers do a highlight package Lennard Nimoy should narrate.

No one snatches defeat from the jaws of victory quite like Norv Turner.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Where the heck is jbolt to explain this travesty? 4th and 29 on a dumpoff? 

If Norv survives this disgrace it will be a disgrace.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to Neal Page's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to pezz4pats's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ya, too bad the game is 60 minutes and not 57.  We would have surely won despite the 38/22 TOP.

If you don't understand that yards take time away from the O, (particually in a close game) then there is no hope for you.

If you don't understand that they are last in the league in 3rd down % and plays over 20 then there is no hope for you.

Do you really expect 6 TO games every week?  I don't.  Or scoring 3 td's in 57 seconds?  Oh yeah, that happens once every 60 years.  LOL.

An acceptable amount of points would be less than your O scores.  Nothing else!  That is a good D, not the ones that give up 29 when the O scores 50+.

Considering it's the D's job to prevent points AND prevent 1st downs And get the ball back to the O, i'd call it a failure.  35 first downs to BUFFALO is not acceptable.  Neither is 26 to Eli in an 8 possession game.  Get it???

[/QUOTE]

Actually, the TOP would have been closer to 30/30 if your virtual boyfriend didn't do these 3 thigns:

1. Take a Safety on the opening drive. Arguably the worst opening drive ni SB history. In fact, I just checked, it is.

2. An INT, the worst of his career, on 1st down in the 4th qtr with a lead.

3. Less than good throw to the wrong shoulder of a dwarf WR.

Only you would not be able to link a sluggish, stuttering finesse offense and its inability to help its own D to the tune of two SB losses in the same fashion, with TWO completely casts of personnel on each D.

Duh!

You must have been something in elementary school with them trying to teach you basic concepts.

[/QUOTE]

So if those things wouldn't have happened, the D wouldn't have been on the field for 4 minutes and 45 seconds per drive?  What stopped them from being on the field for 6+ minutes on the first drive in 46 or for 10+ minutes on the first drive in SB 42?

Any of those things happen before the first drive in either game?

I think having the lead in both games up until the last 35 and 57 seconds is doing enough to win.  Tell us again how the offense blew the lead?  Did they have to give points back or something?

Again, even with your limited knowledge, you should know that NO TEAM scores 30+ every game.  The difference in winning or losing is how much your D gives up.

Allowing 26, 1st downs to Eli in an 8 possession game is the reason for the TOP,  and the reason for the loss.

Where were the INT's in that game from the prolific D?  Weren't they averaging 2.4 T/o's per game last year too?

Funny thing, they don't seem to get any against play-0ff caliber teams, without a huge lead.

Wonder why?

Maybe you should read that article.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ya, too bad the game is 60 minutes and not 57.  We would have surely won despite the 38/22 TOP.

If you don't understand that yards take time away from the O, (particually in a close game) then there is no hope for you.

If you don't understand that they are last in the league in 3rd down % and plays over 20 then there is no hope for you.

Do you really expect 6 TO games every week?  I don't.  Or scoring 3 td's in 57 seconds?  Oh yeah, that happens once every 60 years.  LOL.

An acceptable amount of points would be less than your O scores.  Nothing else!  That is a good D, not the ones that give up 29 when the O scores 50+.

Considering it's the D's job to prevent points AND prevent 1st downs And get the ball back to the O, i'd call it a failure.  35 first downs to BUFFALO is not acceptable.  Neither is 26 to Eli in an 8 possession game.  Get it???

[/QUOTE]

Pezz, take a look at this from Greg Bedard's column today. The Pats D is evolving. Where it winds up is anyone's guess, but Belichick was not showing too much early on in the season.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/2012/11/26/win-was-something-behold/CWrXsA7nkGsvE5CkFCbedI/story.html

