god awful play selection

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from koft. Show koft's posts

god awful play selection

there were almost no screen passes yesterday. at no time this season has o`brien or belichick tried to put maroney`s great speed and hard running to good use, besides the run-of-the-mill hand offs, whch gives the opposing D a huge advantage. what a waste. no screens, no dump-off passes either, where LM could break free for 20-30 yard + gains. no more does the patriot offense incorporate ben watson  in screen passes like they did the last time they WON a SUPER BOWL , which had either daniel graham or ben watson getting big yardage on nice4 well-exectued screens.. anyone besides me remember?  [that was the game where BB gave charlie and romeo a big hug]. no wonder brady is WORSE now than is MATT CASSEL...the play calling is so predictable that it isn`t hard to figure out/ i remember josh mcdaniels` first year as OC, and it left something to be desired...but NUTTIN like what we`re seeing this season out of o`brien. and what about kevin faulk yesterday? one run for 7 yds...0 screen passes and 0 short yardage pass plays. talk about a waste of very expensive star players. no wonder buffalo almost did an 'Indy' and a 'Miami' to us again yesterday. yesterday could have been another come-from behind-loss. luckily it was the BIlls we was playing...otherwise o`brien and belichick would have lost another one for us yet again.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: god awful play selection

Could they surprise us in the playoffs??  Wouldn't that be nice!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

If it works on the ground, go to shot-gun for the rest of the quarter!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

o brien is a moron.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from plinny. Show plinny's posts

The Pats have been making chicken salad out of chicken s*%t all year. If you don't think they are overachieving then You run the risk of being considred naive or at least football ignorant.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In the past Belichick has saved a few plays to use in the playoffs. Let's hope he has many up his sleeve this year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I expected more out of them this season.  They are 2nd in the NFL in yards, and 8th in points which is not that bad.  I suppose I just figured with the 2007 lineup mostly intact on offense they would be 1st or 2nd this year.  Maybe my expectations were too high.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

In Response to Re: god awful play selection:
    [QUOTE]I expected more out of them this season.  They are 2nd in the NFL in yards, and 8th in points which is not that bad.  I suppose I just figured with the 2007 lineup mostly intact on offense they would be 1st or 2nd this year.  Maybe my expectations were too high.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

Alot of that has to do with the first half of the games they played where they outscored thier opponent by so much and in the second half they didnt do anything.

I think us fans would just like to see more diversity with the playcalling. Most people seem to think that this offense is more talented than all 3 SB teams, if thats the case why do they do such a horrible job in the second half?

Answer....OBrien.  He is not making the proper adjustments at halftime and he is also keeping this offense one-dimensional.  I believe we all would like to see some screens and plays to get the TE's involved. I guarentee teams arent looking for that.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

The Pats have been winning despite some of the most predictable play calling, I have seen in my 30 + years of watching the NFL.

I don't think I am special or a genius, but if I can tell, from my couch in Florida, what a play is going to be, just by the situation and the formation, then you have to imagine the other team's Defensive Coordinator must.

It is testament to Welker, Faulk and Maroney, that they get any yards at all, considering their plays are telegraphed a mile away.