In response to jri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to NESportnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to thehub's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Take a break from the Pats talk and vote. Even if you don't vote for my guy, just vote! Check that, go vote IF you have been paying attention. 

[/QUOTE]

And, as is in all elections, IF YOU DON'T VOTE, YOU CAN'T BITCH! VOTE OUT ALL INCUMBENTS!!!!

[/QUOTE]

Simplistic Bull**** that will solve nothing

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, beacause the career hacks on both sides that are currently still in office have done such a wonderful job. Ity may be simplisitic but at this point it is the best altrnative. Time for people to send a message that holding public office is no longer going to be allowed to be a career.

[/QUOTE]

The sad part is the founding fathers never meant it to be a career they meant it to be a service to ones country. I'm not even sure if they actually got paid while they were appointed originally. Somewhere this country got turned around once politics became a career and not a service

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

Re: Go vote tomorrow

In response to Neal Page's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TSWFAN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to DanishPastry's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Obama is expected to take an early lead until the Republicans get off work and can vote!!!

[/QUOTE]

Obama is expected to take an early lead - and keep it. Read the Nate Silver blog. A guy who nailed 49 of 50 states in 2008, and who studies polls and correlations to winning for a living, has Obama a more than 90 % favorite. I don't know what that corresponds to football-wise, Paul K can probably help on that, but I'm thinking Patriots vs. Chiefs at Gilette. It's not a slam dunk, but a Romney win a this stage would be a huge upset.

Romney had a strong period just after the first debate, where he seemed to have a lot of momentum. But it stopped and the picture has returned to what it was before that debate.

[/QUOTE]

THIS IS NOT 2008. Obama has had a failed Presidency for 4 years. If he gets re-elected the failure will be compounded!!! The Libya lies will bury him!!

[/QUOTE]

No, he hasn't had a "failed" presidency for 4 years. He's had a filibustering Congress and was dealt the worst hand since FDR. 

Reagan wisely raised taxes in 1982, too.  Each time it's worked. In good economies, you don't need to do that/nor does it work.

Obama's second term will be about strategically making cuts and balancing the budget, but his foreign policy successes have also been surprisingly strong.  Call it like it is.  The rhetoric won't work, dude.

It's all rhetoric and propganda. Weed through it and get to the facts.

filibustering Congress???? HA, 2 YEARS in control of both Houses. What foreign policy success? Don't say killing Bin Lauden. That was a no brainer and I'm a military school grad.

[/QUOTE]

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

Yeah, filibustering Congress per John Bohener's own words, which intelligent people didn't need anyway. I knew it from day 1. I am an American first and political party guy way down near the bottom of my list. It's not about the party/shouldn't be.

Plain as day. Stall in Congress, block any kind of progress, all for political reasons on the backs of Americans out of work.

Super!

I am assuming you think Romney didn't call your or me (the people who don't make more than 250K in this country) "entitled" too? He did. It's documented proof. That should be more than enough for anyone who doesn't make 250K+ to not vote for him.   He got caught.

As for Obama, other foreign policy successes include letting NATO handle Libya, ridding the world of Gadahfi, etc.  Fact is, his tactics and being pragmatic in those decisions have worked. You not giving credit where credit is due is weak and reeks of party loyalty.

Also, Iraq's economy is progressing and their lives are better which has more do with the war in Iraq's success (even if way over budget) than Obama, but still, he's been in charge of monitoring that as Commander In Chief. Another success to talk about.

Obama is channeling Harry Truman in this area as for as a Democrat in office who didn't take crap, but also strategically dealt with the crap effectively behind the scenes.

It's been better than I expected.   Yes.  Give credit where the credit is due or it looks like you're a brainwashed Tea Partier.

We're a long way from the days of the Bill Weld Republicans, so if you really enjoy being a part of a party that is funded mostly by crooks who could less about you and your future , using 30 year old rhetoric hoping you buy into it in 2012, and being led by bible thumpers with IQs of 6, then congratulations, because that is what controls the Republican Party right now.

Why do you think Gary Johnson, who was a Republican, became a Liberatarian?  It wasn't JUST to run for president. It's because he can't associate himself with morons anymore.

The fact is any president needs to show leadership and that's what Obama does do, so give credit where credit is due. He doesn't care about polls. That's a good leader.

[/QUOTE]

Rusty I'm an independant and don't care who's with what party but really did you make some of these statements? Obama locked out part of the Congress during the health care bill and told people not to read it and just sign it, they could read it after. That's not being a leader one bit. A leader pulls the sides together not tries to force them to be separate to his whim.

Romney also never said that you were entitled if you made under $250k he said 47% (which oddly enough is the amount of people not paying taxes). So no if you pay taxes he did not say that you were entitled. At least you coudl present the facts properly if you want to appear to remain unbiased.