Adding more layers in the secondary: With the return of safety Patrick Chung (shoulder) into the lineup, the Patriots used three sub packages against the Jets. There was the normal nickel package (41.5 percent before the final two Jet drives), with cornerback Kyle Arrington taking the place of a linebacker, either Dont'a Hightower or Brandon Spikes, and playing the star slot corner position. Chung was inserted as the fifth defensive back in a big nickel used to combat tight end Dustin Keller (16.9 percent). That's the first time the Patriots have showed that this season. The dime package featuring Arrington and safety Tavon Wilson in place of Hightower and Spikes was used for just one snap against the Jets, although it had been featured before the injuries at safety. Add in that the Patriots continued to mix in more 3-4 alignment, their best run defense along with their 4-3 base, and you have a defense that is becoming more multiple by the week. This is something Bill Belichick does as the season moves along, and it puts more on the plate for opposing quarterbacks and coordinators to prepare for.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to Neal Page's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to pezz4pats's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Actually, the TOP would have been closer to 30/30 if your virtual boyfriend didn't do these 3 things:

1. Take a Safety on the opening drive. Arguably the worst opening drive in SB history. In fact, I just checked, it is.

2. An INT, the worst of his career, on 1st down in the 4th qtr with a lead.

3. Less than good throw to the wrong shoulder of a dwarf WR.

Only you would not be able to link a sluggish, stuttering finesse offense and its inability to help its own D to the tune of two SB losses in the same fashion, with TWO completely casts of personnel on each D.

Duh!

You must have been something in elementary school with them trying to teach you basic concepts.

PS SF's vaunted D allowed the Giants 39 minutes of time. Why?  Because NY's offene is balanced and good AND SF's rookie punt returner fumbled TWICE. Those two fumbles are why NY won, 39 minutes of time or not.

Obviously, 2 or more turnovers or successive 3 and out situations (which are pretty much like a turnover because of field position switching so dramatically) generate more TOP of the opponent.

Double duh!

We're still waiting on BB's players drafted on O and D with a total for each. Interesting how you wont back that up. Maybe it's because it's a lie? lol

[/QUOTE]

Oh, I said TOP draft picks meaning first 2 rounds and that info has already been presented numerous times.   U must not have been on your meds those days.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to NY-PATS-FAN4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Pezz, take a look at this from Greg Bedard's column today. The Pats D is evolving. Where it winds up is anyone's guess, but Belichick was not showing too much early on in the season.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/2012/11/26/win-was-something-behold/CWrXsA7nkGsvE5CkFCbedI/story.html

Adding more layers in the secondary: With the return of safety Patrick Chung (shoulder) into the lineup, the Patriots used three sub packages against the Jets. There was the normal nickel package (41.5 percent before the final two Jet drives), with cornerback Kyle Arrington taking the place of a linebacker, either Dont'a Hightower or Brandon Spikes, and playing the Âstar slot corner position. Chung was inserted as the fifth defensive back in a big nickel used to combat tight end Dustin Keller (16.9 percent). That's the first time the Patriots have showed that this season. The dime package featuring Arrington and safety Tavon Wilson in place of Hightower and Spikes was used for just one snap against the Jets, although it had been featured before the injuries at safety. Add in that the Patriots continued to mix in more 3-4 alignment, their best run defense along with their 4-3 base, and you have a defense that is becoming more multiple by the week. This is something Bill Belichick does as the season moves along, and it puts more on the plate for opposing quarterbacks and coordinators to prepare for.

[/QUOTE]

I hope they are evolving and I do think Talib has given them something so that they can try different things but unfortunately, to date, I see a D living off turn-overs and not much more.

They WILL have to do more to go far into the play-offs as they will undoubtable meet teams that aren't so generous in the T/O department and teams that can keep points to a minimum. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

End of the day, Ravens are 9-2 because of Rice's run on 4th and 29.  Chargers pathetic.

They eeked out a win at home against NE.  Love for Pats to see these guys again..too bad it'll pobably have to be on the road.  Freaking 4h and 29 to the third option.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

We all the know the Chargers are...the Chargers! I have to point out that on that 4th & 29 play, yeah Rice should not have made it that far because two San Diego defenders took bad angles, but that was a clear illegal block to the back on that one San Diego defender who would have stopped Rice well short of the first down mark. Idiot refs did not see it, surprise surprise, but whats even more rediculous is the fact that that particular play is celebrated as a huge play by Baltimore when its clear as day it was a gift! Come on man