BTW Obama is closer to Carter then Truman. Just spend more and let the tires spin to get no where. We are worse off then we were 4 years ago with more debt. He is anything but Truman

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Stop the wars.  Vote for Gary Johnson

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to themightypatriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Since there is no "none of the above" option this is exactly what I did lol

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Yeah, filibustering Congress per John Bohener's own words, which intelligent people didn't need anyway. I knew it from day 1. I am an American first and political party guy way down near the bottom of my list. It's not about the party/shouldn't be.

Plain as day. Stall in Congress, block any kind of progress, all for political reasons on the backs of Americans out of work.

Super!

I am assuming you think Romney didn't call your or me (the people who don't make more than 250K in this country) "entitled" too? He did. It's documented proof. That should be more than enough for anyone who doesn't make 250K+ to not vote for him.   He got caught.

As for Obama, other foreign policy successes include letting NATO handle Libya, ridding the world of Gadahfi, etc.  Fact is, his tactics and being pragmatic in those decisions have worked. You not giving credit where credit is due is weak and reeks of party loyalty.

Also, Iraq's economy is progressing and their lives are better which has more do with the war in Iraq's success (even if way over budget) than Obama, but still, he's been in charge of monitoring that as Commander In Chief. Another success to talk about.

Obama is channeling Harry Truman in this area as for as a Democrat in office who didn't take crap, but also strategically dealt with the crap effectively behind the scenes.

It's been better than I expected.   Yes.  Give credit where the credit is due or it looks like you're a brainwashed Tea Partier.

We're a long way from the days of the Bill Weld Republicans, so if you really enjoy being a part of a party that is funded mostly by crooks who could less about you and your future , using 30 year old rhetoric hoping you buy into it in 2012, and being led by bible thumpers with IQs of 6, then congratulations, because that is what controls the Republican Party right now.

Why do you think Gary Johnson, who was a Republican, became a Liberatarian?  It wasn't JUST to run for president. It's because he can't associate himself with morons anymore.

The fact is any president needs to show leadership and that's what Obama does do, so give credit where credit is due. He doesn't care about polls. That's a good leader.

[/QUOTE]

Rusty I'm an independant and don't care who's with what party but really did you make some of these statements? Obama locked out part of the Congress during the health care bill and told people not to read it and just sign it, they could read it after. That's not being a leader one bit. A leader pulls the sides together not tries to force them to be separate to his whim.

Romney also never said that you were entitled if you made under $250k he said 47% (which oddly enough is the amount of people not paying taxes). So no if you pay taxes he did not say that you were entitled. At least you coudl present the facts properly if you want to appear to remain unbiased.

BTW Obama is closer to Carter then Truman. Just spend more and let the tires spin to get no where. We are worse off then we were 4 years ago with more debt. He is anything but Truman

[/QUOTE]

Carter couldn't make a decision.  Not even remotely close, dude.

Romney said 47% of the population is "entitled" did he not?  Why would ANYONE running for president call any part of the population "entitled" when trying to earn votes?

Yes, I question the logic and decision making of that particular candidate. Yes. Are you seriously trying to spin Romney's intent with the 47% line?  Really?

[/QUOTE]

I didn't spin anything you made a false claim and I corrected it. He said 47% referring to the 47% who don't pay taxes. You claimed anyone not making $250k which is closer to 90% of the country. Past that I couldn't care less if it was Romney or Obama but both have lied repeatedly in this campaign, such as Obama's claim of positive job growth of 5mil. Well that's not actually true since he needed 8mil jobs just to keep up with population growth to remain stagnant. Since he created less jobs then population growth then he had negative job growth during his presidency.

Additionally, Obama said that you couldn't change the way things were done from the inside. Frankly I'd rather have a person believing half the country is freeloading then a president who doesn't think they could change anything and just wants to collect a pay check.

Face it both sides made gafts and I didn't vote for either but don't claim unbiased then post false information towards the one you're supporting.

Oh btw you want to talk about not making a decision, did Obama ever set a budget once? That's one of the most basic things you could do is set a budget and he didn't purpose 1 during his presidency, just made claims that no matter what he'd purpose the Republicans would shoot it down. I don't care if they did or didn't but at least make a decision and purpose one

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

One thing I have learned is there are two things not to discuss with others..... Politics and religion.  So many people have such strong beliefs in these two areas.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to jri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

One thing I have learned is there are two things not to discuss with others..... Politics and religion.  So many people have such strong beliefs in these two areas.

[/QUOTE]

Two of the most corrupt industries around. 2 groups where a few people make tons of money of the hard work of the masses.

[/QUOTE]

In that case include Barney as well, and I'm talking about the purple dinosaur not the purple blob in congress

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to themightypatriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Since there is no "none of the above" option this is exactly what I did lol

[/QUOTE]

Lol

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+1 I know people like to debate on politics but its just not for me. I've never changed anyone else's opinion and no one has ever changed mine. I don't mind others debating on it but I hate when people try to bring it up with me and find out where I stand.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to glenr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to anonymis's comment:
    [QUOTE]

so, which moron do we vote for?

[/QUOTE]

Vote for the Morman, not the MORON. Does that help?

[/QUOTE]

Yup lets put the people back in who stood around denying there were any economic problems while the economy circled the drain. Mitt is trying to portray himself as something new but in fact the same old puppet masters who pulled Bush's strings are pulling Mitts.

[/QUOTE]

If you had a clue you would know the puppeteers pull Obama's strings too. They haggle over a few hundred billion while they both give away trillions.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It is well documented that Bush, McCain et al were denied multiple times by Barney Frank and his cronies that there was anything wrong with Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. Who are the ones that stood around doing nothing?? Or even worse, lied to cover up their involvement with the problems?

[/QUOTE]

Agree, but that doesn't mean Bush cared about it either. If he did he would have done something. McCain, yes.

The bottom line is the October 1999 (Clinton - Probably his worst decision as president and no one even talks about this) deregulation of Steagall-Glass, which worked fine for 70 years, allowed Frank and Dodd to be morons or criminals. That's pretty much it in a nutshell right there.  I still question them in terms of kickbacks for championing that bill.

There should be more an investigation in that, because Frank and Dodd aren't dumb, so that means they were likely getting kick backs or had a nice big, bag of cash dropped off into an offshore account.

Born at night, not last night. In no way shape or form is their excuse or reasoning acceptable. 

Those two are perfect examples why we need term limits in Congress. Right there. Perfect example. They can easily get re-elected based on the constiuencies they represent and then just run amuck with too much power in Congress.

It's a huge problem.

[/QUOTE]

Glass-Steagall was the opening of Pandora's box. It let the banks become high rollers. But there is a global aganda that supercedes all these incidental details.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

RUSTY.... you are talking with out facts...

1.OBAMA thew our Western EUROPE missile shield under the bus to curry favor with Vladimir, who he promised to be more flexible after he got re-elected. Flexible at AMERICA'S expense.

2.OBAMA/BIDEN failed to get a Status of Forces agreement in Iraq and is losing the peace that the Armed FORCES won.

3. ISRAEL is looking for a new Moses to lead them out of bondage since that is where Obama has consigned with his comments about boundries.

4. Your other comments are all ad hominums.

5. OBAMA has neither the Credentials, Courage, or Conscience to be President. 

6. As for leadership ability, he has none. He could not lead me thru a Chinese cat house with a 100 lb bag of rice. Witness that he appointed Simpson/Bowles and then walked away from it.

7. Obama submitted two budgets to the Senate and got zero votes them from Dems and Republicans.

8. I'LL allow that OBAMA did one thing that I thought was impossible. He made Carter look good.

FYI .. I am a Fiscal Conservative as is the Tea Party. I've wasted too much time responding to a man who should know better. Especially since I'm one fingered typist. You should stick to football where you seem to have some knowledge.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I don't disagree. But, you driving to vote for Johnson is also a waste.  Thst was my point. My vote vs yours aren't any different.

Address the electoral college flaw and then we can talk, dude.

[/QUOTE]

And what is that electoral college flaw junior? Can't wait to hear this one.

[/QUOTE]

What is the flaw? Are you kidding me?  If you have a polarization (at its peak right now) of two political parties and the electoral college count trumps the popular vote, all you have to to do is win specific states.

As PatsEng just said above "my vote doesn't count" and that's because we know Obama coasts in MA, just like we know Romney coasts in the South.

You're mocking me like I don't know what I am talking about, yet I do.   It's very clear by you challenging me on this concept, you actualy have NO CLUE, so I am glad I can help you learn, old man.

See, you follow me around, all insecure because I am smarter than you, and you look for ways to try to gain leverage back.

Well, you didn't here and likely won't anywhere. The electoral college was a concept that was based on poulation of states for proper representation.......populations like 200 years ago!!!

How and why should that apply in 2012? It's ludicrous. The whole point of voting is to make sure each INDIVIDUAL's vote COUNTS.  Why should 1 or 2 states decide a nationa election?

We invented Democracy yet we don't have this part right? It's comical and sad at the same time.

Capiche? I apoligize to the board for my tone, but if anyone knows Babe and me here, they know what he's looking to do with his condescening initiating tone right there. It's impossible for him to believe someone 25 his junior is more intelligent than he is. lol

[/QUOTE]

It's simple junior. You either believe we should be the United States, or "America".

You either believe in states rights or homogenization. The nation was founded on the concept of several states united yet retaining a certain autonomy. The electoral college serves that. The popular vote doesn't.

The entire design of this government is to keep the 51% from shoving whatever they want repeatedly down the throats of the 49%.

The electoral college serves that design purpose and fortunately the 51% can't change that. It would take 2/3rds for that.

I don't follow you around junior. I just respond to any person's posts in agreement or otherwise. It's not my fault you're wrong so much.